David Luiz

Lucas_1993

Chelsea don't need to sell him, but Barca most definitely needs a top CB. That puts Chelsea in the advantageous negotiating position of being able to ask for him whatever they so desire. Even if Luiz himself has expressed interest in going to Barca, that still means nothing as long as the team is not willing to sell. Look at the Thiago Silva saga for clear proof of this.

This.

Bertus

NO, it dépends on the player. See Bale.

If a player goes for a complete clash, he wins 99.9999% of the time.

You can't compare TS with anyone else since he's part of the 0.0001% of players that NEVER clashs because he sees that as unprofessional.

Lucas_1993

You can't compare TS with anyone else since he's part of the 0.0001% of players that NEVER clashs because he sees that as unprofessional.

No, well I am sure Luiz will not come out and say he wants to leave. he is a loyal player but I don't think he will mind moving if Chelsea accept the bid, it is like that. Chelsea will not sell him for any less than £40m regardless of what Luiz says, fact!

Bertus

No, well I am sure Luiz will not come out and say he wants to leave. he is a loyal player but I don't think he will mind moving if Chelsea accept the bid, it is like that. Chelsea will not sell him for any less than £40m regardless of what Luiz says, fact!

Where did i say that he would mind moving? o_O

I didn't even talk about Luiz. I just said that when a player wants to move and plans to clash, usually he wins.

I already said many times that I don't see Luiz pulling a Bale.

IMO, Luiz is a bit like TS as far as being Professional goes. He'll do what his club asks him to, either to stay or leave.

And I pointed that pro players like TS are rare. Usually good players have big ego and force transfers if they wanna leave.

Last edited:

Lucas_1993

Where did i say that he would mind moving? o_O

I didn't even talk about Luiz. I just said that when a player wants to move and plan to clash, usually he wins.

I already said many times that I don't see Luiz pulling a Bale.

IMO, Luiz is a bit like TS as far as being Professional goes. He'll do what his club asks him to, either to stay or leave.

And I pointed that pro player like TS are rare. Usually good players have big ego and force transfers.

Fair enough but if Barca want him they should be prepared to break the bank almost or change their targets elsewhere.

KluivertsBoots

The PSG situation with TS and Chelsea's now are not comparable IMO. PSG is playing with funny money, and that was never going to be a realistic operation. They are paying TS a huge contract, and simply gave him a raise with an even bigger contract AND paid over 30 million to bring in an 18 year to study under him.

Chelsea would never make Luiz their highest paid player just to keep him. Mourinho doesn't rate him enough (barely played him before his minor tweak). If this deal gets done, it won't be for any more than 35m guaranteed.

Mayne

. Mourinho doesn't rate him enough (barely played him before his minor tweak).

He did not play many games because he took part in confederations cup, earning himself a longer vacation. He was available for 2 games this pre season and he took part in the first one then he got injured/"injured" for the 2nd game.

I

instinct

Lewandowski

Ursegor

World Champion
There is no way Mourinho would sell us a player whom he rates. Even less so managing a club like Chelsea where he doesn't even need the money. World class centerbacks don't grow on trees. If Mourinho would be happy with Cahill, Ivanovic and a massively declined Terry then it doesn't speak for Luiz. The guy is a € 25 million player at most.

Zebulun

There is no way Mourinho would sell us a player whom he rates. Even less so managing a club like Chelsea where he doesn't even need the money. World class centerbacks don't grow on trees. If Mourinho would be happy with Cahill, Ivanovic and a massively declined Terry then it doesn't speak for Luiz. The guy is a € 25 million player at most.

Thing is, he's a starter in Brazil NT, had a good confederations cup and seeing marquinhos go for 35 mil, it would be pure magic if we get this guy for anything less than 40 mil.

Tomchin

Has he already said something about Barca's interest in the past few weeks? I remember that MD contacted him during the conf-cup, but then his only answer was that he's focussed on the conf-cup.

Ursegor

World Champion
The Confeds Cup is a glorified friendly tournament, Brazil's advantage further amplified by the fact that the few European teams in it play it at the end of a long and tiring season and under unnormal heat and humidity conditions whereas the Brazilians are used to it. Frankly, playing for this Brazil NT means nothing. From Ronaldo and Rivaldo to Fred and Hulk. If you get blinded by that 1 off-the-line clearance from a Pedro backpass you'll be in for a surprise what a reckless and wild defender Luiz actually is. Why do you think Chelsea tried him as a DM last season? :lol:

spark

The Confeds Cup is a glorified friendly tournament, Brazil's advantage further amplified by the fact that the few European teams in it play it at the end of a long and tiring season and under unnormal heat and humidity conditions whereas the Brazilians are used to it. Frankly, playing for this Brazil NT means nothing. From Ronaldo and Rivaldo to Fred and Hulk. If you get blinded by that 1 off-the-line clearance from a Pedro backpass you'll be in for a surprise what a reckless and wild defender Luiz actually is. Why do you think Chelsea tried him as a DM last season? :lol:

You will warm to him and his fine hair just like with Reymar :neymar:

Home of Barca Fans