David Villa

F

Flavia

Tito's quote about Villa, on the press today was Turning to David Villa, the coach said “he is a top class player who wants to play every game, but we can’t use everybody all of the time”.. I cant find a quote where he says Villa doesn't fit in.

J

jtmx12

Descontento de Villa: “No lo sé. No se lo he preguntado. Un jugador de este nivel quiere jugar todo. Sabemos de dónde viene David. Cada día lo veo mejor. Hay veces que, por más que mueves los sistemas, no cabe. Pero no ha estado parado desde que volvió porque a los tres días ha jugado un partido y ya ha aguantado los 90 minutos”.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2012/12/11/copa_del_rey/1355231390_482438.html

I'm from Spain, therefore as you may guess my native language is Spanish, so it isn't hard at all to translate things to english. You can do the same if you wish but you will end up getting the same translated text.

Last edited:

abual3bed1

I looked for this all over SPORT and MD and couldn't find anything regarding what you posted. seems that only AS heard that statement by Tito.

J

jtmx12

That's because Barca newspapers will only show what makes Tito look good and not what makes him look bad. Always been like this. Common sense please.

Stric

That's because Barca newspapers will only show what makes Tito look good and not what makes him look bad. Always been like this. Common sense please.

:lol: Laughable. And Madrid-biased papers won't show (or falsify) only what makes Tito look bad? :lol: Common sense please.

If you are Spanish, you should have learned by now that As is a piece of shit paper with 0 credibility, regardless of this particular article.

J

jtmx12

:lol: Laughable. And Madrid-biased papers won't show (or falsify) only what makes Tito look bad? :lol: Common sense please.

If you are Spanish, you should have learned by now that As is a piece of shit paper with 0 credibility, regardless of this particular article.

What newspaper do is don't show what they want to (like sport or mundo deportivo, as, marca), and they also modify a bit the sentences to make it look as they please, but none of them (even if it's a hardcore barca newspaper or real madrid newspaper) don't make up and falsify a whole sentence that has been recorded in front a few tv cameras because you just can't do it. They could be sued just for that.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Marca also didn't published that part, and they surely would if Tito really said that. Marca quote: "El entrenador del Barcelona se refirió a la situación de Villa. "No le he preguntado. Un jugador de su nivel quiere jugarlo todo pero todos sabemos de dónde viene. No ha estado parado porque ha tenido partidos"."
I cannot also hear it on this 15 min video of the press conference.

Trickykid

What newspaper do is don't show what they want to (like sport or mundo deportivo, as, marca), and they also modify a bit the sentences to make it look as they please, but none of them (even if it's a hardcore barca newspaper or real madrid newspaper) don't make up and falsify a whole sentence that has been recorded in front a few tv cameras because you just can't do it. They could be sued just for that.

Really? They photoshop non-offsides into offsides and potentially legbreaking tackles into non-legbreaking ones. How exactly is that different from altering quotes from pressers?

J

jtmx12

I cannot also hear it on this 15 min video of the press conference.

That press conference is prior to the match against Betis, not the last one prior to the match against Cordoba. If you have heard the whole press conference, you can realize they are talking about Betis.

Really? They photoshop non-offsides into offsides and potentially legbreaking tackles into non-legbreaking ones. How exactly is that different from altering quotes from pressers?

There's people that takes cares of the videos, who aren't the reports that write the sentences and in a "madrid newspaper" the video guy could just edit it and the reporter would have no idea. Everyone edits pixels, even when you just change the encoding of a video you are already editing pixels. However, after all, every frame is an image, and everyone edit images to make them look as they want to. Let's say marca will show an image in an angle where there is offside and sport will show a image in an angle where there isn't offside. But once again, you can't just write a whole sentence that "X" guy has said, when it was recorded in front of a few tv cameras. You may as well just get sued because of that with every right, and you will 100% end up giving a few millions for writing text that has been proved to be lies.

Last edited:

Cristofol

Newspapers and other media lie about what has been recorded all the time, witnessed it myself many times, when I have been in England and seen interviews given in Spanish or Catalan and the English media have purposely lied about the translation knowing that 99.9% of their readers would not know about it. For example I have seen the 'Daily Mail' completely falsify and out right make up statements made by Cesc regarding his transfer from Arsenal.
I never trust a word most sports media say unless it is simply the results of fixtures :lol:

J

jtmx12

Newspapers and other media lie about what has been recorded all the time, witnessed it myself many times, when I have been in England and seen interviews given in Spanish or Catalan and the English media have purposely lied about the translation knowing that 99.9% of their readers would not know about it. For example I have seen the 'Daily Mail' completely falsify and out right make up statements made by Cesc regarding his transfer from Arsenal.
I never trust a word most sports media say unless it is simply the results of fixtures :lol:

You said it yourself. That's because it's a translated text, and against a lawsuit you can just argue that the translation was wrongly done by mistake. As is a spanish newspaper, Tito speaks spanish in the press conference, and the reporter that wrote that article is spanish and speaks spanish as well. There is no translation involved, the sentences he wrote must match (or needs to be close) to the ones recorded in tv in the press conference. As I said myself earlier, they also may avoid some words or edit a few sentences "by mistake" to make it look as they please (which is close to the translation thing), but they DON'T make up a "whole sentence" just out of nowhere, specially when it was recorded in a press conference that happens every week prior to a football match and is always recorded.

Stric

The fact that even Marca didn't publish what As did should be enough of a reason not to trust a word of it. Besides, if it was true, it'd be all over the news everywhere.

Cristofol

You said it yourself. That's because it's a translated text, and against a lawsuit you can just argue that the translation was wrongly done by mistake. As is a spanish newspaper, Tito speaks spanish in the press conference, and the reporter that wrote that article is spanish and speaks spanish as well. There is no translation involved, the sentences he wrote must match (or needs to be close) to the ones recorded in tv in the press conference. As I said myself earlier, they also may avoid some words or edit a few sentences "by mistake" to make it look as they please (which is close to the translation thing), but they DON'T make up a "whole sentence" just out of nowhere, specially when it was recorded in a press conference that happens every week prior to a football match and is always recorded.

Also witnessed media of same language lie about recorded interviews. They should not be allowed to fabricate material but there is a lot of things media isn't allowed to do, it does not stop them though. They do not play by the rules

Home of Barca Fans