David Luiz

Bertus

I agree that they have all the right to do it but if they do so, Rosell or whoever is in charge of the transfers should say.. kbye Chelsea and laugh at their 58M pricetag.
Our stupid management couldn't get T.Silva and now they want another brazilian centre back.. His obsession for Brazilians is killling us when there are players like Dede, Mangala, Agger, Subotic, N'Koulou. But wait what does our management want, they want a player that has the 'profile' to play for Fc Barcelona. FFS Just get a player that can defend.. and if anyone doesn't fit the so called FCB Profile it is this guy, David Luiz. He is a reckless chicken and makes tons of errors but he had a decent performance at the Confed Cup while playing next to T.Silva.. If we get D.Luiz it shouldn't be more than 30, tops 35 Million

Well, what I can say. I'm baffled Rosell waited this long to start to move in search of a CB.

It's like he was 100% sure he could get TS. But he should have had a B plan.

He should have made sure that he could sign another CB right after if trying to get TS fails.

Yet it was like "It was TS or nothing".

I'm baffled because usually you don't expect that kind of bad management from one of the best, if not the best club in the world.

Shegzy

They just look at the situation and see how Barca is desperate.

They have no reason to be nice to Barca. They are an opponent team in Europe.

All of that is the reason of the 58M.

Mourinho will not do any charity. Well not only mourinho, but any team where barca does try to buy a CB from.

That's why you should never wait the last second to get a transfer done when you really need it. You can't expect other teams to be nice and charitable to you.

i still believe if we offer 20m euros to marseile for nkoulou and 15m to schalke for the injured papoudopoulos the two club will accept it but the management only want premier league cb and most of this cb's were bought from other league to the premier league while can't we go to this places and get our own cb;madrid got varane from lens and see how he has developed.the french league is filled with cheap defensive talent,i don't know why we don't scout the league if we need defenders.

Stric

At this point, no club will sell a defender to Barca for less than the absolute max they can get. They know we have the money, and they know we're desperate.

Bertus

i still believe if we offer 20m euros to marseile for nkoulou and 15m to schalke for the injured papoudopoulos the two club will accept it but the management only want premier league cb and most of this cb's were bought from other league to the premier league while can't we go to this places and get our own cb;madrid got varane from lens and see how he has developed.the french league is filled with cheap defensive talent,i don't know why we don't scout the league if we need defenders.

Marseille already said 2 months ago that they would sell N'Koulou if somebody offered like 20M.

Yet no one one did.

So yeah you could. The boy has some fans here too who believe in him.

And Varane is a good example of great finding.

But remember that for one Varane, you have plenty of Young players that never proved anything.

Varane's case is like winning the lotto.

Shegzy

At this point, no club will sell a defender to Barca for less than the absolute max they can get. They know we have the money, and they know we're desperate.

that a lie,there are club that will sell without getting maximum amount;club that are desperately in need of money will sell.clubs in the french league are not hard to deal with,aubameyang(second highest goalscorer in ligue 1)went for 13m while callejon went for 12m,capoue is likely going for 12m while illaramendi went for 35m.most player in ligue 1 are sold according to their market value no matter the club interested.90% of player in ligue 1 apart from psg's and monaco's can be bought for max 20m,no matter how important they are to their club.

Galning

That could be misinterpreted... in fact, I may have misinterpreted it myself. :lol:

:lol: I know that's why I posted it. It's both a joke at our board + something I'd rather see happening than splashing 50M on a defender because "it's better than nothing".

Shegzy

that a lie,there are club that will sell without getting maximum amount;club that are desperately in need of money will sell.clubs in the french league are not hard to deal with,aubameyang(second highest goalscorer in ligue 1)went for 13m while callejon went for 12m,capoue is likely going for 12m while illaramendi went for 35m.most player in ligue 1 are sold according to their market value no matter the club interested.90% of player in ligue 1 apart from psg's and monaco's can be bought for max 20m,no matter how important they are to their club.and experienced player like luiz can also flop or become injury prone like milito.every transfer is a gamble be it experienced player or young prospect so which ever gamble a club wants to take they should pay the closest to the market value and not 100% more because if they do so and the player flops they would incur more loss and bagnack can also learn off nkoulou as they are both cameroonians and maybe form a partnership in the future for us and cameroon as pique and puyol formed for us and spain.

Indignado

What he surely means is that De Rossi even if he's not a true CB would do a better job than other targets he considers average CBs.

Yes, that's what I meant. They're either average CB's or unbelievably overpriced. De Rossi did well whenever he played in central defense.

Gohan

Super Saiyan

Nope, all it takes is the player to push the club for a transfer and it will happen.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Yes, that's what I meant. They're either average CB's or unbelievably overpriced. De Rossi did well whenever he played in central defense.

If we somehow manage to get De Rossi we are extremely lucky. This guy gives it all and is a warrior.

And he is the only guy I don't mind doing the DM > CB trick on.

Jadentheman

Because Barca doesn't have scouts at the top level. Just TV and Youtube

Stric

that a lie,there are club that will sell without getting maximum amount;club that are desperately in need of money will sell.clubs in the french league are not hard to deal with,aubameyang(second highest goalscorer in ligue 1)went for 13m while callejon went for 12m,capoue is likely going for 12m while illaramendi went for 35m.most player in ligue 1 are sold according to their market value no matter the club interested.90% of player in ligue 1 apart from psg's and monaco's can be bought for max 20m,no matter how important they are to their club.

Yes, except none of those clubs who are desperate for money have anything to offer FCB.

Nope, all it takes is the player to push the club for a transfer and it will happen.

The transfer fee still needs to be paid, so the player pushing for a transfer changes nothing except the sole possibility of him leaving. Even if, for example, Luiz pushes hard for a transfer, we're still not getting him for less than a ridiculous amount of money. Modrić pushed as hard as he could and RM still paid £33 million.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans