David Luiz

Pete

Luiz is younger, but has a bad habit of leaving his centra defender partner exposed. That is why Benitz played him in midfield, because he is a huge risk in defence. Agger is a better ball player, and has great control over the ball and is a calm defender and better than Luiz. He was valued at more than £25m+ last season, when M.City wanted to sign him.

KluivertsBoots

I think Agger is a very good overall defender. Complete talent.

My biggest concern for him in Spain (and Barça's playing style) is his tendency to leave his feet on tackles. When playing a high line, this is not necessarily a trait you want in a CB. He can be reckless. He's got a bit of nasty streak, which isn't necessarily bad, but he'd need to exercise more control over himself. Spain officials would jump all over him.

Pete

I think Agger is a very good overall defender. Complete talent.

My biggest concern for him in Spain (and Barça's playing style) is his tendency to leave his feet on tackles. When playing a high line, this is not necessarily a trait you want in a CB. He can be reckless. He's got a bit of nasty streak, which isn't necessarily bad, but he'd need to exercise more control over himself. Spain officials would jump all over him.

He's an old school defender, rough and tough in challenges like Puyol. All defenders have habit of doing this, Luiz is worse. I think Pique and Agger would be a very very strong pairing.

D10S_JC

David Luiz is awesome player. Always shine in big game.

He just need a good coach to change his bad habits.

Icarium

Lifestealer
There are many possible center back signings other than luiz and agger, both are hard to sign. Barca should start considering more feasible options.

Trickykid

There are many possible center back signings other than luiz and agger, both are hard to sign. Barca should start considering more feasible options.

That I think we can all agree on. Problem is, this late in the transfer window, if you want quality, there really aren't many - if any - feasible options.
As I see it, there are two possible outcomes: either we get taken to the cleaners and overpay severely on someone we really want, or we end up with our 10-11th choice.

At this point, I have no doubt in mind about what I prefer: screw money, go for option 1, and be quick about it.

Tomchin

Is there a particular reason why so many Brazilian football-players are so religious (eg Neymar and Dani in our squad)? I read this on Luiz' wiki-page:

He is a devout Christian and has named Kaká as his role model.[42] He said: "My faith gives me the belief that I can go out and perform and improve as a player. It gives me strength and inspiration." He later added: "Everything in life belongs to God. Our purpose has already been mapped out."[43]

F

Flavia

Is there a particular reason why so many Brazilian football-players are so religious (eg Neymar and Dani in our squad)? I read this on Luiz' wiki-page:

He is a devout Christian and has named Kaká as his role model.[42] He said: "My faith gives me the belief that I can go out and perform and improve as a player. It gives me strength and inspiration." He later added: "Everything in life belongs to God. Our purpose has already been mapped out."[43]

Probably because christianism(catholic or other churches) is strong here. And because most players come from poorer families, where it's even stronger.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

It's all because of Kaka... His wife once said, it was God's doing to give such a huge amount of money to Real so they could sign him!! :p

Bertus

Lucas and TS at PSG are also ultra devouted christian.

It doesn't annoy me in any way. They can believe in what they want as long as they play like gods on the field :)

Last edited:

ceefoo

I takes a lot of faith to defend like he does. boom-boom clash! ;)

A

Athletic

I think in countries that have a lack of education faith is generally stronger

Home of Barca Fans