David Villa

J

jtmx12

That's precious... :facepalm:

He will keep trying to do his work, which is score goals, but he is no longer happy or motivated at all as he did when the season started and he wanted to give it all because barca fans deserved it as he said himself. As the games passed, he has realized that no matter how hard he tries Tito doesn't trust him at all and he no longer celebrates his goals which I never saw him doing with Pep Guardiola.

Stric

Villa will not leave in January. Tito has said that he's counting on Villa this season, and I even remember reading somewhere that he said there would be no transfers in the winter window. But I'm not 100% sure about that last part.

Leo10

:facepalm: just that :facepalm:

Tito knows x10 times better than all us barcaforum members combined, and I'm not even talking about the other staff helping him (Jordi Raoura etc). Please respect your manager.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Can't believe some guys here. Some are definitely only concerned about Villa and care little or nothing about Barca.
Can't imagine what would it be like if we drew or lost in Seville.

Exactly...

I can understand that people have a favourite player and I see nothing wrong with that, but I find it hard to understand when people disguise themselves as club fans when they are only supporting one player...

To be fair, Villa's situation is not ideal, but all the conspiracy theories and drama are really out of place...

Pepe Silvia

As with any championship team (any sport) it takes a collective effort from every single player on the team to win. Freak injuries and fatigue happen, so when it does, everyone needs to step up (bench, reserve call ups, management decisions). No person is more important than the next on a championship winning team. That's what I believe.

That said, Villa is a very mature and seasoned veteran and knows that being patient is the key. He was knocking in goals for fun early on, but now has to integrate into the team and perform a different role for the team for the time being. What matters isn't the minutes, it's his performances in clutch situations during those minutes that will be key. I'm sure he's reprogrammed his thinking to this and will make us all proud come the second half of the season.

Mes que un club

As i read on a barca-blog the other day; where Rijkaard was more like a friend and Pep more like a father, Tito is first and foremost a coach, worried about the system and the implementation of it. I still see this as the main reason behind other players being preferred over Villa.

http://imgon.net/di-7IRC.gif

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
we have the best start EVER to liga.... why does everyone talk about villa and complain..

ungrateful so called cules everywhere

J

jtmx12

Tito Vilanova (Today) "There's times, no matter how much you move the system, Villa doesn't fit in."

The biggest bullshit Tito could have said. Yeah, there's no room for Villa, a player that can play as a 9, as a left winger, and even as a right winger, and is the second goalscorer this season playing half the minutes than everyone else.

But of course, there's obviously room for Mr Cesc, where Tito is forced to make a midfielder play in the wing aka Iniesta where he never played before. You had to make a "new system" to make Cesc fit in, but you can't replace Pedro, or Cesc to make Villa fit in, a 4-3-3, having the best midfielder trio aka Xavi - Iniesta & Busquets, and having the MVP that gave us the last champions, and not an Iniesta that can't score, a Pedro that can't score, and having to rely on Messi every single time.

Leave in January Villa, my tip.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans