David Luiz

Trickykid

This. People (myself included) have their doubts about a Pique/Hummels partnership, but it would be much better than a Pique/Luiz partnership. Which isn't saying much, because Pique/Luiz would probably be a disaster. Both are pretty slow, both are error prone, and both like going forward (especially Luiz, who's basically all about it). Not to mention Luiz is a much better CDM than CB (no wonder we're interested :tito:).

Tito doesn't want Hummels because he thinks he wouldn't work well with Pique, right? Yet apparently he's fine with Luiz... :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I also have my doubts about a Pique/Hummels pairing, but Pique/Luiz would be much worse.

I may have missed it, so please be a doll and direct me to where I can read all about Tito wanting Luiz.
Seriously, there's a lot to be mad at Tito about, but I swear, you guys are taking the unfounded Tito bashing to a whole other level.

I may have missed it, so please be a doll and direct me to where I can read all about Tito wanting Luiz.
Seriously, there's a lot to be mad at Tito about, but I swear, you guys are taking the unfounded Tito bashing to a whole other level.

Vilanova has given his approval for the club to try to sign Chelsea centre back David Luiz (26). The transfer fee would be 25M. [sport]

from Barcastuff

Could be a BS rumor, but if it has any truth to it... :facepalm:

Last edited:

Trickykid

Vilanova has given his approval for the club to try to sign Chelsea centre back David Luiz (26). The transfer fee would be 25M. [sport]

from Barcastuff

Could be a BS rumor, but if it has any truth to it... :facepalm:

If we were to believe all these bullshit rumours from bullshit papers and bullshit Twitter accounts quoting the aforementioned bullshit papers, we'd have signed a gazillion players so far. When bashing people - Tito included - you'd do well to at least do it on valid grounds.

If we were to believe all these bullshit rumours from bullshit papers and bullshit Twitter accounts quoting the aforementioned bullshit papers, we'd have signed a gazillion players so far. When bashing people - Tito included - you'd do well to at least do it on valid grounds.

Yeah, I already said that it could be a bullshit rumor.

Tomchin

This. People (myself included) have their doubts about a Pique/Hummels partnership, but it would be much better than a Pique/Luiz partnership. Which isn't saying much, because Pique/Luiz would probably be a disaster. Both are pretty slow, both are error prone, and both like going forward (especially Luiz, who's basically all about it).
To be fair, Pique-Marquez (who're both very similar) was one of our best CB-partnerships in the last few years, so it's difficult to predict if it would work out.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
To be fair, Pique-Marquez (who're both very similar) was one of our best CB-partnerships in the last few years, so it's difficult to predict if it would work out.

Marquez could act like a stopper when necessary, he was a more multi-styled defender.

archimidis

Thiago Silva is not going to be sold and if he is it is not gonna be a realistic price. Hummels is said to be similar as Pique, Subotic is not for sale either (big fan of Dortmund and wants to stay), Ramos plays for Real, Marquinhos is gonna be sold for at least 20 mil euros (20 million for someone who only played half a season if I am not mistaken), Dante is not for sale, Company is not for sale, Chielini is not for sale Plus apart from being top class the defender should be able to adapt to the football style. There aren't many world class defenders that MIGHT be available out there and we need one desperately. Otherwise Tito will keep playing Mascherano (had been good for many games, but let's be honest, this is not his natural position and will never be even near world-class as a central defender) or even Adriano!
And people do not like David Luiz, especially if we can achieve such a low price of 25 mil! Who would you recommend instead?

Last edited:

Antimadridista1

Thiago Silva is not going to be sold and if he is it is not gonna be a realistic price. Hummels is said to be similar as Pique, Subotic is not for sale either (big fan of Dortmund and wants to stay), Ramos plays for Real, Marquinhos is gonna be sold for at least 20 mil euros (20 million for someone who only played half a season if I am not mistaken), Dante is not for sale, Company is not for sale, Chielini is not for sale Plus apart from being top class the defender should be able to adapt to the football style. There aren't many world class defenders that MIGHT be available out there and we need one desperately. Otherwise Tito will keep playing Mascherano (had been good for many games, but let's be honest, this is not his natural position and will never be even near world-class as a central defender) or even Adriano!
And people do not like David Luiz, especially if we can achieve such a low price of 25 mil! Who would you recommend instead?

Vertonghen, Koscielny, Nkoulou or even Sakho. There's a lot of very good CB from France or in France (We need a "Abi" kind of player)

Juan Shoe

He is not a defender. If you are in your mid 20's as a centre half and haven't been able to work out basic positioning or when to go to ground then I'm afraid that you will never be a top centre half. He can be a decent DM but will never be the new Puyol.

archimidis

Vertonghen, Koscielny, Nkoulou or even Sakho. There's a lot of very good CB from France or in France (We need a "Abi" kind of player)

I think Vertoghen will be overpriced and is not a natural CD, I don't know if Arsenal is willing to sell Koscielny especially now that they seem to be in favor of offloading Vermaalen. Sakho is supposed to be a bad character, so he might cause problems in the locker room. I don't know about Nkoulou, have never watched him, he might be good and much cheaper than David Luiz!!

Banana-Rama

say what you want about david luiz but in the closing months of this season he has been excellent, chelsea's squad is already thin at centre back without letting a key player like him go, considering that chelsea paid 25 million euros to sign him in the first place and his importance in the squad it would have to be a very generous offer indeed from barca...

P

PhilS

He will be a success at Barca. He will provide leadership, pysically he is a brute and hr can shoot from distance plus play in midfield. He is only 26 and will improve.

He is one of the best athletes in this sport. The team will instantly be quite a bit better on both offensive and defensive corner kicks, the guy is big, strong, rough, and he can jump.

I don't know about the leadership, he does not seem to be what you would call a smart player. But he does have a wonderful enthusiasm for the game that seems to have a very positive effect on his teammates.

OK, you add Neymar, Luiz and a centerforward this summer. Do I smell a change to 4-2-3-1? Maybe not next year, but the year after, when Tito gets replaced? Luiz is just fantastic as part of the 2 in the 4-2-3-1. A sweeper-type. He may never be a classic, sound CB, which does not mean that he would not improve the current crop of Barca CBs. And Barca does not play classic, sound defense.

CatalinR10

David Luiz (Chelsea): "I wouldn't have to study a lot in case I would join Barcelona, because I already speak Spanish!" [sport]

Home of Barca Fans