David Luiz

mark1nhu

I really like David Luiz character and I really was mesmerized by his performance in the World Cup until that 7x1.

But aside from that, I know he is and always was a defender with lots of flaws.

I am sorry, but I could see him getting those nutmegs even if he was fit.

Doesn't mean he is a bad player. He is average to good, with ridiculous bad and good moments, alternating with no pattern.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine we played without Pique and one legged other cb Mascherano/Mathieu.
Some people are being unfair towards Luiz.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah and if there's a situation where multiple guys are possibly at fault it's always Luiz targeted. That was quite annoying when he was at Chelsea, I'd watch the replays and he's not the only one at fault for some mistakes. All round poor defending shouldn't lead to one guy being blamed just because he's an easy target. He does make some damn stupid blunders, but average blunders get blown up. He's good, not £50m good but he's a generally solid defender. He's a great personality to have around too, I personally miss the guy being around, he's such a bright character.

Bertus

Imagine we played without Pique and one legged other cb Mascherano/Mathieu.
Some people are being unfair towards Luiz.
And even when he gets trashed (deserved or not), he never comments on it.

He never said anything about the fans either.

And when french medias try to dig a bit to know what he thinks, he always replies, "that kind of things happen, but can't complain when I see what god gave me. I have a marvelous life. I don't have any rights to complain."

God/religious things aside, he's very humble, and since he landed in Paris, it became very hard for me (who disliked him) to dislike him. Because he never makes up excuses and even accept unfair judgements passed on him like what's happening since last wednesday.

Bertus

I really like David Luiz character and I really was mesmerized by his performance in the World Cup until that 7x1.

But aside from that, I know he is and always was a defender with lots of flaws.

I am sorry, but I could see him getting those nutmegs even if he was fit.

Doesn't mean he is a bad player. He is average to good, with ridiculous bad and good moments, alternating with no pattern.

This season, he didn't do any big mistake till last wednesday when he played injured. So I see you didn't follow him much this season. He was oustanding against Chelsea, and same against Barca ealier this season (but some people here seem to have completely forgotten it of course)

So, really, all those jokes and trashing were not deserved.

Even I who was the first to dislike this transfer admitted (because only retards would continue to deny it) that PSG team went up with him, not down.

He has been near perfect this whole season, till last wednesday.

Now if adults want to continue to act like 7yo kids and trash him for his performance against Barca last wednesday, nothing can stop them but he isn't the one responsible.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I think people just need to understand that

a) David Luiz was injured
b) Suarez was in beast mode

Why give him stick, while he was the reason why PSG got this far.

I actually feel sorry for the guy. Big part of a historic 7 0 wc semi final defeat at home, then gets emasculated twice by Suarez, crushing all cl chances for PSG

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Well, he can blame the club for not having adequate cover at the CB position. They've only got 3 CBs, as Camara is basically semi-retired.

Bertus

Well, he can blame the club for not having adequate cover at the CB position. They've only got 3 CBs, as Camara is basically semi-retired.

He never blame anyone. So he would not blame PSG.

Now if people here and on twitter could realize the real idiots in this story are Blanc and Nasser, that would be good start.

I wonder if the ones that are so mean whenever they can actually think 2 minutes about how they would act if that was them that were unfairly trashed.

If I had to bet, I would bet most of them would never act as humble as DL is. Accepting all these trashing like a punishment even when it isn't deserved at all.

Jair Ventura

He never blame anyone. So he would not blame PSG.

Now if people here and on twitter could realize the real idiots in this story are Blanc and Nasser, that would be good start.

I wonder if the ones that are so mean whenever they can actually think 2 minutes about how they would act if that was them that were unfairly trashed.

If I had to bet, I would bet most of them would never act as humble as DL is. Accepting all these trashing like a punishment even when it isn't deserved at all.

I don't think anyone's an idiot, Blanc nor Nasser(whose put together a marvelous roster in very little time), it's just the number of players PSG is allowed to have on roster at one time due to FFP.

james baldwin

Perhaps what most annoys me is the disgusting amount of hype he gets. Why is he worth 50 million? Why is he in the World XI? I will never understand.

mark1nhu

This season, he didn't do any big mistake till last wednesday when he played injured. So I see you didn't follow him much this season. He was oustanding against Chelsea, and same against Barca ealier this season (but some people here seem to have completely forgotten it of course)

So, really, all those jokes and trashing were not deserved.

Even I who was the first to dislike this transfer admitted (because only retards would continue to deny it) that PSG team went up with him, not down.

He has been near perfect this whole season, till last wednesday.

Now if adults want to continue to act like 7yo kids and trash him for his performance against Barca last wednesday, nothing can stop them but he isn't the one responsible.

In fact I am not following him since he moved to Paris, because I just don't enjoy Ligue 1.

I am talking generally, about aspects from all his career.

But as I said: I like him, he is a good humble person, as you correctly pointed.

I just can see him making similar mistakes being fit or not. Same with his greatest moments, because he is (or used to be) pretty unpredictable.

Home of Barca Fans