David Luiz

BenRobbins

He isn't even that good in CM either, he is just better there than in Defence. In his position around europe the players other teams have are: Matic, Alonso, Busi, Carrick, Pirlo. He isn't anywhere near as good as any of them at that role.

Hellsangel

An abomination af a CB. Time and time again proves that he doesn't know the basics. The complete opposite of reliable. As a trainer I would pay money not to have him in my team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The first nutmeg could have happened to the best of them, but that second one was humiliation. He is the last man and the very last thing you do when you’re the last man is jump in with both feet and freeze up.

The man performs on his day, but when the pressure is on, the afro chicken dance begins.

That's a fair point really. And he does that all the time. People cannot blame the 3rd goal in his injury. Being the last man he should have stayed back and waited for his team mates to cut off Suarez instead of barging forward like he does all the time.

Luiz never was and will never be a great CB. Even at Benfica it was more about his attacking qualities as a CB which stood forward rather than his defending. He does well alongside Thiago Silva though, for Brazil and PSG now so I guess as long as he is with him, he'll do fine.

Marquinhos is only 20, but plays with more maturity and understanding than David Luiz who is much more experienced.

psychotsek

10419548_1087827547899650_235326216177565452_n.jpg

:lol:

Bertus

Wasn't there someone else able to play? Even if from the reserve team?
I think it's a bit unjust to put a player thru this kind of stuff.

No less that seeing a bunch of retards laughing at him while he tried but was injured.

People can blame PSG and Blanc (I did, a lot), but no, they prefer to laugh at Luiz because it's cool.

And yeah, I really think it's retarded to laugh at DL since as you said, Blanc should have never subbed him in to begin with since he IS still injured.

But retards are retards and will continue to dance and laugh at DL's fee. That's life.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

David Luis isnt as terrible as people make him out to be, sure he is overrated and Psg overpayed for him but Suarez' skills and the injury made him look way worse than he is.
He even got applauded for the Chelsea performance, now back to being mocked again like after the 7-1 loss to Germany.

Kohe321

I like David Luiz a lot actually, most of all his spirit and drive when he plays. Those nutmegs yesterday were really clever by Luis Suarez, and fans who make fun of David ironically also take away some of the cred that Suarez deserves for pulling of what he did. This could have happened to many other defenders other than just David Luiz.

He played while injured as well, which certainly doesn't help, and the effort he showed while running around out there in pain deserves respect and just shows that fighting spirit that I like so much.

His performance against Chelsea when he wasn't injured and was firing on all cylinders was great, and shows that he's a really great player.

Last edited:

Barcadub

I've seen him make that challenge a few times that he attempted on Suarez before the 3rd goal.

Didn't work this time.

Unbelievable goal.

Jair Ventura

Dude came back after 10 days through a injury that was supposed to sideline him for a month, because his club needed him, and people are trashing him? Sure, he messed up, but he's injured and that was clear.

BrazilFan

Dude came back after 10 days through a injury that was supposed to sideline him for a month, because his club needed him, and people are trashing him? Sure, he messed up, but he's injured and that was clear.

Because he David Luiz, he gets far more flack from neutrals for mistakes that are routinely ignored when top class defenders does the same.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Because he David Luiz, he gets far more flack from neutrals for mistakes that are routinely ignored when top class defenders does the same.

Because he's David Luis he makes much more such mistakes imo. I'm not saying he's a bad player, he played very good against Chelsea and decided the game with his goal. He's played many more games for PSG where he's been very good. But the guy is prone to brainfarts, half-injured or not, that is a fact if we look at his career. It also has to do with his risk taking, because he definitively takes bigger risks than your average CB - he is far more attack minded.

Home of Barca Fans