David Luiz

Stric

I think overspending is inevitable at this point in the window. We wasted too much time chasing TS.

Thes also the other situation where we get someone on the cheap as someone's desperate to sell and don't have enough time, but I can't think of an example anywhere.

True. At this point everyone knows we're desperate for a CB, so they're gonna milk every possible penny from FCB.

Skdiskis

It will be great if we'll buy this guy. I think that David will be a great purchase for us. And other side of this transfer is that Primera will start after half a month. We don't have a time so we have to buy he or buy something! And soon

Trickykid

I see quite a few posters in here praising Mangala, so I suppose someone must be following Porto extensively, which I can't exactly say I do myself. What kind of player is he?

Jenks

It's gonna happen my fellow cules. :smiley_scared: I am already bracing myself for the bad news.

I can just sense that we are going to sign Luiz for 40m. And Mou will be laughing all the way to Brazil, where he'll sign Doria on the cheap and turn him into the next superstar defender, and then once Luiz fails miserably at Barca, we'll go and sign him for 40m. :slap:

It's gonna happen. :(

He knows he won't need to buy anyone. He already has Aké and Chlobah who are both only 18 and could be starting for Chelsea already if need be.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Will never understand why this guys always gets so much flack here. People act like he is automatically doomed to fail at Barça when actually we are probably the club that is best suited to his style.

We already know he's got the technique and physical attributes necessary: over 6 foot and actually effective in the air (looking at you :pique:), decent speed, strong in the tackle and I actually think for what he brings to the table would complement Piqué nicely.

His only deficiencies are his positioning and his decision making. He always looked out of place at Chelsea due to how offensive and aggressive he is but he will look much more at ease here. His positioning will improve over time as he gets used to playing with Piqué. Those two could run a high-line pretty well imo based on how far up the pitch they play. With the pressing reestablished, they should be able to get away with a lot more.

I actually could see Agger or Kompany flopping a lot more than Luiz.

As long as him and Piqué have time gel and get some rhythm, I think he would be a great signing and is probably the most likely to actually happen with all of the CBs we have been linked to.

Still am baffled at why went all out on TS when Marquinhos was sitting there, waiting to be picked up...:facepalm:

The_professor

Will never understand why this guys always gets so much flack here. People act like he is automatically doomed to fail at Barça when actually we are probably the club that is best suited to his style.

We already know he's got the technique and physical attributes necessary: over 6 foot and actually effective in the air (looking at you :pique:), decent speed, strong in the tackle and I actually think for what he brings to the table would complement Piqué nicely.

His only deficiencies are his positioning and his decision making. He always looked out of place at Chelsea due to how offensive and aggressive he is but he will look much more at ease here. His positioning will improve over time as he gets used to playing with Piqué. Those two could run a high-line pretty well imo based on how far up the pitch they play. With the pressing reestablished, they should be able to get away with a lot more.

As long as him and Piqué have time gel and get some rhythm, I think he would be a great signing and is probably the most likely to actually happen with all of the CBs we have been linked to.

Still am baffled at why went all out on TS when Marquinhos was sitting there, waiting to be picked up...:facepalm:

Agree with everything. What worries me is how aggressive he is. He concedes a lot of penalties too, and with a pro diver like cristina, that might be an issue

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Agree with everything, besides signing Marquinhos. It was a risk imo, Marquinhos could turn out a superstar or fail. From the games I watched with him he sure had lots of potential, but still.

The_professor

Agree with everything, besides signing Marquinhos. It was a risk imo, Marquinhos could turn out a superstar or fail. From the games I watched with him he sure had lots of potential, but still.

Unfortunately, he has bigger chances to succeed in a team that already has a strong defense, where he will learn from TS, than to succeed in a team where he would be the man right away, with all the pressure, and playing alongside Pique :(

ceefoo

His only deficiencies are his positioning and his decision making.
:rofl1: It's only about the most important aspect of defending. That's like saying: "He's a great striker, but he was born offside and couldn't hit a barn door". :wacko:

He does have excellent physical attributes and technique, I am not disputing this. But his tackling is often reckless, his performances are too capricious to be a reliable defender and quite simply put, he is a frustrated attacking midfielder posing as a Centre-Back.

I really suggest that if you can find any full games of him, just watch him. Try studying his movement, how he communicates with the back-line and what actually does when defending. The mistakes he makes will become obvious.

Don't take my criticism of Luiz as hate. He has traits I do admire. I like his personality and think he is a character, which is why the Chel$ki fans have taken to him. And he puts his body on the line as proven in the Confederations Cup when he broke his nose, and carried on playing.

Jadentheman

Don't take my criticism of Luiz as hate. He has traits I do admire. I like his personality and think he is a character, which is why the Chel$ki fans have taken to him. And he puts his body on the line as proven in the Confederations Cup when he broke his nose, and carried on playing.

Puyol likes this stuff. He will like this man.Let Luiz be mentored by him and all will go well in due time.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Why would Chelsea even sell? They have few reliable CB's to begin with, what's the point of losing one of their most often played ones?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Because apparently Moaninho doesn't rate him. But yeah Chelsea isn't a for sale club and the fans would be angry

Even if Mourinho doesn't rate him, he isn't stupid enough to further weaken one of Chelsea's thinnest squad areas after unnecessarily overloading another (midfield)

Home of Barca Fans