David Luiz

pepi

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Martino told the club not to pay excessive fees for David Luiz or Agger, as there are doubts on their adaptation to Barcelona's style. [lv]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/statuses/367957707443425280">August 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

L

Learo

Sounds worrying for Barcelona then.

Even more if they really switch target on Sakho.

I dont think it is worrying that our new coach sees the madness of paying a ridiculous amount of money for vastly overrated PL players.

If Bartra and Bagnack can grow and prosper under Tata, we might not need a CB.

Meitux

I dont think it is worrying that our new coach sees the madness of paying a ridiculous amount of money for vastly overrated PL players.

We talk about right now, not the future. Sure its madness paying so many money that Luiz will never be worthy of and personally he isn't in my options but.. Bartra needs to on loan and get big amount of minutes to improve himself and Bagnack has still a lot of way to go..

Bertus

It's worrying that Barca, as big as a club they are, can't even find a good CB to sign.

It's worrying that they waited so long.

It's worrying that after all their talk about the importance of signing a CB, they now try to bury their head in the sand that there's no problem and everything is ok.

L

Learo

We talk about right now, not the future. Sure its madness paying so many money that Luiz will never be worthy of and personally he isn't in my options but.. Bartra needs to on loan and get big amount of minutes to improve himself and Bagnack has still a lot of way to go..

Not really. Such madness transfers will only force our hand in any future transfers as well, pushing up the price on anyone we try to buy. Bartra will turn 23 this season while Bagnack is 18, an age where plenty of CBs have impressed. Considering we dont have scouts, I think it is better to focus on our present in-house players who know our system instead of making fools out of ourselves on the market.

L

Learo

It's worrying that Barca, as big as a club they are, can't even find a good CB to sign.

It's worrying that they waited so long.

It's worrying that after all their talk about the importance of signing a CB, they now try to bury their head in the sand that there's no problem and everything is ok.

But this is because we dont have scouts. Any club will have an incredibly hard time luring away players who already play at the richest and most high profile clubs in the world like we consistently try to do.

Bartra impressed more than 30m euro valued Inigo Martinez in the u-21 euros. Thats at least some comfort and could prove a harbinger of something great under the right management of Tata Martino.

Bertus

But this is because we dont have scouts. Any club will have an incredibly hard time luring away players who already play at the richest and most high profile clubs in the world like we consistently try to do.

Bartra impressed more than 30m euro valued Inigo Martinez in the u-21 euros. Thats at least some comfort and could prove a harbinger of something great under the right management of Tata Martino.

It's been years that Barca needs scouts.

What i meant is that it is worrying that even now, they don't seem to care.

I kind of agree with you that 50M and upwards is too much, yeah.

But it's good to have that mentality when you try to scout probable Young diamonds. See Varane at Madrid.

But it's no good to say that when you have no scouts.

I just hope that Barcelona will learn lessons from this disaster and buy new scouts.

F

Flavia

There are scouts. They suggested Subotic, Hummels and I forgot the other name. But it seems there is a trust problem among the scouts and zubi. After chigrinsky, henrique, keirrison and other failed transfers.

Meitux

Not really. Such madness transfers will only force our hand in any future transfers as well, pushing up the price on anyone we try to buy. Bartra will turn 23 this season while Bagnack is 18, an age where plenty of CBs have impressed. Considering we dont have scouts, I think it is better to focus on our present in-house players who know our system instead of making fools out of ourselves on the market.
They are not ready to carry our defensive problems, judging of how big are they. We don't have someone reliable for the defence to give them time there. We better get a youngster with high potential who had a regular season rather than players like Bartra who has been used for rotation and is unstable yet and Bagnack that needs time to improve to be ready for it..

Bertus

There are scouts. They suggested Subotic, Hummels and I forgot the other name. But it seems there is a trust problem among the scouts and zubi. After chigrinsky, henrique, keirrison and other failed transfers.

Then fire the current scouts and buy new ones.

Or fire Zubi.

That situation can't continue. If i follow what you said, then everyone is twiling their thumbs waiting. :(

L

Learo

I dont think real scouts would suggest players playing the final in the 2013 CL. Thats not real "scouting". A billlion people watched the CL final.

I dont think we can blame the scouts for the madness of 2009. Zubi was appointed sporting director in 2010, which was after the transfer madness of Chyg, Keirrison, Ibra etc. Chyg was the obsession of Pep in the crazy summer of 2009 when he was given free reign after the treble season to get rid of Eto for a fire sale price and get Chyg and Ibra for 100m euros, while the two Brazilians who Pep didnt want or rate, but nevertheless rammed through by Txiki was probably because Txiki wanted to pocket some serious money on the side. No other way to explain such insanity.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Subotić, Hummels and probably even the one you can't remember are all sponsored by Adidas(Koscielny I would add, as we were linked with him too)... So just forget Rosell even considering them!!

Home of Barca Fans