David Villa

J

jtmx12

But it could be worse if he was playing as much as you wanted him to.

Worse, how? I play sports, and you probably do as well. Just make a wrong move and you will feel that "discomfort" and then you can be easily benched if you are a football player. That clearly happened when he was running or something like that, not when he got a tackle from a defender. If it happened during a match the result would have been the same (in fact, maybe he would have taken another action, one that wouldn't have lead to the wrong move that caused the small pain in his ankle).

Last edited:

barcanuck

I've said it before: Villa's goal is FOR SURE not to become a "Larrsson". He wants to play as many minutes as possible (you can easily notice that by looking at how mad Villa is when he's subbed or his face when he scores (he doesn't celebrate the goal if the game before he was benched) so I know he won't think it twice if the way to accomplish that is moving to another club.

Eventually he will become Larrson. I agree he doesn't want to become that and he won't become that this season or next. But right now we are taking alot of precautions with him. Benzema and Higuain alternate games all the time. Not a big deal.

J

jtmx12

Eventually he will become Larrson. I agree he doesn't want to become that and he won't become that this season or next. But right now we are taking alot of precautions with him. Benzema and Higuain alternate games all the time. Not a big deal.

Wrong comparation. Both players play in the same spot as a 9. Villa can play as a winger or as a 9, so can play in all the 3 attack places upfront. Mourinho only alternate those players because he HAVE to, not because he WANTS to like Tito - who always picks Villa as the main player to sub off, or the last player to get in (usually he will get 10 mins if he gets in from the bench) or he just won't get in like today.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Worse, how? I play sports, and you probably do as well. Just make a wrong move and you will feel that "discomfort" and then you can be easily benched if you are a football player. That clearly happened when he was running or something, not when he got a tacle from a defense. If it happened during a match the result would have been the same (in fact, maybe he would have taken another action, that wouldn't have lead to the wrong move).
Worse as Villa would be much more worn out, and something that just caused a discomfort could escalate to something bigger. And as we don't know what actually happened, that rumor of Villa playing hurt before he broke his leg could even be affecting Tito's decision of not playing him every other game now.

raedkuwait

Tito will play him against banfica, which is a usless game
and then rest him for the important game, clearly there is
an issue between tito and villa, if villa as u guys say needs
not to be over played, and if Tito believes in him, then clearly
the way i see it, is u got rest him in the meaningless games
and play him in the important games!!!!

J

jtmx12

Now you are just guessing what would have happened or what could have happened. You never know, but the chance Villa has of getting injured is the same one as everyone. What you are saying would make sense if the problem or "pain" happened in his tibia, but for Gods Sake, it's his ankle. It's a different problem, that can happen to every single player, in a training or in a match.

F

Flavia

Now you are just guessing what would have happened or what could have happened. You never know, but the chance Villa has of getting injured is the same one as everyone. What you are saying would make sense if the problem or "pain" happened in his tibia, but for Gods Sake, it's his ankle. It's a different problem, that can happen to every single player, in a training or in a match.
Everyone here is just guessing or speculating. We don't know or work with Tito and Villa, and we don't know 100% of what's going on.

J

jtmx12

Everyone here is just guessing or speculating. We don't know or work with Tito and Villa, and we don't know 100% of what's going on.

Of course we don't know 100% what's going on, but we can easily figure out some things that even a person that isn't Sherlock Holmes can figure out. Villa is mad, plain and simple. He's been like that for the last month or so, and you can easily realize why. Tito's "addiction" to bench him is killing him. Every time Villa scores he doesn't celebrate it, and every time he's benched he's reallly mad. I never saw it happen with Pep Guardiola, only with Tito. I also remember an interview, where Villa was clearly complaining about the lack of minutes saying sentences like "it's great to score and help the team in the tiny amount of minutes I was able to play".

Last edited:

MVBarcaFan

I can understand not playing him today after we were up. I just hope he gets more minutes and in meaningful games. We need this guy against parked buses and stingy defenses. I really hope Tito doesn't make him leave.

jairzinho

^^ Very True. From the outside looking in, all we can do is speculate. Honestly i want Villa to get more playing time, but its hard to grasp why he can't at the moment. Is it because he's still not 100% ? or maybe he still feels some discomfort in his knee. Thats the thing about looking at it from a fan's POV. The only legit sources are directly from the club and maybe from Sport and Mundo deportivo.

Vapor

This whole situation is tricky. Personally I would love seeing Villa playing more.. he's tied for the second top scorer this season, and the games he's been on form, he's been KILLING it. It would seem, looking at him alone, that he deserves to start left forward every single game.

However... then you look at the rest of the team. Fabregas is arguably our 2nd best performer this season next to Messi. In terms of productivity and creativity at least. Also tied for 2nd most goals with 5, and he has the most assists on the team by a decent margin with 9, with Iniesta trailing with 6. It's a tough argument to claim that he shouldn't start... he's been very valuable.

On top of that, Iniesta is Iniesta and it is pretty much a given that he should ALWAYS start, regardless of position. Before this season, everyone pretty much agrees that Iniesta is far most effective in midfield, but he has been absolutely shredding that LF position this season. I can't even count how many times he's done that dribble to the left goal line and cut it back in perfectly for an easy goal. At least 3-4 times. And no one can stop it. He's playing that LF role incredibly well.

So given how well Fabregas and Iniesta are playing, it's a hard case saying that they shouldn't start in the most important games. Same with Pedro... he plays his role very well. And since Villa doesn't play on the right, it's not like Villa could replace Pedro in the position.

So it's a predicament really. We are very strong with Cesc-Busquets-Xavi in mid and Iniesta-Messi-Pedro on the right. As much as players like Villa deserve to start important games (and every game really), the team is so strong that it's a challenge to find room to fit them in. As much as I'd love to see Villa in there all the time (I really would), I wouldn't want to sub out either Cesc or Iniesta. And there's no way Messi's coming off. So it's a pickle.

However, it is still very possible that Tito is saving Villa's powers for the latter half of the season. And he's experimenting with different line ups right now, including playing Cesc and Iniesta and Xavi on the field at the same time. Just seeing how things work and gathering data. I think it is very likely that in matches down the line, we'll see a lot more MVP with a rotating of Cesc and Iniesta/Xavi. As creative and valuable Iniesta is at setting up goals, no one in the front line can knock in goals like Villa besides Messi, and I'm sure Tito is well aware of this.

Barring any crazy shit like Villa actually did sleep with Tito's wife, I can't see why Villa won't start getting worked in more as the season progresses. Different teams call for different strategies, so it makes sense that some games we'll see the Xavi + Iniesta/Cesc + Busquets + MVP line up and others we'll see the Cesc + Xavi + Iniesta line up. Who knows. It's interesting.

I do feel bad for Villa, and I miss seeing that mofo play. But you gotta admit, it's not the worst thing when the main problem of your team is figuring out how to squeeze all your talent into one squad. :lol:

m3lo-Kosovo

its seems that the conflict between messi and villa it's true.So tito can't put both in the first eleven cuz then the pressure it will get higher on him from the journalists .And dontt be dissappointed if villa will leave the club as soon as he can.

But as a fan I hope that i can see them playing again together without any trouble.

raskolnikov

its seems that the conflict between messi and villa it's true.So tito can't put both in the first eleven cuz then the pressure it will get higher on him from the journalists .And dontt be dissappointed if villa will leave the club as soon as he can.

But as a fan I hope that i can see them playing again together without any trouble.
I dont like Villa not playing either, but to blame Messi is clutching at straws.
Im 100% sure David will play the Benfica game, he will make enough minutes in the second part of the season, just have faith.

lessthanjake

And guess what, the "injury" (if you wanna call it that way, because the only thing Villa said was that he felt a discomfort in his ankle and Barca clearly didn't want to take any risks) happened in a training, not playing. Then again, the "injury" (lol) happened in his ankle, I'm guessing you are a doctor, because for some reason you think the "tibia" is what caused the ankle problem.

The same thing you are saying about Pedro ppl kept saying about Alexis. Their job is not to defend, it's obviously an useful contribution, but their job is mainly to score goals that's why they are called "strikers" and both of them are not shining at that. While Villa scores, and if you seen the last games, he also defends as much as a striker is supposed to. I want Pedro to start as many games as possible, but I've said it before, it feels like he has become like Messi and it's impossible to bench him. He has played 19 games out of 21. Only missed 2 in the whole season.

Villa does not play on the right. So Pedro doesn't really have much competition for his spot. Meanwhile, Villa plays either in the center or on the left. Messi takes the central spot virtually every match. Alexis, Villa, and Tello all play on the left. At the same time, if you want Xavi, Iniesta, and Fabregas on the field at the same time (and given their form this year, that seems desirable), you gotta put Iniesta in the left forward role. This means there is WAY more competition for that LF role than the RF role.

So basically, Villa is in an unfortunate position where he is played less than Pedro despite performing better simply because he has way more competition for his role. The upside is, Villa will be quite well rested throughout the season and therefore should be very productive in the matches that he does get.

Home of Barca Fans