David Villa

ammarfcb

ze special one
tumblr_mjkm1ssogS1qm7mjso1_400.gif

BerkeleyBernie

The emotion he showed was incredible. I hope he see's out his contract.

Messi as a false 9 is essentially a second striker with no on directly in front. Allowing Villa to go on front and playing say Pedro/Sanchez on one wing and allowing Alba to essntially play as a winger, or Alves on the other side alternatively could give Messi the space he needs.

That's exactly what some of us have been suggesting, and from my crappy internet feed, that appeared to be the tactics today.

Jelboo

What a celebration! So much emotion! I have so much love for him right now. Please stay with us, David, you are such an asset to the team.

Although I think it's unlikely, I'd LOVE to see Villa stay. And play regularly, as our starting LW. :wub:

I don't really see a reason for him to leave if management give him enough playing time (after tonight, I really hope they do). He's getting a little old and will need to be replaced eventually, but I can easily see him being able to play well for at least another season or two.

I didn't like the Villa -> Sanchez sub at first (I still think it should have been Pedro), but Sanchez did justify his coming on with that goal he should have gotten, as well as his assist.

Last edited:

Juan03

Seeing Villa in the starting lineup was music to my ears, i knew he would have an impact in this game as is usual in important games. :worthy: :villa:

BXI Fútbol

I think he'll start all our CL matches and get a lot more playing time in La Liga now. Really glad he got his goal today, such a classic Villa finish.

Home of Barca Fans