David Luiz

Bertus

or Sakho (a little bit too slow but he's one year left contract and wants to leave because of Marquinhos/Alex/Silva).

Sakho :lol:

Well, it was the drama yesterday.

Let me explain.

He was not chosen by Deschamps to be part of group France.

Dédé said that "sakho didn't play enough".

Well, OK, but he chose Abidal instead, who didn't play in a whole year!

Rumors say that Sakho wants to meet with Nasser and co. next week.

Deschamps is so full of sh** that it isn't even funny. And I'm not even fan of sakho.

TL DR: Sakho will ask to be transfered so you have a chance. But i warn you, he's crap.

spark

Given Rosell sent a ridiculous 32M offer for TS in early July, I tend to believe he tried 20M for real concerning Luiz.

You need to let it go. Just be thankfull you club has unlimited funds for now and can pay a defender more than 90 percent of the worlds best attackers.

JamDav1982

I'm sure that we'll end with a CB... But I really don't think that it will be one of Luiz and Agger.
Vergini seems to be the last on the list and the only one we can afford ( I don't even want to think to those Rami, Mathieu and other bullshit talks).

If our management was smart, he'd have check in France where most promising young defenders are (Kurt Zouma...), or others like Koscielny, N'koulou (both excellent and the second one not that expensive), or Sakho (a little bit too slow but he's one year left contract and wants to leave because of Marquinhos/Alex/Silva).

Mathieu is easily a better option than Vergini or the likes of Sakho.

None are the absolute answer but Mathieu would be a decent signing to improve the defence.

It just seems that people on here want world class defender - none of whom seem available or to gamble on some untested youngster.

Tomchin

He was not chosen by Deschamps to be part of group France.

Dédé said that "sakho didn't play enough".

Well, OK, but he chose Abidal instead, who didn't play in a whole year!

Rumors say that Sakho wants to meet with Nasser and co. next week.

Deschamps is so full of sh** that it isn't even funny. And I'm not even fan of sakho.
But Abidal played a lot in recent friendlies for Monaco (and he's even their captain), so I guess that's what Deschamps was referring to?

Bertus

You need to let it go. Just be thankfull you club has unlimited funds for now and can pay a defender more than 90 percent of the worlds best attackers.

Oh don't worry. I was not annoyed by rosell's behavior toward PSG, but by Rosell towards TS.

It's insulting. Almost everyone calls him the best CB in the world, and he dares offering 10 millions less than what it cost to PSG in 2012.

It's like going after Messi and trying to get him for 70 millions, and crying "oh well, they asked us to GTFO, we don't understand why".

Last edited:

Bertus

But Abidal played a lot in recent friendlies for Monaco (and he's even their captain), so I guess that's what Deschamps was referring to?

Nope, he pointed out how he didn't play enough even last year.

FYI he played as many matches as TS and Alex, around 30.

Abidal played some friendlies and what??? He came back from a grave illness. No way he could be fit at 100% like sakho. Every medias yesterday called Deschamps out on that because that logic is flawed to the root.

Deschamps is full of sh**. Don't defend him.

JamDav1982

Nope, he pointed out how he didn't play enough even last year.

FYI he played as many matches as TS and Alex, around 30.

Abidal played some friendlies and what??? He came back from a grave illness. No way he could be fit at 100% like sakho. Every medias yesterday called Deschamps out on that because that logic is flawed to the root.

Deschamps is full of sh**. Don't defend him.

He must be calling up Abidal to get a closer look at his fitness more than anything.

As for Sakho in the last two years he has put in some of the worst performances from a defender at a top team in europe. Nowhere near good enough for Barca even as a back up.

Bertus

As for Sakho in the last two years he has put in some of the worst performances from a defender at a top team in europe. Nowhere near good enough for Barca even as a back up.

I don't deny that. Still it's not logical since abidal is not fit to play an international match like that.

It's not the only wrong note here for Deschamps.

After the tourney in america, he said that some players really went too far, that they just made fun of him given their behaviors and mentality.

At the end of day, he picked again all the players he sacked instead of giving a chance to other fresh players. It makes no sense at all.

They really explained it very well tonight on RMC (french radio).

If you understand french: http://www.rmc.fr/emission-radio/podcast/lafterfoot-59/

Here the podcasts from tonight.

Last edited:

spark

Oh don't worry. I was not annoyed by rosell's behavior toward PSG, but by Rosell towards TS.

It's insulting. Almost everyone calls him the best CB in the world, and he dares offering 10 millions less than what it costs to PSG in 2012.

It's like going after Messi and trying to get him for 70 millions, and crying "oh well, they asked us to GTFO, we don't understand why".

Well they want established defenders without accepting the market has changed.How much would 24 year old Alves cost from Sevilla today ? Next they will head to Man City and bid for Kompany.

Jadentheman

Is there a particular reason why so many Brazilian football-players are so religious (eg Neymar and Dani in our squad)? I read this on Luiz' wiki-page:

He is a devout Christian and has named Kaká as his role model.[42] He said: "My faith gives me the belief that I can go out and perform and improve as a player. It gives me strength and inspiration." He later added: "Everything in life belongs to God. Our purpose has already been mapped out."[43]

Who knows, maybe we'll end up signing Dede in the end?

Dede just signed for Cruziero some months ago

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Honestly, we should just pay Inigo Martinez's buyout clause if nobody else can be had. Martinez-Bartra was a good cb pairing in the u21 Euro, so Martinez-Pique can only be better.

JamDav1982

Honestly, we should just pay Inigo Martinez's buyout clause if nobody else can be had. Martinez-Bartra was a good cb pairing in the u21 Euro, so Martinez-Pique can only be better.

No way he is not good enough for the price required, he should only be considered as a cheaper alternative to take a punt on.

Home of Barca Fans