David Luiz

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't know how far David Luiz would be a luxury signing... Pique, Puyol & Milito are only center halfs we have currently. Abidal is not for that role. Milito, Abidal & Puyol are 30, 31 & 32 respectively too.

If one's sure Fontas and Muniesa are to live upto expectations then yeah we shouldn't sign David Luiz. But he's so Puyol like man, it would be awesome to have him don our jersey. Also Muniesa, I heard, is to be developed into a LB... don't know how far that's true though. I remember him playing there in teh Gamper last year

He would cost 30m,we have Milito and the youth,a luxury signing

I can't just give it up already about the valuation of the player. di Maria is like their most prized asset and he sure didn't cost them the rumored 45m valuation of his!! I seriously doubt Benfica won't be tempted for a bid 20m € for David Luiz... after all we all know the attackers tend to cost more than the defenders

* Transfermarkt values him at 12m €... come on, his transfer can't cost much more than 15-18 from that assessment!!

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
I don't know how far David Luiz would be a luxury signing... Pique, Puyol & Milito are only center halfs we have currently. Abidal is not for that role. Milito, Abidal & Puyol are 30, 31 & 32 respectively too.

If one's sure Fontas and Muniesa are to live upto expectations then yeah we shouldn't sign David Luiz. But he's so Puyol like man, it would be awesome to have him don our jersey. Also Muniesa, I heard, is to be developed into a LB... don't know how far that's true though. I remember him playing there in teh Gamper last year

I can't just give it up already about the valuation of the player. di Maria is like their most prized asset and he sure didn't cost them the rumored 45m valuation of his!! I seriously doubt Benfica won't be tempted for a bid 20m € for David Luiz... after all we all know the attackers tend to cost more than the defenders

* Transfermarkt values him at 12m €... come on, his transfer can't cost much more than 15-18 from that assessment!!
we need a Galliani to get him for 15m

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that right now other teams know our need of a CB, so the prices are going to skyrocket... Right now every CB looks good to me, as long as we get one!

Trequartista

The good
The thing is that right now other teams know our need of a CB, so the prices are going to skyrocket... Right now every CB looks good to me, as long as we get one!

Luiz is a superb talent,I am sure that he wont be the new Chiggy,I would welcome him,but there are other places to strengthen

I

Inês

well, i was searching at david luiz fan club and i found this forum and i was reading everything you're saying about him and I was very excited and decided to sign up. i'm portuguese, from benfica and, to be honest, i wasn't a big fan of seeing the games until last season when benfica was champion. i have to say that david was a major contributor to the title. he has a lot of quality beyond that he is a great person. last year, i thought he was leaving because he had so many proposals but at the end, he ended up. and thanks God because he is the best player of benfica. a few days ago and i think you'll like to hear it, he says that if he had to leave to another club and if he had to choose between real and barça he choses barça. i'm not happy because i know he had to leave someday but now, after reading everything you're saying about him, i think he will be well received and will have some fantastic supporters, if he ever move to barcelona.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I've only seen his Youtube side of the story, so I can't really comment on his talents... But yeah, considering our squad depth any kind of reinforcement will help...

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Seems like Chelsea are hell bent on getting Luiz. Supposedly had a bid for him rejected, so we've upped the cash and offered Ferreira. If this is true I'm all for this buy despite him not being able to play in the CL, he'd become our top CB in the coming years.

Trequartista

The good
We inquired but he isn't worth that much. Maybe an option for clubs in summer.

They are indeed asking for too much and to be fair they are quite good in those matters and we shall give them credit for this,sold Rameris for 22m,Di Maria for something close to 28-30 if I am not wrong and they will not sell Coentrao for less than 20m,Luiz for less than 25m,but he is joining City sooner or later and he will be a key addition to your squad

Home of Barca Fans