David Luiz

Barcilliant

He will be a success at Barca. He will provide leadership, pysically he is a brute and hr can shoot from distance plus play in midfield. He is only 26 and will improve.

Jadentheman

Ok aside from his problems, I don't want him to leave Chelsea. Same goes for Juan Mata. I like them there, they make the team great. Plus having Luiz to abandon Oscar for Neymar would be saddening

SeloBarca

He's 26. Not that young. Plus he sucks as a CB, he's better as a CDM. Well, I guess that explains why we're being linked to him... :tito:

I wouldn't mind a certain other Brazilian though...

I agree, David Luiz has played as a CM last season, and have been better in that position then as a CD. When was the last time we signed a non spanish speaking player?

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He will be a success at Barca. He will provide leadership, pysically he is a brute and hr can shoot from distance plus play in midfield. He is only 26 and will improve.

A lot of this is true but it overlooks the fact that he's a cheat/douche

Butaan4barca

Sound like rosell paying back to his brazilian contacts. HE ISN'T A GOOD DEFENDER. we can't win tight matches with him paring with pique in the back. For me its like signing another defensive mid. He is not a defender for me.

Butaan4barca

i seriously hope we don't bid for him. No matter what value. CHelsea would take it and run away. Mourinho would know he isn't a defender.

Trickykid

i seriously hope we don't bid for him. No matter what value. CHelsea would take it and run away. Mourinho would know he isn't a defender.

Hardly. He's been one of their stand-out performers this season, and it's not like they need money. Unless Mou really doesn't want him at all, I can't see him leaving. And even if he doesn't want him as a defender, he could easily use him as a DM.

JamDav1982

He is exactly the same as Pique in that he needs a leader beside him to guide him and organise the defence.

Cannot see them making a good partnership at all.

ShandyFFM

we really should have signed someone like chedjou from lille now es at galatasaray for only 7 mil and he will be great

PaulFCB

Banned
1. We need a defender, long story short.
2. Do you guys really want to go all in with a 19 year old defender? Even 26 is not too much for a defender. The fact that Pique is only 26 is actually the only thing that gives me hope.
3. A very young defender, even if good, will not be a constantly excellent defender, he will go thru many ups and downs till he reaches a mature age for this position, by the time he will, chances he will play for another club, not worth investing like this in a defender, better buy a 28 year old with his best 5 years ahead of him. Pique is an exception since he is home grown, not just a player transferred young from MU. Even though Valdes incident says it all, you are never 100%.
4. If we could buy any defender for 40m max, we wouldn't buy David Luiz, what are our other options for a player that also has at least his experience in a tough championship + European Cups? Yeah, I would get Silva ahead of him, but can we?
5. In my opinion, we need 2 CB's anyway.

Cannot see them making a good partnership at all.

This. People (myself included) have their doubts about a Pique/Hummels partnership, but it would be much better than a Pique/Luiz partnership. Which isn't saying much, because Pique/Luiz would probably be a disaster. Both are pretty slow, both are error prone, and both like going forward (especially Luiz, who's basically all about it). Not to mention Luiz is a much better CDM than CB (no wonder we're interested :tito:).

Tito doesn't want Hummels because he thinks he wouldn't work well with Pique, right? Yet according to the rumors he's fine with Luiz... :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I also have my doubts about a Pique/Hummels pairing, but Pique/Luiz would be much worse.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

Why would Chelsea sell him for that rumored amount (25 m)? Makes absolutely no sense when they bought him from Benfica for the exact same amount of money.

If this was last summer I would had definitely laughed at this rumor but Luiz has been quite impressive for Chelsea this season, especially defensively speaking, something he struggled with in the beginning.

I could definitely see him fit the team but I can't see Mourinho wanting to sell him. Why? And who would be his replacement? A 30 year old Pepe? Really? I don't think so.

I am starting to like the Marquinhos option the most for now at least.

Home of Barca Fans