David Villa

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He has to be higher than Alexis in the pecking order now. Hope to see him make an appearance in the Clasico. Great game today Villa!

J

jtmx12

The only bad thing in this game about Villa was that he didn't score. Other than that, he was pretty good overall, and was Leo's best partner, being a key in all his four goals.

In the first goal the goal comes from a forced error from the goalkeeper that was caused by Villa's run.

In the second goal Villa was the only one that detected the "hand" from the defender and told the referer about it, which ended in penalty. Perhaps if he didn't say anything it still would have been a penalty (altho I have my doubts, because other than that the referer wasn't great with Barca).

In the third goal it was an assist from Villa to Messi.

In the forth goal it was an assist from Adriano to Messi, which happened mainly due to Villa's awesome run and great ball delivery to Adriano.

Then there's another assist Villa did to Messi with his chest, altho Messi failed this one.

The fact that he played the 90 minutes tells me that there's a chance he may not play the Clasico, but I hope I will be finally wrong this time, because this guy always have magic moments and I really want to see him start next match.

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Should have scored off the the last chance at the end but atleast it was on target
Some great runs and dummy play today and got an assist.
He should be the first sub in the clasico and play atleast 20 minutes

sub?? he should start the clasico ...if there was one thing we was today ...start MVP and the goals will come

Stric

Great game, zero luck. :( But he put in a great effort. Also I thought I noticed Messi genuinely doing his best to assist Villa. :)

abual3bed1

Not gonna be easy to start him on wednesday. Our best XI is doing great, but agree for him to be the 1st choice when Roura wants to make a change.

Vapor

Sliced up the defense left right and center. Interplay with Messi was unbelievable. Looking INCREDIBLY sharp.

Diogo28

Great game, and more than that he seemed happy and there's no problem between him and Messi.
This team is doing greats and the air is pure in the dressroom.

F

Flavia

sub?? he should start the clasico ...if there was one thing we was today ...start MVP and the goals will come

Cesc and Iniesta are ahead of him, though... too many wc talent on the team. I don't think he'll start against rm, it will be xavi - busi - cesc, pedro - messi - iniesta. But I hope he gets some minutes.

footyfan

Calma, calma
IMO he should start over Cesc. With Madrid's current defence and goalie, the game is really up for Villa's picking with diagonal runs and good interplay.

Stric

Let's take all of what's been happening so far since his injury aside... he played 90 minutes today after coming back from injury again. There's no way he's playing more than 20 minutes in the clasico, let alone starting.

barcanuck

Great game, and more than that he seemed happy and there's no problem between him and Messi.
This team is doing greats and the air is pure in the dressroom.

This!

I noticed they were passing to each other all day long, especially when Sanchez came on they were looking for each other first :)

Our usual lineup has worked so well so far this season, changing it would be too big a risk IMO. Especially for a classico, and especially since Pedro's been playing so well recently. We should go with the usual lineup, with Villa being subbed on for Fabregas at some point.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans