David Luiz

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He was awful, but so was the entire team and especially Scolari. Even though im not a fan of DL the player at all, he seem like a really great person, a very passionate one who played 110% for his country, full commitment and did his best.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He obviously can't be solely responsible but he was, without a shred of doubt, the worst player on there and even moreso the biggest disappointment given his captaincy. If neglecting all of his duties during the match and then engaging sympathies with some tears afterwards is his idea of 'giving his all' then he shouldn't be playing professional football. He may be a 'nice guy' but his attitude is the definition of unprofessional, only surpassed by Balotelli.

DonAK

He obviously can't be solely responsible but he was, without a shred of doubt, the worst player on there and even moreso the biggest disappointment given his captaincy. If neglecting all of his duties during the match and then engaging sympathies with some tears afterwards is his idea of 'giving his all' then he shouldn't be playing professional football. He may be a 'nice guy' but his attitude is the definition of unprofessional, only surpassed by Balotelli.

How is his attitude the definition of an unprofessional footballer? Just because he is a mediocre player in the first place and not really the best leader out there? He's always been a kamikaze player like that, but despite of his abilities or lack of them, he has never been shy of giving it all and doing his best for whichever team he is playing for. The 'never say die' attitude. That is commitment and 'giving it all'. You cannot blame him for being handed the captaincy and being an unstable player and playing for a screwed up team with an arrogant piece of a shit as his manager and call it unprofessionalism.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
How is his attitude the definition of an unprofessional footballer? Just because he is a mediocre player in the first place and not really the best leader out there? He's always been a kamikaze player like that, but despite of his abilities or lack of them, he has never been shy of giving it all and doing his best for whichever team he is playing for. The 'never say die' attitude. That is commitment and 'giving it all'. You cannot blame him for being handed the captaincy and being an unstable player and playing for a screwed up team with an arrogant piece of a shit as his manager and call it unprofessionalism.

I didn't deny that he has heart. It's just that he's always either goofing off or getting overcome by emotion. He's never focused and doing his duty the way he should be, instead doing whatever the hell he feels like doing on his own whim. If he's in the box, he's usually just walking around in la la land not giving a crap about his marker or about being constantly active. Otherwise he's either not even defending in the first place or only defending when it's time to hurl himself at a random loose ball and then charge forward with it aimlessly.

Against the Netherlands I recall this moment where the Dutch were attacking in the Brazilian box and the defenders were desperately trying to get the ball out. Finally, when they were able to pass it forward and relieve the danger guess who it was receiving the pass and then going to run forward with it: Sir David Luiz. When it comes to actually defending or taking responsibility of his role and doing what's expected of him he's never there. However, when it's time to dribble forward without regards to anything but himself or make sneaky dives and smirk at the crowd or take funky pictures in training, he can't be stopped. He has good intentions, but he's unprofessional both on and off the pitch.

Balotelli acts the same way (to a more rebellious extent and without the passion), doing whatever shit he wants whenever he wants. Exhibit A:

2ch28m9.jpg

Robbie

No single player is solely responsible for a goal. The ball had to come all the way from the opposition's half, through the midfield, the defense, and ultimately the goalkeeper. Surely in some cases some players are more to blame than others, but if a team loses 7:1, something's wrong there, and it ain't one player.

In this case, Luiz was a huge factor in Brazil's collapse. If you watch the game, but keep an eye on Luiz, you'll start to notice how many times he bombs forward without making sure there's someone there to cover him. He spends most of the game in the opposition's side of the pitch acting like a striker, forgetting that all that space he leaves behind is basically handing goals to the opposition on a silver platter.

Bertus

David Luiz was horrible in that game and was responsible for at least 5 of those goals by himself.

He is PSG's problem now.
What does psg have to do with anything. You know it's not by using logical fallacy that you will hide the fact your argument is bullshit.

Him being a PSG player won't change the fact that he will probably continue in the national team.

But continue to throw your anger at one player while all your federation and coachs are pure crap completely corrupted.

A chance not all Brazilians are like you, I really hope most are like Flavia, who are aware that Brazil problems and what happened at the WC is not the result of a bad match of just one player.

CuleLife4Life

All Luiz had to do was stay in his position and support the defense. He was making outrageous runs and by the time the Germans were trying to score he was already halfway up the field. He was the worst player on the field of a lot of bad Brazilian players but he should have never been captain. He can't handle that type of responsibility.

I know whats wrong with my country and its federation. I'm just pointing out, like many others in this thread, how horrible he was. Don't get butt hurt because P$G was stupid enough to buy him for that amount.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
As I said before, the emotions got to him and once the Germans scored 1, David Luiz went kamikaze, going on Hail-Mary runs in an attempt to score and put Brazil back in the game.

DonAK

He is not getting "butthurt" for you saying that. He reacted against your comment when you said he was the sole reason for your WC exit when you most likely would have been kicked in your ass anyway. Scolari's tactics and team selections were never good enough to win a WC despite of whatever they showed in the Confederations Cup.

Bertus

All Luiz had to do was stay in his position and support the defense. He was making outrageous runs and by the time the Germans were trying to score he was already halfway up the field. He was the worst player on the field of a lot of bad Brazilian players but he should have never been captain. He can't handle that type of responsibility.

I know whats wrong with my country and its federation. I'm just pointing out, like many others in this thread, how horrible he was. Don't get butt hurt because P$G was stupid enough to buy him for that amount.
The only butthurt person that tries to find a scapegoat to avoid to point all the bigger problems brazil had is you.

I never hid that I hate DL, but I don't expect a newbie here to know about it so i forgive you.

But contrary to you I don't act like a kid. Even when I dislike somebody I don't accuse him of everything when there were way biggers reasons about why Brazil collapsed.

Instead of throwing DL fallacies at me, contact Flavia if you want. She's brazilian, same as you. But since she's not a butthurt kiddo, she's well aware about what Brazil did wrong.

Hell, she called this disaster since the beginning. I remember her saying it, explaining it. She didn't need that game against germany to know it will not end well.

That said, given your replies so far, you will prefer to talk about PSG again. That's really pathetic.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
David Luiz (PSG): "I didn't have doubts from the moment PSG contacted me. I'm sure I'll be happier here than at Barça or Bayern." [tf1]

Home of Barca Fans