David Villa

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe if your every other post ( all of which are only in this thread btw.) wasn't edited I could have pointed few for you.

GiantKiller

The only thing I did is translate exactly the things Tito said because you were quoting a sentence that was translated poorly and did mean something else. Tito didn't say that Villa was tired (that would imply that perhaps Villa told him that), he just changed Villa because he thought Tello could be useful in the last minutes, and because with those 80 minutes, there was a "posibility" that Vlla was more tired.

Villa doesn't necessarily have to tell him that, as one can observe the movements of the player and come to a possible conclusion. What was Villa substituted for? To take advantage of Tellos' pace when Cordoba were going for it and leaving space in behind, right? I'm sure Villa could've also done that had the circumstances been ideal, which they weren't. Also, the couple of reasons I mentioned in my previous post make that 'possibility' likelier.

J

jtmx12

Maybe if your every other post wasn't edited I could have pointed few for you.

With over 10,000 posts I'm surprised you don't know how to check the date of a post that was modified. I have edited a few posts like everyone else, but usually to correct the grammar since English isn't my main language, and I did it on the same day and you can easily check that as well.

Let's see what happens against Atletico. Like cule4life, I wouldn't get my hopes up, but after been subbed in all important games so far this season, at some point he has to play one. Plus, he didn't score and assisted Messi instead, and that's exactly what Tito wants him to do to do (joke :p?) .

Last edited:

GiantKiller

Funny how so many people are seeing things from their perspective and not bothering to take into consideration what Tito's thinking.

That isn't for you, La Furia.:p

Meitux

With over 10,000 posts I'm surprised you don't know how to check the date of a post that was modified. I have edited a few posts like everyone else, but usually to correct the grammar since English isn't my main language, and I did it on the same day and you can easily check that as well.

Let's see what happens against Atletico. Like cule4life, I wouldn't get my hopes up, but after been subbed in all important games so far this season, at some point he has to play one. Plus, he didn't score and assisted Messi instead, and that's exactly what Tito wants him to do to do (joke :p?) .
yeah tell us now that you didnt post a picture of David celebrating with the national team and writing down,Goodbye Villa good luck to your new team

barcanuck

Of course Villa and his "entourage" are thinking that if he gets benched 2 out of 3 games it's not right. I think Tito is just doing his scientific method of bringing Villa back to his best by giving him lots of rest.

Cule4life

The Culest
Of course Villa and his "entourage" are thinking that if he gets benched 2 out of 3 games it's not right. I think Tito is just doing his scientific method of bringing Villa back to his best by giving him lots of rest.

I sort of disagree with you on this one. I think Tito thinks Iniesta on the wings and Cesc in the middle is the best lineup (I disagree). Villa is definitely not a starter in Tito's plans, not even at full fitness. And he seems to prefer Sanchez to Villa most probably cause he's young. I honestly don't see Villa staying if he doesn't get regular playing time.

Garrus

If villa wants wants a starting spot, He should earn it, PERIOD.
Tito is the coach, His only concern will always be to look for the best interest of the team.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Imo scoring whenever he came on should have earned him a starting spot. It's beyond me why tito chose to play alexis over him time and time again. He deserves more minutes. He needs rhythm and he wont get it playing with a B line up...
I hate to say it but if this keeps up he should leave T___T.....

Cule4life

The Culest
If villa wants wants a starting spot, He should earn it, PERIOD.
Tito is the coach, His only concern will always be to look for the best interest of the team.

He did score important goals. He's second highest goalscorer with 8 goals. Sanchez and Pedro have 1 together in 20 games. That should have earned him a starting spot. But he was benched. Then when he had one bad game against Benfica(in which no one played well as it was a meaningless match) he was benched again.
I hope Tito gives him consistent playing time to regain his form

GiantKiller

Scoring goals by coming late on in matches isn't the only reason for a player to again be considered first choice. Granted, it definitely is one of the reasons, but match fitness also counts. After coming back from a major injury, it naturally takes time for one to be able to consistently play a high-intensity game and last 90 minutes at the top level for a team like Barca that is so demanding both physically and mentally.

Also, I don't know how anyone can talk what about Titos' plan are and attempt to come to a precise conclusion ( Villa definitely not being in Titos' plans, for example. ) by just that as that would be just wrong and inaccurate. Who knows, Tito may actually be holding Villa back for the second half of the season and given Pedros' and Alexis' recent form, it would be very understandable.

Home of Barca Fans