David Villa

Irish_Cules

well as it seems he is,and its the hard truth...would villa of the past missed any of those chances? but then again he surely wouldnt be the same after the injury...

He could have. Even though he was excellent for us in his first season he had a massive goal drought where he missed chances like that. Personally I do think he is declining but hes still a very good player. He should move on to a new club for his own sake though. Anyway, that's beside the point. I'm just saying that people change their opinions drastically within the space of a week or two.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He had a horrible game, but don't be so quick to draw conclusions.

Everyone said Villa will never get any playing time around January, yet he's well in Tito's plans right now.

Everyone said Alexis was the shittiest player in the world, yet look at him now consistently scoring and on form.

My point is that you shouldn't conclude that Villa is completely finished after one game or a small run of bad form.

Cule4life

The Culest

Everyone said Villa will never get any playing time around January, yet he's well in Tito's plans right now.

Everyone said Alexis was the shittiest player in the world, yet look at him now consistently scoring and on form.

My point is that you shouldn't conclude that Villa is completely finished after one game or a small run of bad form.

Agree i myself said previously that Alexis was better than Pedro even when he was missing chance after chance. But Villa will definitely be the first player to be sold next season as he's old.

F

Flavia

Those misses. It seemed to be on purpose, at one point :pep:

Glad he scored before coming out. And he does look unsettled.

LeoMessi10

He could have. Even though he was excellent for us in his first season he had a massive goal drought where he missed chances like that. Personally I do think he is declining but hes still a very good player. He should move on to a new club for his own sake though. Anyway, that's beside the point. I'm just saying that people change their opinions drastically within the space of a week or two.
100% correct. Although he definitely should have converted more chances some luck is involved in that. With that being said though if we could sell him to Arsenal or Liverpool for 15m or so I'd say he'd get to be a star there and I would happy for him.

Cule4life

The Culest
Tbf he was unlucky when the keeper saved his shot from Tello's cross. He was trying to put the ball at the near post as the goalkeeper was going to the far post.
But the one he blazed over was unforgivable.

Meitux

its been 2 games scoring and you say alexis is a consistent scorer? :rolleyes:

Cule4life

The Culest

You post about people having wild opinion swings and you end up saying that Alexis is consistently scoring after he scores in 2 games? :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You post about people having wild opinion swings and you end up saying that Alexis is consistently scoring after he scores in 2 games? :lol:

In the past 2 months he's been on form and while not scoring at Messi levels, he's been scoring or creating consistently.

2 goals and 2 assists vs Mallorca

Then consecutive assists vs Zaragoza and Levante

Goal vs Athletic

Goal and assist vs Betis

And he's been linking up very well overall

Garrus

I remember 'DonAndres' strongly criticizing alexis months ago, The fact he changed his mind now, Shows that's he's honest and not afraid to admit the truth, I can't say the same thing for you.

Home of Barca Fans