David Villa

Stric

I guess one factor as to why he doesn't try the right is reluctance from him or Tito. Playing Villa on the right would change the system (Which is working really well) and force Villa to adapt even though he's in the twilight of his career. It's too much of a hassle on a player who could possibly leave in the summer and is too old to be making changes in his playing style. Villa on the right would work in theory, but I'm sure it hasn't happened for a reason.

This is a viable explanation, and also the only one I could think of myself. Although I do think it has more to do with it being unusual for Villa, not so much the system. I wouldn't see the harm in at least trying it out in the final minutes of a decided match if I was the coach, though. It comes at no cost.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
This is a viable explanation, and also the only one I could think of myself. Although I do think it has more to do with it being unusual for Villa, not so much the system. I wouldn't see the harm in at least trying it out in the final minutes of a decided match if I was the coach, though. It comes at no cost.

Yea I don't see why not, but I doubt the coaches would do it. Besides, with Pedro performing it's not like we're in a dire need of a new goalscorer on the right.

Stric

Yea I don't see why not, but I doubt the coaches would do it. Besides, with Pedro performing it's not like we're in a dire need of a new goalscorer on the right.

Yep, Pedro's current form is what makes this less necessary and of course even less probable. But it would be cool to see Villa come in for Pedro, with Iniesta and Cesc remaining where they were. That would be the deadliest attack I can imagine. :lol:

CatalinR10

530821_552277128145841_1530051254_n.jpg

Maria

Pedro is irreplaceable. He offers much more than villa or any other wide forward.. Speed, stamina, finishing. Villa is below par right now.. Even 10-11 pedro was much more vital than villa. Since 09 pedro is essential, and we suffer when he is out of form
I would say that he is even more vital this year because we play with 2 atacking FBs and we defend so bad in transition(especially Dani Alves, who even though has improved he's not what he used to be)..so we can't afford to play with 3 players in atack(Messi, Villa, Iniesta) who defend when they feel like it. Only for that reason Pedro will play, especially in an El Clasico..in the end we're talking about the best team, not about the best players.
Gooners have created a free David Villa campaign on Twitter. Lol.

I was one of those cules who was embarrassed by the whole Cesc-saga and I thought that the gooners felt the same, but it looks like their memory is short. I hope that we sell Villa to City or any club but Arsenal, for that matter. Or even better, keep him until Neymar comes. :wub:

Last edited:

ivan22

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/17k4xj/villa_wants_to_join_arsenal_now_barca_wont_let/

Quim Domènech Puigbó, a respected Barcelona source (who broke Valdes' contract amongst others) said last night on Spanish TV (https://twitter.com/PUNTOPELOTA) that David Villa has spoken to Arsene Wenger over the phone, and also Santi Cazorla, and he wants to join Arsenal. FCB want to hold onto him, but Villa wants to leave asap. He thinks its likely he will join Arsenal in the summer, but Villa is pushing for a move in January. Arsenal are the club that most interests Villa.

https://twitter.com/quimdomenech

You can see an English translational he has RT on that page.

I can't find a rehash of this story in the English media, (which goes to show how terrible they are really) but this is a genuine 'development' that was broke last night around 2am.

edit: haha those gooners

Honestly, Barca can fuck right off if they don't let us have Villa. For all their posturing, they are a club that lacks any moral fibre and if they deny us this deal we should refuse to ever do business with them again. They are complete hypocrites. Imagine if Villa was playing for Arsenal and wanted to go to Barca, all the Barca players would be talking shit in the media saying that we are keeping him against his will etc.. Barcelona make me fucking sick. Hope Real Madrid fucking stuff those catalan cunts tonight.

they just don't know how to do business. "if they don't let us have Villa" mimimi, as if you get something for free in this world.

Last edited:
J

jtmx12

Well they are right to be angry... anyways

Barca gets their best player & captain from Arsenal, when Barca didn't even need him because they already had an overbooking of midfielders...

However, Arsenal can't get Villa, a guy that isn't a good player to be a starter for Tito, and always ends up in the bench.

Imagine this scenario... Arsenal gets Messi, our best player, when they already had Ronaldo and we can't even get Song from them when we really needed it... I'd be mad as well :)

F

Flavia

Barca gets their best player & captain from Arsenal, when Barca didn't even need him because they already had an overbooking of midfielders...

However, Arsenal can't get Villa, a guy that isn't a good player to be a starter for Tito, and always ends up in the bench.

Imagine this scenario... Arsenal gets Messi, our best player, when they already had Ronaldo and we can't even get Song from them when we really needed it... I'd be mad as well :)

Who said Villa wants to go to arsenal, though? I hope he goes someplace else on the summer, he deserves a better team.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
He won't leave now with his baby just being born. In the summer it will happen though and it will be a sad day if he leaves on his current form.

We didn't "get" anyone, we bought them and Arsenal sold them. End of story.

Home of Barca Fans