David Villa

poldep

Villa isn't going anywhere atm cuz his wife is pregnant with their 3rd child. David doesnt want to move while the baby isnt born yet. Also he wants the child to be born in Spain. So maybe he will transfer in the summer but def not now.

J

jtmx12

I remember that Iniesta was realllly bad playing from the wing long time ago, but the fact is that now for some reason he's doing pretttyy well. But Villa, as shown yesterday, also proves that he does pretty well from the left wing, making runs and giving assists as shown in the last 2 goals from Messi, where he was a key player, and as I said before, the first goal from Messi was a result of a forced error from the goalkeeper caused by Villa's always awesome runs. He also defends, assissts, plays well with the ball, but he STILL does his main task, scoring. I don't think anyone other than Messi should bench Villa, because he's as good as everyone else in his task.

Then there's Cesc, who is the reason why Villa always ends up in the bench. The coach loves him, and that's why they move Iniesta to the wing, but let's be honest, Cesc may be a good midfielder, but he's not Iniesta either. I remember saying long time ago that in normal matches he can be played alot, but in important matches he has no room, and right now I still think the same.

At the end Barca is doing the same thing as Spain. Spain usually played a boring game with an overbooing in the midfield to make room for "Busquets/Alonso", because the coach always wanted both to play. Spain won things, but that's because they have the best players, not because their game was the best. Now Tito is doing exactly the same thing here, to play both Cesc/Iniesta, we now have a 4-4-2, and our ass is only alive because Messi will always score, but in important matches you can't expect Messi to score every single time.

I say that our best lineup is the one we used to win the last champions, because that's the line up where our game was really really great, but even tho we keep winning matches, I haven't seen that game yet.

Last edited:

SoMa

From the club they have said 2 things about Villa since the season started:

1. Villa will be our winer transfer.
2. He is not leaving the squad.

The rest is all brit tabloid rumors.

He went a year without play, I think the plan the club had set out form him was that once ha had recovered from his injury, he still needed to regain match fitness. He was used the first half of the season as a last 15 min sub and given the easy cup games. Now lets see if he starts getting minutes in the important games. Thats what I think, but if he doesn't get any time vs Madrid then i'm obviously wrong.

barcanuck

Had a good game. The assist for Messi's third was class.

Let's be realistic though, he played 90 minutes because he isn't going to start on wednesday.

I know sadly this is true.

Had a top class game and considering Alba and Iniesta weren't on the left to help him out he impressed me that much more. If he leaves in the summer we have to replace him with Neymar, anything else would be a step down from the legend of Guaje.

dmode

I say that our best lineup is the one we used to win the last champions, because that's the line up where our game was really really great, but even tho we keep winning matches, I haven't seen that game yet.

The best line-up is the one that has broken all La Liga records, is a goal scoring machine, has Messi on fire, and has the top 3 assist providers in La Liga

Vapor

If he doesn't start against Madrid I won't be mad, it's a virtually impossible situation.

Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi are all absolutely on fire and are absolutely crucial in creating chances for us. Putting Villa on in substitue for Iniesta or Cesc is a tough call.

HOWEVER, if we are lacking in creativity I don't think the coaching staff should hestitate at all to throw Villa in. My guess is that they will bring him on around the 60 minute mark anyway.

Altho, I wouldn't be surprised however if they surprise a lot of us and start him anyway. Tactically he could prove very advantageous. Yes Iniesta is the god damn man and has been tearing up the left wing all season, but Villa is DEADLY, and with Xavi + Fabregas/Iniesta + Messi providing through balls and opportunities, there's no one on the team I'd rather have finishing chances than Villa.

I mean when you think about it, Villa's goalscoring/overall attacking prowess/creativity is just about equal to the value of Cesc's chance-creation, beautiful lobs/through balls and attacking runs. So no matter if Villa or Cesc starts I'll be a happy camper... they're both probably going to play at some point anyway. The issue is who will be more lethal at the start of the game to throw Madrid off... that's the key.

Last edited:
N

Noldorin

If he doesn't start against Madrid I won't be mad, it's a virtually impossible situation.

Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi are all absolutely on fire and are absolutely crucial in creating chances for us. Putting Villa on in substitue for Iniesta and Cesc is a tough call.

HOWEVER, if we are lacking in creativity I don't think the coaching staff should hestitate at all to throw Villa in. My guess is that they will bring him on around the 60 minute mark anyway.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised however if they surprise a lot of us and start him anyway. Tactically he could prove very advantageous. Yes Iniesta is the god damn man and has been tearing up the left wing all season, but Villa is DEADLY, and with Xavi+Fabregas+Messi providing through balls and opportunities, there's no one on the team I'd rather have finishing chances than Villa.

I mean when you think about it, Villa's goalscoring/overall attacking prowess/creativity is just about equal to the value of Cesc's chance-creation, beautiful lobs/through balls and attacking runs. So no matter if Villa or Cesc starts I'll be a happy camper... they're both probably going to play at some point anyway. The issue is who will be more lethal at the start of the game to throw Madrid off... that's the key.

Fair points there. I still doubt he'll be started, but I can easily see him as a power sub for Cesc!

Indeed, Villa will be hard to replace. Neymar is a possibility, but I'm worried he may not mesh well with the Barca style. Since he's not available under after the World Cup in 2014 anyway, I'd like to see Deulofeu given a chance in the first team next season. Dongou also is very promising for the future Barca wing.

Fair points there. I still doubt he'll be started, but I can easily see him as a power sub for Cesc!

Indeed, Villa will be hard to replace. Neymar is a possibility, but I'm worried he may not mesh well with the Barca style. Since he's not available under after the World Cup in 2014 anyway, I'd like to see Deulofeu given a chance in the first team next season. Dongou also is very promising for the future Barca wing.

Neymar-Messi (in his prime)-Deulofeu up front would be fucking awesome. Deulofeu's still like 18, I don't see him being a regular for another 3 years or so. We might use him as a power sub until then though. Until Deulofeu is a little older, it'll probably be Iniesta-Messi-Neymar up front.
As for that Dongou guy, he won't be breaking in to the first time for a looooong time. But when he does, It'll be Neymar-Dongou-Deulofeu up front, maybe with an older Messi in midfield to feed them. Holy shit.

It's a shame about Villa though. He's such a quality player. And when Neymar comes in, he'll probably get even less playing time. I can see why he's not being started right now though. Our current lineup with Iniesta on the left wing is too good to pass up. It's been godly so far. Use Villa as a power sub this season. Maybe we can squeeze him back into the lineup eventually, but we definitely shouldn't risk it against RM.

Btw, reports that Arsenal opened talks with Barca for Villa. Any credibility?

Last edited:

CatalinR10

David Villa yesterday played his 99th official game for Barcelona #fcblive Record: 78W - 16D - 5L, Goals: 42, Assists: 12 [via @barcastat]

Start him against Real on wednesday so he could score a goal on his 100'th game for Barca.

images

David Villa yesterday played his 99th official game for Barcelona #fcblive Record: 78W - 16D - 5L, Goals: 42, Assists: 12 [via @barcastat]

Start him against Real on wednesday so he could score a goal on his 100'th game for Barca.

images

We should definitely bring him on as a super-sub. It would be awesome for his 100th game for Barca to be against RM, especially if he gets a goal. And he'd be great as a super sub. Still though, we shouldn't tinker with the starting lineup that's worked so well so far this season. It's too big a risk IMO.

loozy

TBH it's not like Arsenal are just going to go out and tell SS and inform every other club that they're interested.

TBH with a big signing like this, they would do it because Wenger knows he is under pressure when it comes to signings.

Superfly

Banned
TBH with a big signing like this, they would do it because Wenger knows he is under pressure when it comes to signings.

It doesn't make any sense though. For example, if Wenger did say in public he's interested, it would just mean a club like City (who'd probably be looking for another striker if the Balotelli rumours are true) would swoop in at the last second and offer more money. If by any chance Arsenal and Barcelona were talking to each other regarding Villa, no way in hell would they be blabbing to anybody about it.

Home of Barca Fans