David Villa

P

PhilS

Villa should take the free kicks from the left side of the field, replacing Xavi. And he should take all the penalties.

Villa is looking fantastic. But Iniesta has been spectacular recently at left forward, best in the world level. Iniesta has to be first choice at that position in the big games, like Atletico Madrid and Malaga coming up.

J

jiopi

Villa should take penalties and free kicks now? People getting more deluded by the minute. :lol:

Meitux

Villa should take the free kicks from the left side of the field, replacing Xavi. And he should take all the penalties.

Villa is looking fantastic. But Iniesta has been spectacular recently at left forward, best in the world level. Iniesta has to be first choice at that position in the big games, like Atletico Madrid and Malaga coming up.
i cant say you actually believe that, as the most times its proved that Iniesta isnt brining the best ouf him in the wing....and another thing you saying is benching Villa in these games to play Iniesta there, right?

Last edited:

pawanme10

David Villa, after a long time I saw a true forward in the Barça ranks. (since Eto'o I think)
One who does not drop to midfield to get the ball, one who just moves around takes a touch and BAM!
Oh, I love Messi but this spectacle is pleasing to watch too, especially since its Villa and he shaved.. :worthy:

DavidVilla-celebrates121129G300.jpg

Oh and in important games like against Atleti and Malaga, bench :cesc:

J

jtmx12

Messi played 20 matches with Barca in 12/13 and scored 26 with a ratio of 1.3 goals per game.

:troll:

Your reply would indeed look wayyy better in Messi's thread. It doesn't makes any sense to compare the best player of the word that has the whole best team in the world playing for him vs a 30 years old striker that is forced to play in the wing and just came back from a really bad injury. For those reasons, Villa's current 1.04 goal per game based on 691 minutes is pretty cool and that's why I mentioned it. He always manages to keep his 0.5 goal per game as he been doing for the last decade.

Your stats will probably look better when we highlight the stats of all our strikers:

Pedro has played 18 matches with Barca in 12/13 and has scored 2 goals with a ratio of 0.11 goal per game.
Alexis has played 15 matches with Barca in 12/13 and has scored 1 goal with a ratio of 0.06 goal per game.
Tello has played 14 matches with Barca in 12/13 and has scored 3 goals with a ratio of 0.21 goal per game.

jtmx12 said:
David Villa ● 40 Goals in FC Barcelona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDvIC9ymgJI

Last edited:
J

jtmx12

David Villa scored 3 goals and gave an assist to Iniesta in the Copa Del Rey (Round of 32) against Alaves (6-1).

He's also currently the top goal scorer in the Copa del Rey, a rank shared with another 3 strikers.

In La Liga BBVA, he has scored 5 goals from 8 shoots (0.625% accuracy) and gave an assist to Alba playing 452 minutes (/90 = 5 matches) averaging a goal per game.

In the Champions League, he has only played 79 minutes, 4 times - all of them as a sub. He still needs to score, the closest thing to a goal I remember is him hitting the post.

That's pretty much a sum up of what Villa has done so far (which seems pretty good IMO :)).

tumblr_l8wlcy3RUm1qcjtfao1_500.jpg

Last edited:
M

McMessi

"@barcastuff: In his 16 matches for Barcelona this season, David Villa has scored 8 goals from 15 shots on target #fcblive [via @carles_domenech]"

Home of Barca Fans