David Villa

Vapor

This is indeed getting really peculiar. Tito is not an idiot, there's no reason why he'd keep his better players on the bench and put his "inferior" players on the pitch, if the situation regarding each of those players is really what we think it is (Villa being awesome and the others not so much, and all of that). I'm getting a feeling there's something we're just not being told here.
This is what I'm really starting to think. And it would explain a lot about Villa's seemingly superhuman patience.

I'm starting to think this really is all part of a master plan to have the most effective squad possible in the 2nd half of the season. It's possible that Tito already sees that Villa is still a beast, our best striker on the team next to Messi, and has already guaranteed Villa a lot of playing time in the second half of the season. He could be using this time now to try and REALLY give Alexis and Pedro a lot of time to catch form and become capable of producing goals again. Because say Pedro and Alexis DO finally start scoring the odd goal every 3-4 games or so (hopefully more than that), not only do we have Messi and Villa as lethal finishers up front but now we have Messi, Villa, Alexis, Pedro, and Tello.

That's the only logical explanation I can think of for what we're seeing. I hope I'm right. Either way, Villa's the man for having such a good attitude about the whole thing and seeing the bigger picture, putting his ego on the backburner. Props :cool:

Richard.H

This is what I'm really starting to think. And it would explain a lot about Villa's seemingly superhuman patience.

I'm starting to think this really is all part of a master plan to have the most effective squad possible in the 2nd half of the season. It's possible that Tito already sees that Villa is still a beast, our best striker on the team next to Messi, and has already guaranteed Villa a lot of playing time in the second half of the season. He could be using this time now to try and REALLY give Alexis and Pedro a lot of time to catch form and become capable of producing goals again. Because say Pedro and Alexis DO finally start scoring the odd goal every 3-4 games or so (hopefully more than that), not only do we have Messi and Villa as lethal finishers up front but now we have Messi, Villa, Alexis, Pedro, and Tello.

That's the only logical explanation I can think of for what we're seeing. I hope I'm right. Either way, Villa's the man for having such a good attitude about the whole thing and seeing the bigger picture, putting his ego on the backburner. Props :cool:

I really, really hope that is the case but I honestly don't see it.

abual3bed1

Siempre maraVilla ‏@SiempreRoja7
Zubizarreta: "Villa will be our winter signing. He gives us goals and intensity... we're not listening to offers." [via MD]

barcanuck

Love Zubi's words! Villa is the key to the secondary scoring. Let's hope he bags the big goals late in the season like he usually does.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This is indeed getting really peculiar. Tito is not an idiot, there's no reason why he'd keep his better players on the bench and put his "inferior" players on the pitch, if the situation regarding each of those players is really what we think it is (Villa being awesome and the others not so much, and all of that). I'm getting a feeling there's something we're just not being told here.

Pretty much this... There has to be something else going on that we don't know about as it certainly is curious that he doesn't get playing time... I can deal with him not starting, but he should be given at least half and hour a match to let him do his thing...

Meitux

tumblr_mfadtl7Y7M1rixoyeo1_1280.png
doesnt suit to him :puke:

FiReFTW

It could be that they see Villa as someone whos past his prime and will only go down from here while Alexis is young and they see him as the future hence they are forcing him into the team hoping he will somehow adjust and fit in and start playing great, but the thing is Alexis is NOT for this team, he is NOT a Barca player period, I don't care how much money they threw away for him and how stupid they might look again for signing him, but it became quite obvious over the time hes with us that he doesn't fit, he is a good player for counterattacking teams but for Barca he lacks the technique and intelligence and thats that.

sabby

If Tito wanted to sell Villa, he would play him as much possible to get the best out of him in this season. And that in turn would increase his sale value as well. As I said before, its probably just that he's trying to get pedro/sanchez in form for the next half as villa is experienced and will quickly be on form in a matter of a couple of games.

Armando929

Well if he doesn't get games in the 2nd half of the season, then I think we all know the outcome.

Sanchez tries hard and he hustles like nobody but we lack punch in front of goal without Villa. Sometimes I think some here assume Messi will score hat tricks every time and thats just not possible even for the best player in the world, and against Chelsea even Messi couldn't overcome the missed chances of Alexis and Cesc. Can't help but feel that if Villa had not gotten injured that we would have buried a few of those.

Anyhow, with the way Madrid are looking now, the biggest threats are clearly Bayern and Juventus. Those are big games in which Villa will prove how valuable he is.

Pepe Silvia

he looks annoyingly good in that arsenal kit.
I know right? I bought an official Arsenal kit for my friend's son for Christmas and I had to admit the thing looked pretty dang good.

As for Villa in Arsenal, I just don't see him leaving anywhere. There really is something we don't know, but I think it's positive. This second half of the season will be grueling because we are going for it all. There is no reason we can't complete a treble with extremely hard work and all hands on deck. We will need Villa's goals and experience and I'm convinced that he will be used heavily in the second half. *fingers crossed*

GiantKiller

As for Villa in Arsenal, I just don't see him leaving anywhere. There really is something we don't know, but I think it's positive. This second half of the season will be grueling because we are going for it all. There is no reason we can't complete a treble with extremely hard work and all hands on deck. We will need Villa's goals and experience and I'm convinced that he will be used heavily in the second half. *fingers crossed*

+1. This is exactly why I think Villa is being held back by Tito.

Last edited:

Garrus

The contribution of full backs in attack has increased with tito, Even much more than it was with pep, But it came at the expense of more defensive work from the wingers to cover the full backs advance, And to also create spaces for them by constantly making inside the box runs, Both of these require tremendous amount of fitness, Endurance and work rate, Which both pedro and alexis have, And villa doesn't.
Every time he starts a game he looks 'out of sync' with the other players, And doesn't seem to able to cope with the fast moving game, Hence his best performances came as a late sub when he was fresh and all the others aren't, And was able to keep up with the pace much more readily.
So unless villa returns to 100% fitness, He'll see a lot of benching time.

Home of Barca Fans