David Villa

BarcaGirl

Vilanova: "Happy with Villa's game. He worked hard, made good runs, although the ball didn't always come. Got tired at the end."

Vilanova: "Villa has played the 85 minutes on a very high level. He reminded me of the player we know from before his injury."

GiantKiller

Vilanova: "Happy with Villa's game. He worked hard, made good runs, although the ball didn't always come. Got tired at the end."

Vilanova: "Villa has played the 85 minutes on a very high level. He reminded me of the player we know from before his injury."

That should explain the lack of minutes, shouldn't it?

Last edited:
M

Malappapper

Can Villa return to full fitness in terms of stamina?

I have serious reservations.

J

jtmx12

That should explain the lack of minutes, shouldn't it?

Exact words from Tito:

I'm very happy with the work Villa has done tonight, he gave the first goal to Leo, then he worked hard on the spaces and we found him. I'm very happy, it's true that at the end it's possible that he was more tired in the last minutes, but I just saw the chance that with Cordoba playing upfront, with Cristian Tello, a player so so fast, in the last minutes we may be able to surprise them and in those minutes Cristian had chances to score, but like I said, I'm very happy with Villa's work tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYjyQ6xKh8

I couldn't watch the match today, but I'm glad Villa wasn't useless. Saw the two goals, and the assist from Villa wasn't selfish, because even tho he is always trying to score, he never forgets his team mates if they have a better position. Not the first time he does it and I'm glad that he does it.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why would you care how he played. You already posted goodbye pics and said Villa shouldn't play such meaningless games.
At least be consistent and accuse Tito for playing him just like you did in last couple of days.

J

jtmx12

Why would you care how he played. You already posted goodbye pics and said Villa shouldn't play such meaningless games.

Find a a reply where I say that please. Why would I care how he played? because any person that likes Villa wouldn't like to see him fail in every single match.

Last edited:

GiantKiller

Exact words from Tito:

I'm very happy with the work Villa has done tonight, he gave the first goal to Leo, then he worked hard on the spaces and we found him. I'm very happy, it's true that at the end it's possible that he was more tired in the last minutes, but I just saw the chance that with Cordoba playing upfront, with Cristian Tello, a player so so fast, in the last minutes we may be able to surprise them and in those minutes Cristian had chances to score, but like I said, I'm very happy with Villa's work tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYjyQ6xKh8

I couldn't watch the match today, but I'm glad Villa wasn't useless. Saw the two goals, and the assist from Villa wasn't selfish, because even tho he is always trying to score, he never forgets his team mates if they have a better position. Not the first time he does it and I'm glad that he does it.

What are you even trying to imply with this post? Given the intensity of the oppositions' game and the fact that Villa still isn't used to play a full 90 minutes after coming back from a major injury, I would like to think that what is said is true.

Last edited:
J

jtmx12

I would but I'm on my mobile atm.

Try hard because you ain't going to find anything close to that. The only thing I've said is that he should play the important games as well, not that he shouldn't play the less important games. Would I rather see him plays against Betis, where 3 points are in game, vs against Benfica, in a meanless game where we ain't fighting for anything at all, and everyone was playing bad? Yes, of course. Players want to play the big games, because that's when they know the coach trust them, not the opposite.

What are you even trying imply with this post? Given the intensity of the oppositions' game and the fact that Villa still isn't used to play a full 90 minutes after coming back from a major injury, I would like to think that what is said is true.

The only thing I did is translate exactly the things Tito said because you were quoting a sentence that was translated poorly and did mean something else. Tito didn't say that Villa was tired (that would imply that perhaps Villa told him that), he just changed Villa because he thought Tello could be useful in the last minutes because he's very fast and Cordoba was constantly upfront, and because with those 80 minutes, he thought that there was a "possibility" that Villa was more tired (obvious thing, every player gets tired at the end of the match, expect Pedro xD).

Last edited:

aki13

As Tito said he did work hard, gave a nice assist but did struggle like others on the bad pitch.

Villa needs to start playing regular now. Too long with sub appearances.

Home of Barca Fans