David Luiz

K

kingleo

Luiz has had many games like today for Chelsea but everyone seems to ignore them and focus on the incidents where he has made mistakes in games! He is so underrated!

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Luiz has had many games like today for Chelsea but everyone seems to ignore them and focus on the incidents where he has made mistakes in games! He is so underrated!

Yes he does. People constantly highlight his mistakes moreso than anyone else, wierd.

He is quality & is more suited to Serie A/La Liga type of football i think.

Luiz does have a lot of games like today. He also has a lot of games where he makes critical mistakes. That's just the kind of player he is. He'll be spectacular in one hand and then make you scratch your head in the other. He's improved in this regard under Benitez but it's still part of his nature. When you're partnering with Thiago Silva, you can probably afford the occasional lapse. But if your partner is Gerard Pique, well... that's a different story.

+1

Galning

Yes he does. People constantly highlight his mistakes moreso than anyone else, wierd.

He is quality & is more suited to Serie A/La Liga type of football i think.

It's the curse of playing on the defensive side of the field. Look at goalkeepers.. They can make 100 saves but if they miss the 101st one they're screwed.
Good game by Luiz today, sometimes he seems a bit too enthusiastic while going into challenges but as a neutral it gives me some entertainment :D

Co0ter

Really not what we need. We need a defensive minded only center back. I'd take a 19 year old Marquinhos over Luiz any day of the week. I want a BEAST in defense. And to be a beast, you have to accept the fact that your trade is to defend, and nothing else.

barcanuck

You can afford to send someone forward when you have Thiago Silva back there. Luiz is a wild man. Still would love to see him in Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I thought we played attacking football at Barca?

Difference between attacking football and brainless football.

David Luiz has done well recently, but he need to control himself. Alongside Pique he's not the ideal CB at all.

Home of Barca Fans