David Villa

DavidVillano1

Villa and cesc have a good chemistry. I'm hopeful it works tonight, so Villa can score at least a brace.
Hopefully both and Sanchez interchange at times and get success with it.

Would be good to see Villa get a couple and Sanchez on the score sheet, he certainly needs a boast with a goal.

D

DMZ05

I'm hoping this means Villa gets a starting place in the first team now over Sanchez he deserves it.

D

DMZ05

Even at 31 years he still got it. He is not as quick as he use to be or as Sanchez but he makes up for it with his intelligence.

F

Flavia

At least a brace is checked :D
He can't go anywhere, he's too awesome. As he looked happy today when scoring, maybe it's really some fitness or whatever problem making he stay at the bench :p
No way alexis should be starting ahead of him.

ammarfcb

ze special one
DAT goal
di-6KN0.gif

Stric

From fcb official site:

Jordi Roura also commented on the situations of several other members of the squad. He described David Villa as “a very important player for us,” pointing out that he is returning after a long spell on the sidelines through injury. “He is doing a lot of hard work. We have no doubt that he’ll get back to 100 per cent”.

So Villa is not 100% yet?

This is what I've been saying for some time now. None of us know what it's like to return to top-class football after breaking a leg, we just presume that it can be done in the period of Dec 2011 - Sep 2012 or whatever. You don't just train for 2-3 months after recovery and kick ass. Especially not at 31. At no point in this season was Villa in full form. Yes, he did have several great games, but he did so because he played little. He played 76 minutes today and look what happened. This ought to be an eye-opener for all conspiracy theorists.

No, this does not mean I condone putting Villa on the bench permanently and rotating Alexis, Pedro and Tello. But what I do understand is why Tito and the staff are trying not to overdose Villa's playing time.

This only underlines what I've said before about Tito and the rest of the staff having the best insight into Villa's form and capabilities, as opposed to what we spectators can see.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans