David Villa

Maria

Also, when did I say Pedro shouldn't play more than Villa? can you quote that from any of my replies please? or are you guessing that as well from my words? like everything else?

The thing is that even tho barca plays with 3 attackers, the rotation is usually done with 2 of them only because of Messi (and Pedro has played 18 matches out of 20, and has been substituted like in 3 matches only, so he has become pretty much like Messi as well even tho he has 2 goals in 18 matches only) leaving like 3 - 4 strikers for a single spot, which is dumb, considering the fact that one of them is a world class player that costs like 6.6m / year aka Villa and the other one is "Alexis" that also earns like 6m year.

"so he has become pretty much like Messi as well even tho he has 2 goals in 18 matches only"

Hey I'm just guessing now, but it looks like you're not happy with the min played by Pedro because he only scored 2goals(completely ignoring his no. of assists, his hard work or the fact that he's a winger)..and if something remains clear is that Alexis can't possibly have a salary of 6M(with him being on the 3rd salary scale and all that) so maybe, just maybe you shouldn't acuse someone of inventing numbers when you are doing the same thing.

Damn Villa out for levante away... Hope tito starts with tello rather than iniesta and cesc next to xavi.

What has Messi done to Villa?

Last edited:
J

jtmx12

Again, you keep guessing. Just look all the posts I've made in Pedro's topic, I love that guy. However, what I was trying to point out is that Pedro this season has been pretty much like Messi: impossible to bench, and even tho he's great, he isn't Messi. It's already hard to deal with the fact that Messi is "special" and gets a "special" treatment every time. Making Pedro special and having 4 strikers for a single spot because we have "2 special" strikers that can't be benched isn't fair at all.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

What has Messi done to Villa?

Apparently , Messi waited with Pinto untill Villa was all alone at the showers and ambushed him. Messi told Villa ,, the tv-cameras can't save you now" and then he told Pinto to hit Villa in the ankle as a final warning saying that if he doesn't leave in the next transfer period it will be much worse for him.

7nTnr.png

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Apparently , Messi waited with Pinto untill Villa was all alone at the showers and ambushed him. Messi told Villa ,, the tv-cameras can't save you now" and then he told Pinto to hit Villa in the ankle as a final warning saying that if he doesn't leave in the next transfer period it will be much worse for him.

7nTnr.png

I also heard Tito was watching all the time, as he is allegedly the master mind behind the whole plan... :tito:

Vapor

Again, you keep guessing. Just look all the posts I've made in Pedro's topic, I love that guy. However, what I was trying to point out is that Pedro this season has been pretty much like Messi: impossible to bench, and even tho he's great, he isn't Messi. It's already hard to deal with the fact that Messi is "special" and gets a "special" treatment every time. Making Pedro special and having 4 strikers for a single spot because we have "2 special" strikers that can't be benched isn't fair at all.
Messi only gets special treatment because he is far and away the best player in the team and the most creative attacker. He doesn't get "special treatment", they just play him all the time, as they obviously should. Would you rather have us play with a front of 3 of Pedro, Villa and Tello or something? Messi is by far the most effective right where he is, in the false 9 in the middle. Everyone works around that because that way we have the best chance of winning. Messi can't be benched, that is fair.

Pedro has been benched this season, what are you talking about? Though I know what you mean, he does get a lot of playing time. That I don't understand as much, it would be better rotating other forwards with him more often. But Messi is irreplaceable, you should understand and accept that by now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And he was bound to start the match tomorrow vs. Levante after missing Spartak's game. Bad luck for Villa.

89Norcal

Messi only gets special treatment because he is far and away the best player in the team and the most creative attacker. He doesn't get "special treatment", they just play him all the time, as they obviously should. Would you rather have us play with a front of 3 of Pedro, Villa and Tello or something? Messi is by far the most effective right where he is, in the false 9 in the middle. Everyone works around that because that way we have the best chance of winning. Messi can't be benched, that is fair.

Pedro has been benched this season, what are you talking about? Though I know what you mean, he does get a lot of playing time. That I don't understand as much, it would be better rotating other forwards with him more often. But Messi is irreplaceable, you should understand and accept that by now.

I'm not sure what jtmx is suggesting with the Messi is special thing...I guess he wants Tito to bench Leo for not already breaking Muller's record weeks ago.

E

estranged

Tito said that those ankle pains started in Moscow and that's why he didn't get any minute there.

GTFO. It's all bullshit, it's all a part of a massive conspiracy to get rid of Villa, as we've all been saying. I mean, what other excuse can you have for not starting a 31 year old striker coming back from a career threatening injury who had ankle pains on a frozen pitch in Moscow???? :angry:

Theconomist

You guys don't understand the Villa project.
I've retained myself from posting but I feel I need to clear it up once and for all.
Villa was bought for two reasons:

to increase the number of players representing Barca at the 2010 world cup
to weaken Valencia and thus keep Barca and Madrid as the only two football powers in Spain who share the money pool

Messi is also the anti-christ and Villa is the reincarnation of Jesus.

Or something.

I don't know.

Seriously just let the professionals handle Villa, they'll play him when they judge it right and they'll sell him likewise.

J

jtmx12

Messi only gets special treatment because he is far and away the best player in the team and the most creative attacker.

I'm not complaining at all that Messi gets "special treatment" because as you say he's the best.

Would you rather have us play with a front of 3 of Pedro, Villa and Tello.

What's wrong with that front line? Because there's no Messi in it, we'll automatically lose or what? would I prefer that attack front in an easy game where Messi is not needed and it would be best to bench him to rest him for an important match? Yes.

But Messi is irreplaceable, you should understand and accept that by now.

Once again, where am I complaining? all I was pointing out is that Pedro isn't "special" like Messi so he should enter in the rotation as well. Like I've said earlier, you can look at my posts in Pedro's topic, I love him, but every time there's a change I know he's not leaving, just like Messi. Like I've said before, a single spot for "4 strikers" (Tello, Cuena, Alexis, Villa) isn't fair at all. That's all I'm trying to point out.

I guess he wants Tito to bench Leo for not already breaking Muller's record weeks ago.
Again, look at my posts in Messi's topic. I've said it more than twice that it would be pretty cool if he can beat Muller's record.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans