David Luiz

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If he does end up selling, which from what I've seen of what he's actually said, he won't, because he claims Luiz is key to his plans and says he's going to use him pretty much every game he can, we'll be trying to buy Doria, who Barca are apparently after too.

Heard Doria has more talent than Marquinhos.

emkej

I think he's very skillful and comprehensive player and I'll watch him with pleasure if he join Barca, but I'm afraid about prize which we'll pay for him. IMO 30mln € is maximum.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Pep wants him at Bayern. Go away Pep, go buy a good defender from one of the other German teams.

Butaan4barca

Trust me, he isn't a good defender. Won't suggest him for 10 m. As a dM maybe.

And when mourinho likes a guy, you shouldn't think twice about him. He definetely has a great great eye for talent. (with chelsea he made the superstarts).

And when he doesn't wan't a guy you should think 100 times before buying him (example david luiz).
Mourinho has the incredible capability of making ordinariy footballer look great on the pitch, e.g joe cole in chelsea, milito and david santon in inter, callejon in realmadrid.
and apparently he doesn't wan't luiz.

ebc_99

Trust me, he isn't a good defender. Won't suggest him for 10 m. As a dM maybe.

And when mourinho likes a guy, you shouldn't think twice about him. He definetely has a great great eye for talent. (with chelsea he made the superstarts).

And when he doesn't wan't a guy you should think 100 times before buying him (example david luiz).
Mourinho has the incredible capability of making ordinariy footballer look great on the pitch, e.g joe cole in chelsea, milito and david santon in inter, callejon in realmadrid.
and apparently he doesn't wan't luiz.

Mourinho is not perfect, maybe he is making a mistake letting him go. If Martino thinks he can use him then lets go for it, I like Luiz and think he is better suited to play in our defence than Chelsea's. He would not be my first choice but we are close to the new season so we don't have many alternatives. If he brings Vergini as well that would give us 2 new defenders that have a different style that we can use for differen opposition.

ceefoo

It's gonna happen my fellow cules. :smiley_scared: I am already bracing myself for the bad news.

I can just sense that we are going to sign Luiz for 40m. And Mou will be laughing all the way to Brazil, where he'll sign Doria on the cheap and turn him into the next superstar defender, and then once Luiz fails miserably at Barca, we'll go and sign him for 40m. :slap:

It's gonna happen. :(

Butaan4barca

But Mou isn't infallible. He's just human and he can be wrong like everyone

No he ain't. I just used him name to support my argument because no doubt he has proved himself again and again.

But i have been saying this so many times. With all this hype, david luiz is the worst defender we could've. Why

1. His is almost always out of position
2. Likes to go forward, and has not got the speed or mental presence to track back. Don't compare his performance in NT with his possible performance in Barcelona.
3. Not worth more than 10 million. I bet if we delay the transfer and make a 10 m bid at the end of this window. Chelsea will let him go.
Why ? because Mourinho is looking for much better option which we obviously are ignoring.

Butaan4barca

Mourinho is not perfect, maybe he is making a mistake letting him go. If Martino thinks he can use him then lets go for it, I like Luiz and think he is better suited to play in our defence than Chelsea's. He would not be my first choice but we are close to the new season so we don't have many alternatives. If he brings Vergini as well that would give us 2 new defenders that have a different style that we can use for differen opposition.

NO he doesn't suits our style at all. He just wouldn't accept the role of sitting behind and opening up towards the sideline. With two offensive fullback, paring him with pique might work for most of the season but when it will come down to Byern munich, real madrid or chelsea they will tear our defense apart.

Plus i have always believed defense is very much scientific too, Pretty much like other position. Listening to your coach how he want you to defend. He just doesn't seems like the kind who would listen. Sorry.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He's got the pace and ball skills but does he have the intelligence to cover the spaces behind? I'm unsure.

He'd be better here than Chelsea though as our style of defending is what suits him.

jairzinho

The clock is ticking and we need to make a decision on who its gonna be. But one thing we don't want is over spending, whoever it is.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think overspending is inevitable at this point in the window. We wasted too much time chasing TS.

Thes also the other situation where we get someone on the cheap as someone's desperate to sell and don't have enough time, but I can't think of an example anywhere.

Home of Barca Fans