David Villa

DavidVillano1

He played 76 minutes today and look what happened. This ought to be an eye-opener for all conspiracy theorists.
This injury most likely has nothing to do with his leg break, but people will now use this injury in that way to back up Villa not playing. Totally ignoring Villa has played 70 minutes+ on five occasions this season(two full games)...

Now Villa might not be fit enough to play regularly and that's why he's not played often, personally that's not my view on the situation and IIRC Villa stated he was ready to play full games and felt fit.

Anyway let's hope this doesn't keep him out long.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
His first goal was marvelous... Too bad about that injury, hope it's nothing serious and he can continue to score...

ammarfcb

ze special one
Hopefully its not so bad, he continued to play on for a little while.

lovely finishes though :wub:

i think it was just a discomfort and they decided to keep him walkin on the pitch then changed they're mind to avoid a pulled hamstring and a 2 months out

F

Flavia

This injury most likely has nothing to do with his leg break, but people will now use this injury in that way to back up Villa not playing. Totally ignoring Villa has played 70 minutes+ on five occasions this season(two full games)...

Now Villa might not be fit enough to play regularly and that's why he's not played often, personally that's not my view on the situation and IIRC Villa stated he was ready to play full games and felt fit.

Nothing to do with the broken leg, but with fitness. He already had another minor injury after coming back. So to me it's safe to assume he's really not 100% fit. He wasn't able to train as a whole, not just his broken leg. Stric is right imo, Tito is cautious with him, instead of hating his guts and not wanting to play him.

J

jtmx12

i think it was just a discomfort and they decided to keep him walkin on the pitch then changed they're mind to avoid a pulled hamstring and a 2 months out

Pretty much that... At least that's what they said on TV.

Normally one player would start playing 15 minutes, then 30, then 45, then 70 and then 90 minutes. Villa's come back was like: first match 15 minutes, second match 70 minutes and then 15, then 60, then 10, then 9, then 9, then 70, and last 7 matches it's been pretty much like that that as well (even worse, he played 60 mins in the last 5 matches prior to this match). Your body needs consistency so it gets used to it, not random minutes.... But people like Strict will say that obviously that's Villa's fault, and not Tito's...

Last edited:

Stric

Playing a full game twice in half-a-season does not mean he's back to full fitness. For all we know, he might have barely walked after those. We don't know shit, the staff does. And if Villa was in full form, he would have been playing more. This injury doesn't have anything directly to do with his leg break, but it does have to do with the fact that he's still recovering and getting back to full fitness since his surgery.

Stric

I think it was Bojan or someone else who said some time ago that it seems as if there's something we're not being told about Villa. Yes, it does seem that way, but only because we ourselves have made up this story about Villa being "back" and "fully fit" just because he played a few times and scored goals. Nobody from the club (except Villa, but what would you expect from the player himself?) ever said that Villa was fully fit. In fact, the only thing they said regarding the topic is that Villa is progressing and will be important later in the season. They're still saying that! Hence, he's still getting there.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

@barcastuff
With 5 goals, David Villa has surpassed Real Madrid's Ronaldo (4) and is now the topscorer of the Spanish cup #fcblive [via @pedritonumeros]

:villa:

Galning

I hope everyone's happy now.

I think it was Bojan or someone else who said some time ago that it seems as if there's something we're not being told about Villa. Yes, it does seem that way, but only because we ourselves have made up this story about Villa being "back" and "fully fit" just because he played a few times and scored goals. Nobody from the club (except Villa, but what would you expect from the player himself?) ever said that Villa was fully fit. In fact, the only thing they said regarding the topic is that Villa is progressing and will be importang later in the season. Hence, he's still getting there.

I said that as well. But people rather blamed it on "having a fight with Messi" or "Tito rather plays off form Alexis & Pedro, what a joke".

Stric

This entire discussion spanning dozens of pages is based around a false assumption that Villa is not being played despite being fit. But the cool thing is that it shows just how much of a beast Villa is to play as well as he does without being fully fit.

J

jtmx12

I like how people make a big thing out of nothing. He gets a minor injury that won't even stop him from playing the next match, and it's a big deal. Alexis gets injured for a month, and not once this season, and none say a crap. Now every time Villa gets injured it will be because of his last injury... Lawl. Notice that just like his last minor injury, it was once again in a different leg. Even if it was an injury in his hand, people would probably come up with the same crap.

As I tried to explain before, in the last 2 months Villa has played 60 mins in the last 5 matches so his body was clearly used to play 10 mins / match around only or sometimes he didn't even play at all and that wasn't Villa's fault, it was Tito's. Now he gets to play 80 minutes, and obviously his body won't be happy at all, and may clearly leave him with a minor injury, a disconfort, but that's it, something that happens to pretty much every single person when you are not used to do something.

But now people will take advantage of this "serious" (lawl) injury and say that they were right and Tito was right. Truth is that Villa's body needed consistency translated in minutes, but Tito just gave him random minutes whenever he wanted and that's why this "injury" happened. That's my point of view at least.

I'm done arguing about it anyhow. Just happy that Villa had a good game, and constantly showed his class and why his last years shouldn't be wasted in the bench. Whatever you decide Villa, I'll be happy as well. Just know that people wants to see you play, the Camp Nou wants to see you play with those constant ovations, and that's because you deserve to play because you are pure class.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans