David Luiz

mixer

Is there a particular reason why so many Brazilian football-players are so religious (eg Neymar and Dani in our squad)? I read this on Luiz' wiki-page:

He is a devout Christian and has named Kaká as his role model.[42] He said: "My faith gives me the belief that I can go out and perform and improve as a player. It gives me strength and inspiration." He later added: "Everything in life belongs to God. Our purpose has already been mapped out."[43]
BKVeed7CYAAmlCJ.jpg:large

Jadentheman

Is there a particular reason why so many Brazilian football-players are so religious (eg Neymar and Dani in our squad)? I read this on Luiz' wiki-page:

He is a devout Christian and has named Kaká as his role model.[42] He said: "My faith gives me the belief that I can go out and perform and improve as a player. It gives me strength and inspiration." He later added: "Everything in life belongs to God. Our purpose has already been mapped out."[43]

Probably because christianism(catholic or other churches) is strong here. And because most players come from poorer families, where it's even stronger.

Flavia nailed it mostly. That and usually both South and North America are very religious for that reason. Most fairly poorer and uneducated area tend to grow the most religious. As long as there not the bad religious people we are good.

Not so much Europe except for Russia :p

Tomchin

As expected:

Mourinho (coach Chelsea): "Barcelona bidding for David Luiz? We don't want to lose our best players. No chance." [via guardian]
Mourinho (coach Chelsea): "It's lost time for Barça. My advice is to go to the second player on their list because they are wasting time."

Boris

So if we can't get neither of Agger or Luiz, who are we going to chase ? I hope this management has a good solution to this problem, or we will suffer again.

adil_909

So if we can't get neither of Agger or Luiz, who are we going to chase ? I hope this management has a good solution to this problem, or we will suffer again.

why the hell are we scouring low-quality players in europe? why don't we turn to south america for solutions? there are no quality CBs playing in brazil, argentina, chile, uruguay? i find that very hard to believe. hopefullly martino tells this useless administration to turn their attention elsewhere. neither agger nor luis are good enough to play for barcelona in my opinion, and barca is not a club that should settle.

Tomchin

why the hell are we scouring low-quality players in europe? why don't we turn to south america for solutions? there are no quality CBs playing in brazil, argentina, chile, uruguay? i find that very hard to believe. hopefullly martino tells this useless administration to turn their attention elsewhere. neither agger nor luis are good enough to play for barcelona in my opinion, and barca is not a club that should settle.
Who knows, maybe we'll end up signing Dede in the end?

Antimadridista1

I'm sure that we'll end with a CB... But I really don't think that it will be one of Luiz and Agger.
Vergini seems to be the last on the list and the only one we can afford ( I don't even want to think to those Rami, Mathieu and other bullshit talks).

If our management was smart, he'd have check in France where most promising young defenders are (Kurt Zouma...), or others like Koscielny, N'koulou (both excellent and the second one not that expensive), or Sakho (a little bit too slow but he's one year left contract and wants to leave because of Marquinhos/Alex/Silva).

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm sure that we'll end with a CB... But I really don't think that it will be one of Luiz and Agger.
Vergini seems to be the last on the list and the only one we can afford ( I don't even want to think to those Rami, Mathieu and other bullshit talks).

If our management was smart, he'd have check in France where most promising young defenders are (Kurt Zouma...), or others like Koscielny, N'koulou (both excellent and the second one not that expensive), or Sakho (a little bit too slow but he's one year left contract and wants to leave because of Marquinhos/Alex/Silva).

Vergini is a no go. He's gone and signed for Estudiantes.

Home of Barca Fans