David Luiz

J

jiopi

David Luiz will soon, possibly on Monday, meet with Chelsea to explain his wish to join Barcelona. Barcelona made a first bid of 20+5M. [md]

Chelsea have rejected Barcelona's 40M bid for Brazilian centre back David Luiz and told them they shouldn't make a second bid. [daily mail]

:lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Why does barca does not try to sign mamadou sakho (PSG), he may leave as psg bought marquinhos. He is young, tall, great strenght. He will come cheap, why does barca signs big tickets every time later those players will fail and we will have to sell them for very less. They should sign some good guy who comes cheap. Spending another 50 is not good for the club, then there would be no difference between madrid and us.

Bertus

David Luiz will soon, possibly on Monday, meet with Chelsea to explain his wish to join Barcelona. Barcelona made a first bid of 20+5M. [md]

It'sd really like the TS case again.

According to the same kind of sources, TS cut off his holidays to meet with nasser because he wanted to force his trsanfer to Barcelona.

24h later, TS said it was a lie.

Not gonna trust a spanish newspaper again.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013

Chelsea have rejected Barcelona's 40M bid for Brazilian centre back David Luiz and told them they shouldn't make a second bid. [daily mail]

I believe the first.

I do not believe a word of what the Daily Fail prints.

Trickykid

Do any of you believe that agger is a perfect fit for barca, luiz suits the system more. Agger is old and injury prone. Hummels and Kompany are almost impossible signings. Even david luiz seems like impossible according to chelsea.

Oh please do tell why Luiz suits our system more than Agger?
Also, he's 28. That's not old for a defender. He's in his prime, which is pretty much what we need at the moment.

Trickykid

Luiz is versatile player, if puyol comes back from injury and if we want to play defensively we can play 3 cbs and luiz can bring in some surprise due to his attacking skills. Agger is a good player, he is not old and you say he is at prime. If that is his best level then why would you want him, he is injury prone and will not come cheap as both player and club are not willing to sell. if will take a huge amount to tempt him. Plus luiz likes to play possession football. we already have 3 brazilians so there will be no problem for settling in. Agger will be completely new to the system and players and the fact is he will not improve complete opposite of luiz.

Tata has made no indication that he would play a 3 CB line, and I can't see that changing.
I honestly don't get what you're talking about when you mention his age and best level?
Agger would fit this team like a glove. He's got good ball control, good distribution - both short and long range - he's good with his head and his tackles are tough and hard. Add to that a great sense of leadership and loyalty, and you've got the complete package.
The only downside of Agger would be his obvious proneness to injury, but he's just completed a PL season where he played just about every single match.
All in all, Agger is a better CB than Luiz currently is.

When all that is said, I still don't see Liverpool selling, and I know he'd never force his way out.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Tata has made no indication that he would play a 3 CB line, and I can't see that changing.
I honestly don't get what you're talking about when you mention his age and best level?
Agger would fit this team like a glove. He's got good ball control, good distribution - both short and long range - he's good with his head and his tackles are tough and hard. Add to that a great sense of leadership and loyalty, and you've got the complete package.
The only downside of Agger would be his obvious proneness to injury, but he's just completed a PL season where he played just about every single match.
All in all, Agger is a better CB than Luiz currently is.

When all that is said, I still don't see Liverpool selling, and I know he'd never force his way out.

Yeah, he is whole package and barca needs that i agree. But many players came like that and left, it concerns me that he may fail at barca. he is better than luiz defensively. But not a safe bet, who cares if liverpool willing to sell him barca should sign him. Personally i don't like both, they should prefer a young player and a less popular player.

Trickykid

Yeah, he is whole package and barca needs that i agree. But many players came like that and left, it concerns me that he may fail at barca. he is better than luiz defensively. But not a safe bet, who cares if liverpool willing to sell him barca should sign him. Personally i don't like both, they should prefer a young player and a less popular player.

Sure, many has failed, but I don't see why you'd have more concerns about Agger failing than Luiz - or just about any other CB really?
Who cares about Liverpool wanting to sell, you say? Are you kidding? Contrary to popular belief, the clubs have the last say in deals like this, where there's no buy-out clause. And as I said, Agger is not a man that would ever resort to forcing a move. His loyalty and respect for his current club is much, much too great for that to happen.

Trickykid

Yeah, maybe you are right. But i have doubt about agger adjusting to the barca play. He is defensively rock, but can he give support to attack as barca likes to attack. If he does and comes in a reasonable price then barca could sign him. But chances are very less

How much have you actually seen Agger play?
He's rock solid defensively, but also very adept at going forward. We have Pique for that, though, and I doubt we'll see both CB's charging forward, so even if he wasn't good at it, it really wouldn't matter at all.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Sure, many has failed, but I don't see why you'd have more concerns about Agger failing than Luiz - or just about any other CB really?
Who cares about Liverpool wanting to sell, you say? Are you kidding? Contrary to popular belief, the clubs have the last say in deals like this, where there's no buy-out clause. And as I said, Agger is not a man that would ever resort to forcing a move. His loyalty and respect for his current club is much, much too great for that to happen.
You took me wrong, i said if liverpool wants to sell him then we should definitely buy him.

Pete

Oh please do tell why Luiz suits our system more than Agger?
Also, he's 28. That's not old for a defender. He's in his prime, which is pretty much what we need at the moment.

I agree, Agger is world class and would prove a great signing, he is not old at all.

Home of Barca Fans