David Villa

barcanuck

The technique on this shot is world class!

fa7a5_2844e_130312212111-david-villa-horizontal-gallery.jpg

ShandyFFM

Not in he game but still a beast in front of goal... Thats what barca was missing all the time no one other has this mentality he has.. Hes a pure striker.. What a shot with his weaker left foot...insane

Scottro

We all know that Villa has been out scoring everyone on team minus Messi all season despite getting few minutes. What I did not realize was how much Messi was scoring with Villa on the field. It works out to an average of over 2.1 goals per game when they start together.

When David Villa starts with Messi, Messi is averaging 2.14 goals per game. It is 15 goals in 7 games! Not to mention that Villa is scoring almost every 90 minutes played this season. During the game you could often see Villa up high flirting with being in the offside position, and occupying defenders that now could not focus on Messi because of Villa's threating movement up top.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
This legend. To think someone called pedro our only natural finisher outside of messi. Left foot? dont care, just curve it like nothing.

That someone was Pep, but when it was actually true, or near true. Pedro was a deadly finisher, but these days his finishing is mediocre, there was moments when he would hit it straight at the goalkeeper every time he had a chance in the past 2 seasons. Messi and Villa are and have been (for me) our top two finishers.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Who's better: Villa or Eto'o in his prime?

Unfair question, IMO...Both were amazing in their prime...I always felt David arrived a year too late for us, he would've made the difference against teams like Inter...He was the best replacement for Samu but Eto'O was a physical specimen and could play anywhere in that trident...I think Villa is as dangerous as ever but he lost his pace quicker than Samu

Y

Youngie

As much as i love Villa it has to be Eto'o

Unfair question, IMO...Both were amazing in their prime...I always felt David arrived a year too late for us, he would've made the difference against teams like Inter...He was the best replacement for Samu but Eto'O was a physical specimen and could play anywhere in that trident...I think Villa is as dangerous as ever but he lost his pace quicker than Samu

I have a hard time making my mind up. I guess most would stick pick Eto'o

Home of Barca Fans