David Villa

Ursegor

World Champion
Balotelli and Dzeko will be shipped off sooner rather than later. That leaves Aguero and Tevez. Surely Villa could enter a rotation with them or perhaps even be deployed as a part of a three man attack. I don't take much notice of rumours like this, but Villa at City doesn't seem that far out to me.

When Pep takes over next season he could play a Villa-Agüero-Silva frontline (offload the troublemakers Tevez and Balotelli, keep Dzeko as a "plan B" targetman). Closest thing you'll get to Villa-Messi-Iniesta in terms of style. Just needs a competent central playmaker (I think I've heard Xavi is getting old and is only playing it safe nowadays and Cesc should take over?) to play alongside Yaya and they are ready to dominate. :pep:

Trickykid

When Pep takes over next season he could play a Villa-Agüero-Silva frontline (offload the troublemakers Tevez and Balotelli, keep Dzeko as a "plan B" targetman). Closest thing you'll get to Villa-Messi-Iniesta in terms of style. Just needs a competent central playmaker (I think I've heard Xavi is getting old and is only playing it safe nowadays and Cesc should take over?) to play alongside Yaya and they are ready to dominate. :pep:

Stop talking like Pep to City is a done deal, you God damn heretic!

He will coach our b-team and hold tea parties with Tito on his patio until the end of days!

Ursegor

World Champion
Stop talking like Pep to City is a done deal, you God damn heretic!

He will coach our b-team and hold tea parties with Tito on his patio until the end of days!

I'm not sure if Pep could manage Barca B. He wouldn't have Messi, Xavi and Iniesta there. I think he must prove himself at another club first before we should let him coach Barca B. :pep:

Trickykid

I'm not sure if Pep could manage Barca B. He wouldn't have Messi, Xavi and Iniesta there. I think he must prove himself at another club first before we should let him coach Barca B. :pep:

You're probably right. If he doesn't go to England he'll be forever a failure.

sabby

He didn't have Xavi, Messi, Iniesta when he coached Barca B team and got them from third league to segunda league :pep:

J

jtmx12

The thing is that even tho barca plays with 3 attackers, the rotation is usually done with 2 of them only because of Messi (and Pedro has played 18 matches out of 20, and has been substituted like in 3 matches only, so he has become pretty much like Messi as well even tho he has 2 goals in 18 matches only) leaving like 3 - 4 strikers for a single spot, which is dumb, considering the fact that one of them is a world class player that costs like 6.6m / year aka Villa and the other one is "Alexis" that also earns like 6m year.

So yeah, any team that has 3 attackers where they all can rotate (none is "Messi") is a lot better for Villa than this. I'm up for him moving to another team with Pep if possible. His last years will be used more wisely if that happens.

:party1: :pep: :party1:

Last edited:

Maria

Why would city want to get rid of Dzeko? He accepts his role, has a scoring rate of 0.4 goals/game(equal with that of Villa at Barca) and he's young.
If City needs to strengthen an area that area is the midfield. And if Pep will be their coach, I would expect an offer for Thiago, Cesc or Busi. Besides, didn't Pep left because Rosell refused to sell Villa and Dani? :pep:

@jtmx12
could you please name a source for the salaries you posted? Because as far as I know Villa earns as much as Xavi and Iniesta, while Alexis earns as much as Pedro. So if its one thing for which a Villa fanboy shouldn't cry about, that thing is the salary.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Why would city want to get rid of Dzeko? He accepts his role, has a scoring rate of 0.4 goals/game(equal with that of Villa at Barca) and he's young.
If City needs to strengthen an area that area is the midfield. And if Pep will be their coach, I would expect an offer for Thiago, Cesc or Busi. Besides, didn't Pep left because Rosell refused to sell Villa and Dani? :pep:

Dzeko isn't happy with his situation as a sub. Mancini said that himself after the 2-1 win over Tottenham I believe. So what you're saying about him accepting his role obviously isn't true.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I get the sense speculation is going to intensify through the winter window on whether Villa remains with the club

J

jtmx12

@jtmx12
could you please name a source for the salaries you posted? Because as far as I know Villa earns as much as Xavi and Iniesta, while Alexis earns as much as Pedro. So if its one thing for which a Villa fanboy shouldn't cry about, that thing is the salary.

First, why would I cry about the salaries? I don't really get your reply at all. Now, I had no idea, just guessed them ("hence the word [like] next to the salary") based on the fact that I knew Villa won more money, but now that you ask me, just type "Alexis Sanchez Salary" in google and you will see 5.8m (and I said 6m so I was close), and then type "David Villa Salary" and you will see Villa gets 7M (I said 6.6m, so I was close once again). That's a lot of money, considering there's a single spot for those 4 strikers (Alexis, Villa, Tello, Cuenca, which includes Cesc because for Tito it's a must to always make a room for him [like last game and there was another one where he tried to get him in the starting line up as well, but it didn't work because our defense was crappy without Busquets as a midfielder, and he had to change him quickly (don't remember which game tho)])

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans