David Luiz

I

instinct

Regarding La Masia and the massive amount of freakin' talent there, you cannot suggest that there aren't good scouts here in Barca. I agree with Flavia there. I think that Zubi doesn't want to risk anything. One the one hand, I can understand him but regarding our massive issues in the defence, we have to risk something but it seems that Zubi is not the character for doing that.

L

Learo

Subotić, Hummels and probably even the one you can't remember are all sponsored by Adidas(Koscielny I would add, as we were linked with him too)... So just forget Rosell even considering them!!

Real scouting involves buying players playing for mid table teams in the 19-25 age bracket. Our targets on the other hand is a who's who list of players in the latter stages of their careers playing for top 20 rich list clubs.

L

Learo

Regarding La Masia and the massive amount of freakin' talent there, you cannot suggest that there aren't good scouts here in Barca. I agree with Flavia there. I think that Zubi doesn't want to risk anything. One the one hand, I can understand him but regarding our massive issues in the defence, we have to risk something but it seems that Zubi is not the character for doing that.

Nobody said there arent fantastic scouts in Barca (although most of the work is development, as a huge percentage of La Masia kids are local Catalans, a nation of only 6 million people which could compete head on with some of the best NTs because of Barca's youth system).

But these scouts are not in charge of first team scouting. Either our first team scouts are completely incompetent, or the management is using the club's resources to pocket money for themselves. I dont buy the idea of "stupidity" as a plausible explanation for the madness going on.

F

Flavia

I dont think real scouts would suggest players playing the final in the 2013 CL. Thats not real "scouting". A billlion people watched the CL final.

I dont think we can blame the scouts for the madness of 2009. Zubi was appointed sporting director in 2010, which was after the transfer madness of Chyg, Keirrison, Ibra etc. Chyg was the obsession of Pep in the crazy summer of 2009 when he was given free reign after the treble season to get rid of Eto for a fire sale price and get Chyg and Ibra for 100m euros, while the two Brazilians who Pep didnt want or rate, but nevertheless rammed through by Txiki was probably because Txiki wanted to pocket some serious money on the side. No other way to explain such insanity.

I know. And if those were the only names, the scouting is bad. Either that or zubi and co don't trust them with the unknown names they might have proposed.

mixer

David Luiz wants to join Barcelona, but, out of respect for Chelsea, he awaits a deal between the clubs without putting any pressure. [md]

the same bullsh*t as with TS

Meitux

With the exception that neither Thiago Silva or Luiz said they are desperate of coming. Both of them would come if the circumstances for a transfer were good. But you can't expect really anyone pushing for a transfer the current moment..

Shegzy

I dont think it is worrying that our new coach sees the madness of paying a ridiculous amount of money for vastly overrated PL players.

If Bartra and Bagnack can grow and prosper under Tata, we might not need a CB.

bagnack is not yet a regular with the b team,he will need another 2 years atleast before he is promoted by then puyol will have retired and mascherano sold.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Real scouting involves buying players playing for mid table teams in the 19-25 age bracket. Our targets on the other hand is a who's who list of players in the latter stages of their careers playing for top 20 rich list clubs.
Yeah. Only, we don't have real scouts. Even if we did, we have a miser for president who wouldn't look past players sponsored by Nike!!

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barca does have a good scouting department IMO, the problem is it is too localized and too specialized. They are great at finding local Spanish talent, and mostly at relatively young ages.

However they need to diversify more and extend their range towards the rest of Europe, particularly Netherlands, Portugal, and Germany, as well as more towards Africa and South America. They also needs to get people that can better evaluate players who are no longer youth, but are still young and starting to ascend.

Just like they contributed to Eto'o's footbal academy in Africa, they should use their Argentine and Brazilian players to foster opening academies in these countries.

CatalinR10

Mourinho (coach Chelsea): "We are being very honest by saying there is no chance David Luiz is leaving." #fcblive [@chelseafc]

Oh well...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Referring to the scouting posts our defender scouting is done on FIFA career mode search. We put the conditions "position.. Central midfield" "max pace 50" and "max heading 50"

Home of Barca Fans