David Villa

F

Flavia

What the hell is going on!

Let's see... he had a long-term, carreer-threatening injury, came back, felt a disconfort and was out for a few days, got the green light again, played 90 min 3 days ago. So Tito rested him.

Garrus

Let's see... he had a long-term, carreer-threatening injury, came back, felt a disconfort and was out for a few days, got the green light again, played 90 min 3 days ago. So Tito rested him.
I sincerely believed that in those last 3 months and didn't even bother thinking about it, But come on it's been almost a year, So he's benched 2 games, Then plays 90 minutes, Then get rested again, What does he has, Cancer?.
When someone is able to play 90 minutes, Then he's fine, You don't bench him, Play him 90 minutes then bench him again to get rested, It doesn't make sense.

F

Flavia

I sincerely believed that in those last 3 months and didn't even bother thinking about it, But come on it's been almost a year, So he's benched 2 games, Then plays 90 minutes, Then get rested again, What does he has, Cancer?.
When someone is able to play 90 minutes, Then he's fine, You don't bench him, Play him 90 minutes then bench him again to get rested, It doesn't make sense.
You're forgetting he got injured again and was out less than 2 weeks ago. Why risk him again, after playing 90 min last wednesday?

Garrus

You're forgetting he got injured again and was out less than 2 weeks ago. Why risk him again, after playing 90 min last wednesday?
So if no unexpected discomforts happen again, He should start all the upcoming matches from now on, Right?, Well i sure hope so.
These benching episodes from tito, Even though it comes from caution and good intentions, Won't make it any less negative on villa, I can't imagine what he feels now, jeeeh

MVBarcaFan

The only reason I can think of why he didn't play today is because we were already leading quite comfortably and Tito did not want to risk him.

Garrus

No one is talking about a conspiracy, Not me anyway.
But tito should start adding 'The psychological' aspect to his calculations, It's not just about injuries, We already have enough confidence issues with Sanchez and a bit with pedro, We can't add villa to the list.
He should start ALL the upcoming games no exceptions

F

Flavia

But tito should start adding 'The psychological' aspect to his calculations, It's not just about injuries, We already have enough confidence issues with Sanchez and a bit with pedro, We can't add villa to the list.
Villa won't start all games. Tito's been rotating from the start, I doubt he'll change that. Not even Messi started all games.

J

jtmx12

jtmx12 said:
Villa was able to rest 11 days from Sat 11/17/2012 20:00 to Wed 11/28/2012 21:30 because of the small problem in his ankle so he has rested as much as everyone.

"@barcastuff: Villa is the Barcelona player who has been most times subbed on (9) and most times subbed off (7) this season #fcblive [via @messi10stats]"

"@barcastuff: In his 16 matches for Barcelona this season, David Villa has scored 8 goals from 15 shots on target #fcblive [via @carles_domenech]"

David Villa is the second best goal scorer in Barca this season, with 8 goals and 2 assists playing 693 minutes (/90 = 7.7 matches) averaging a goal per match.

David Villa is fully fit. Played 90 minutes last match and scored 2 goals.

Clearly he shouldn't play all games, but it should be like this: out of 4 consecutive matches, he should play 3 of them and rest in one. However, what happened this month is the following: he rested 11 days bcz of the ankle problem (which clearly was a minor problem we all usually get when we play a sport, like an inflammation) then played 90 minutes perfectly against Alaves without any problem or getting tired, and today he was benched again.

Villa still has less minutes than nearly everyone, and he's playing as good as everyone. He's doing his task, every time - scoring goals and even giving assists even tho he's benched constantly and even when in some games he's completely ignored - and is clear that Villa is playing as good as Pedro yet Pedro is the one who still gets all the minutes no matter what, and Villa is the one who always gets subbed no matter what.

Tired already of all the "Tito loves Villa that's why he benches him every time" crap. It's been like 4 months since a guy started saying it in this forum, it doesn't work anymore, bullshit much. Just sell the guy Tito in January if you don't give a fuck about him. I'd be happy to see Villa rock in another team in youtube, like with Chelsea, United, City, etc - specially if he manages to join Pep Guardiola on his next trip.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I wonder if Tito had overplayed Villa, and he got seriously injured again, what the comments here would be like. Tito may even be overcautious, but with the amount of injuries that are ocurring, I think it's understandable.

barcanuck

I don't think Larsson ever had that problem, where he was a super sub and starter in some games at his age. I think Tito is trying to mold Villa into that Larrsson super sub/joker role.

J

jtmx12

I wonder if Tito had overplayed Villa, and he got seriously injured again, what the comments here would be like. Tito may even be overcautious, but with the amount of injuries that are ocurring, I think it's understandable.

I've heard the same sentence 4 months ago as well. And I've said the same thing before as well: Villa's injury is in the PAST, really LONG time ago, that's clearly the reason why he didn't even touch a single football ball in like 7 months, they did really wanted to make sure that the injury was completely gone, not taking any risks at all. Right now Villa has the same chance of getting injured as everyone.

I don't think Larsson ever had that problem, where he was a super sub and starter in some games at his age. I think Tito is trying to mold Villa into that Larrsson super sub/joker role.

I've said it before: Villa's goal is FOR SURE not to become a "Larrsson". He wants to play as many minutes as possible (you can easily notice that by looking at how mad Villa is when he's subbed or his face when he scores (he doesn't celebrate the goal if the game before he was benched) so I know he won't think it twice if the way to accomplish that is moving to another club.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I've heard the same sentence 4 months ago as well.
And he did get injured, thankfully not a serious one. He also had some bad games when starting, and he doesn't track back as Pedro does, one of the things that makes Pedro start ahead of him.

J

jtmx12

And he did get injured, thankfully not a serious one. He also had some bad games when starting, and he doesn't track back as Pedro does, one of the things that makes Pedro start ahead of him.

And guess what, the "injury" (if you wanna call it that way, because the only thing Villa said was that he felt a discomfort in his ankle and Barca clearly didn't want to take any risks) happened in a training, not playing. Then again, the "injury" (lol) happened in his ankle, I'm guessing you are a doctor, because for some reason you think the "tibia" is what caused the ankle problem.

The same thing you are saying about Pedro ppl kept saying about Alexis. Their job is not to defend, it's obviously an useful contribution, but their job is mainly to score goals that's why they are called "strikers" and both of them are not shining at that. While Villa scores, and if you seen the last games, he also defends as much as a striker is supposed to. I want Pedro to start as many games as possible, but I've said it before, it feels like he has become like Messi and it's impossible to bench him. He has played 19 games out of 21. Only missed 2 in the whole season.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

And guess what, the "injury" (if you wanna call it that way, because they just said that Villa felt a discomfort in his ankle and didn't want to take any risks) happened in a training, not playing.
But it could be worse if he was playing as much as you wanted him to.

Home of Barca Fans