David Luiz

Bertus

Nope, all it takes is the player to push the club for a transfer and it will happen.
It seems it doesn't work out that much so far with Luiz tho.

Pushing doesn't work everytime tho. This transfer window is strange this year.

We have rooney, Suarez, Lewandowski, Bale.

They all want to leave. Some are pushing it a lot. Yet we're near the end of it and none of them is happening for now.

And you have cases like with Luiz in which the players don't seem to push anything at all.

JusTicE_

A Gem Like No Other
David Luiz (Chelsea): "Barça? I'm with Brazil now, and I only talk about that. You can ask what you want, I won't say anything."

Bertus

David Luiz (Chelsea): "Barça? I'm with Brazil now, and I only talk about that. You can ask what you want, I won't say anything."

Seems that the usual Luiz to me.

I still thinks he will never clash with his club.

Either they accept to let him go, or he will not push it more than that if Chelsea refuses.

Bertus

He could have said I love Chelsea and I'm not going anywhere , etc etc but didn't . Come on Barca make your move.

If he wanted to clash because he wants to join Barcelona so much that he can't take it anymore, he would have talked more.

See, it works both way.

The dude is like TS last year when he was in Milan. He can't reply because his agent is dealing with the club.

He's, imo, not the kind to clash with his club, so of course he won't talk to the medias.

mixer

David Luiz' agent has told Chelsea that the player wants to join Barcelona. Chelsea want 50M, Barcelona won't offer more than 35M. [md]

i_bleed_blaugrana

So I actually like this news bc it shows we do have some negotiating room. I'd say we should offer €40 up front and pay the other 10 in performance variables (certain % of clean sheets, # of starts etc.). That's the only deal we should return with as our final offer. It's enough money up front to make them consider it, and TS left Milan for 42 at 27, Luiz is 26 right now and he has the potential to be as dominant as TS. Based on the market, it's a fair offer bc honestly €25 million wasn't even close.

I'm pretty skeptical of us making a deal tho. It sounds as if Tata is happy with the squad right now, and isn't pushing for a move. This leads me to believe that he knows something we don't: either a) he likes what he sees from Bagnack/Bartra and thinks he can develop them or B) he thinks our offense is strong enough to simply overwhelm teams.

This is going to be an interesting season.

Galning

50M is too much for Luiz. Just because P$G splash the cash in insane deals doesn't mean it should become the standard. When was the last time another team spent 50M on a defender?

Stric

50M is too much for Luiz. Just because P$G splash the cash in insane deals doesn't mean it should become the standard.

It shouldn't, but it will. Clubs like that screw up the market for everybody else. Once they start paying such amounts of money, nobody else has a shot.

i_bleed_blaugrana

50M is too much for Luiz. Just because P$G splash the cash in insane deals doesn't mean it should become the standard. When was the last time another team spent 50M on a defender?

I totally agree, but this is the inflation that runs when you have people like P$G and Monaco. We need a CB so badly that we honestly don't have a choice but to splash the cash in this instance

CatalinR10

Mourinho: "David Luiz told the club of his desire to join Barca? I don't know if he said that. What I can say is that he is not going to."

Mourinho (coach Chelsea): "No chance David Luiz is going to leave. He is a player we want to keep. He just signed a contract last year" [bt]

Home of Barca Fans