David Villa

Cule4life

The Culest
Scoring goals by coming late on in matches isn't the only reason for a player to again be considered first choice. Granted, it definitely is one of the reasons, but match fitness also counts. After coming back from a major injury, it naturally takes time for one to be able to consistently play a high-intensity game and last 90 minutes at the top level for a team like Barca that is so demanding both physically and mentally.

Also, I don't know how anyone can talk what about Titos' plan are and attempt to come to a precise conclusion ( Villa definitely not being in Titos' plans, for example. ) by just that as that would be just wrong and inaccurate. Who knows, Tito may actually be holding Villa back for the second half of the season and given Pedros' and Alexis' recent form, it would be very understandable.

Dude even if Villa can't last 90 minutes(which i don't believe since he himself has said many times that he's ready to play full matches) He can be given some minutes initially and gradually increase them(30, 40, 50 and increasing) Isn't that what all coaches do with players coming back from injuries? But what Tito does is bench him in important matches and plays him 90 minutes in meaningless matches with B team players(which contradicts your theory that Villa cant last 90 minutes :eusa_think:)
And what about Sanchez? He just cam back from injury and played 90 minutes straightway(which again proves you wrong).

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
It wasn't only the goals. He was looking really sharp, even more so then before his injury. I understand the fitness concerns though. If you look at some earlier posts of mine in this thread I chalked his lack of playing time up to his lack of fitness...but then he got more and more minutes, scoring goal after goal and continued to be lined up with a B line up. Considering the form of Pedro and Alexis I just don't get it anymore. I really tried to back Tito in his decisions at first but Villa deserves more minutes no matter how you look at it. Imo at least.

GiantKiller

Dude even if Villa can't last 90 minutes(which i don't believe since he himself has said many times that he's ready to play full matches) He can be given some minutes initially and gradually increase them(30, 40, 50 and increasing) Isn't that what all coaches do with players coming back from injuries? But what Tito does is bench him in important matches and plays him 90 minutes in meaningless matches with B team players(which contradicts your theory that Villa cant last 90 minutes :eusa_think:)
And what about Sanchez? He just cam back from injury and played 90 minutes straightway(which again proves you wrong).

If I'm not mistaken, he didn't even last the 90 minutes against Cordoba and Tito took him off because he was worn out, so I don't know if what Villa said was true even if he did say it. I agree with you about the part of how the coach gives minutes to a player coming from an injury. Only to an extent though. That's because taking the opinion of the medical staff ( regarding how Tito has managed Villa ) into consideration, I'd like to back Tito on this one.

Also, the part in bold is wrong. Go through my previous post again and you'll see what I said about Villa consistently playing full 90 minutes.

As for the Sanchez part, let's not for forget that David Villa is on the wrong side of 30, came back from a much more serious injury and is much closer to his declining stage than Alexis.

It wasn't only the goals. He was looking really sharp, even more so then before his injury. I understand the fitness concerns though. If you look at some earlier posts of mine in this thread I chalked his lack of playing time up to his lack of fitness...but then he got more and more minutes, scoring goal after goal and continued to be lined up with a B line up. Considering the form of Pedro and Alexis I just don't get it anymore. I really tried to back Tito in his decisions at first but Villa deserves more minutes no matter how you look at it. Imo at least.

Oh, I forgot to mention the part in bold. He was looking very sharp indeed!

I personally think that if a coach doesn't play a Villa in prime condition as often as possible, he's out of his mind. But the fact that Tito isn't giving Villa consistent minutes despite Pedro and Alexis not being in good touch, suggest otherwise about Villa match fitness. That's just my opinion though. :)

Cule4life

The Culest
As for the Sanchez part, let's not for forget that David Villa is on the wrong side of 30, came back from a much more serious injury and ismuch closer to his declining stage than Alexis.
How can you say that. Age has nothing to do with how long a player can play. Look at puyol, xavi, Maldini etc. The fact is he was looking sharp and confident (much sharper than Alexis anyway)
And he was taken off in the 83rd minute to give a run out to Tello. Se he did last 90 minutes. And how can an unfit player play 90 minutes in one match and benched in the important ones. What kind of fitness plan is this?

GiantKiller

How can you say that. Age has nothing to do with how long a player can play. Look at puyol, xavi, Maldini etc. The fact is he was looking sharp and confident (much sharper than Alexis anyway)
And he was taken off in the 83rd minute to give a run out to Tello. Se he did last 90 minutes. And how can an unfit player play 90 minutes in one match and benched in the important ones. What kind of fitness plan is this?

I agree, but is that true for a 31 year old striker coming back from a serious injury? I wonder. I also admitted the bolded part.

I did not say he was unfit and apparently, you haven't reread the part of one of my posts I asked you to.

Cule4life

The Culest
Lets cool the heat in here with some swag

The-style-of-David-Villa-1.jpg

The-style-of-David-Villa-2.jpg

The-style-of-David-Villa-3.jpg

Last edited:

kostasgtc

maybe just maybe he was (or is) ready to make the job tito want to be done yet.football specially in that level is not just goals.sometimes we must respect the coaches and understund that they always knows better whats good for the team.
think:tito praised villa in a match who didnt scored and either do anything special but obviously played his role FOR the team better than previously.stop accusing tito, he surely knows better.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
What is he going to do? Say he played badly? Stop accusing me of accusing Tito. I said in my opinion did I not? I never said I knew better than him.
Your going to tell me you honestly don't believe Villa should get more minutes? Really? I think we could have used him over Pedro or Alexis in a few games that he did not feature in.

barcanuck

Appearances in La Liga so far:

Mascherano 11
Iniesta 10
Adriano 10
David Villa 10
Piqué 9
Dani Alves 9
A. Sánchez 9
Montoya 8
Tello 8

It's a rotation system people, Villa will get his trots like everyone else!

Cule4life

The Culest
Appearances in La Liga so far:

Mascherano 11
Iniesta 10
Adriano 10
David Villa 10
Piqué 9
Dani Alves 9
A. Sánchez 9
Montoya 8
Tello 8

It's a rotation system people, Villa will get his trots like everyone else!

Dude playing 10 minutes in a match hardly counts as an appearance.
If we take playing time into account he appearances will be less than half of that

Meitux

so what,its been like 3 months since hes back and now they will be afraid not to dagame him and play him softly still?i care for him but its a long time passed since his return

Home of Barca Fans