David Villa

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
We have a guaje junior :wub:!
g2dpQCQF

Look how happy they are for him lol. Especially Xavi!

Maria

Some players are happy in the bench because they know their talent is short. A player like Villa that has won everything and was the top goalscorer in the Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010 and has a bunch of millions € in his bank account, doesn't really care about money anymore, only cares about keep playing, because he loves the game, and because he wants to retire even as a bigger legend in Spain, helping them to hopefully get the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup & the World Cup 2014. In order to do that, he needs playing time, something Barca can't give him and that's the reason why he's not happy.

Tito and the staff thinks they can do well without Villa so I don't really care if he stays or leaves to Arsenal or another team, I just hope that he willget play a lot in the next half season, because he deserves it.

It's nice to see that you know Villa and Tito so well and you know their desires, their believes and their capabilities. Unfortunately I don't have the same power and I can only judge them by their performances on the pitch and on the bench. And until now I can say that everybody has what they deserve because I don't see them train every day..and I say this even though it saddens me to see Bartra get 1000 less minutes than Varane and even though I believe that he deserves more. But I must believe that Tito does what's best for the team because in the end I'm a cule, not a Bartra and not even a Messi, Xavi or Iniesta fanboy.
And maybe I should just shut up and accept that a team like Barca will always have fans that only care about their favourite player, but it pains me to see that Villa's benching is harder to accept than those of Dani Alves, Pedro or Pique, players that have been more important for us then Villa will ever be.
yeah its like cesc isnt on the top of his form so villa should replace him immediately now...pffff..
You don't understand, this isn't about what Cesc, Pedro or Iniesta deserve..this is about what Villa deserves and for many true cules, he doesn't deserve to be the 16th player at a club like Barca..he should be no. 1 at a club like Arsenal and fight for the 4th spot every year..and for being fit.

Stric

You don't understand, this isn't about what Cesc, Pedro or Iniesta deserve..this is about what Villa deserves

Actually, you don't understand. All he said was that Cesc shouldn't be on the bench because he's on his best form now. It was a question of whether it's Cesc or Pedro who should be "sacrificed", in the context of what I said about incorporating Villa into the team. The entire thing had nothing to do with Villa staying or leaving Barcelona.

N

Noldorin

yeah its like cesc isnt on the top of his form so villa should replace him immediately now...pffff..

Yeah, because it makes so much sense putting Villa on the right wing, where he's hardly ever player. He's a right-footed player, in case you forgot!

In any case, his goal-scoring potential is much higher than Fàbregas, even if his midfield play isn't it. He deserves to share the time.

N

Noldorin

That's true, Pedro has come back to his best form almost. But it's just a hypothetical situation. I meant it in terms of what we've been seeing for most of the season. If we use our best line-up, that means Iniesta at LW, with Cesc and Xavi in midfield. With Iniesta kicking so much ass at LW, and Cesc playing as good as he has been in midfield, I'd rather put Villa at RW (presuming this could work) instead of Pedro than at LW instead of Iniesta, with Cesc on the bench. But then again, it's just a hypothetical question, presuming that Cesc plays at his best and Pedro is on a scoring drought. In that case, I'd like to see the experiement of Villa at RW. But with Pedro playing as well as he has been for the last few games, I have no problem with him retaining his RW spot. :) It's just that in usual conditions, if we wanted to play Villa for the better part of a game, I'd rather see, for example, Villa play 70 mins and Pedro 20, then Villa 70 and Cesc 20. Cesc's playing has just been too good to not take maximum advantage of. But with our current situation, Pedro and Cesc playing most of the game and Villa and whoever (Alexis, Tello) coming on later has been working out well. It's just kinda sad for Villa, that's all.

Yeah, fair enough. It's a tough choice really. What we really need is 12 men on the pitch. ;) But rotating is probably the best idea -- between Villa, Pedro, and Cesc. (For god's sake, let's just leave Alexis out of the equation altogether and sell him come summer.)

It's a significant disappointment for the team and fans when either Villa or Cesc doesn't play. I think it's fair to say either would be immediate starters in any other team in the world; we just have too much talent in midfield and up-front.

Stric

Yeah, because it makes so much sense putting Villa on the right wing, where he's hardly ever player. He's a right-footed player, in case you forgot!

In any case, his goal-scoring potential is much higher than Fàbregas, even if his midfield play isn't it. He deserves to share the time.

He's actually ambidextrous. I'm not saying he's not more comfortable on the left, but as I said, I think it's at least worth a shot. It's all hypothetical. If we can put Alexis there :facepalm: I don't see a reason why we couldn't at least try to put Villa in once and see how it goes. But, yes, regardless of how fond I am of Cesc's playing this season, I'd gladly see him sit out a game here and there and see Villa get some serious time, when he's on form.

Yeah, fair enough. It's a tough choice really. What we really need is 12 men on the pitch. ;) But rotating is probably the best idea -- between Villa, Pedro, and Cesc. (For god's sake, let's just leave Alexis out of the equation altogether and sell him come summer.)

It's a significant disappointment for the team and fans when either Villa or Cesc doesn't play. I think it's fair to say either would be immediate starters in any other team in the world; we just have too much talent in midfield and up-front.

Yep, that rotation idea seems fine to me. And I agree with the last part, as well. We don't have enough room to play all our amazing players at once. :lol:

I wouldn't even mind seeing Villa-Cesc-Messi tried out, but that's not going to happen. Not that we'd ever need it so much or anything, I just think it'd be interesting to see.

N

Noldorin

He's actually ambidextrous. I'm not saying he's not more comfortable on the left, but as I said, I think it's at least worth a shot. It's all hypothetical. If we can put Alexis there :facepalm: I don't see a reason why we couldn't at least try to put Villa in once and see how it goes. But, yes, regardless of how fond I am of Cesc's playing this season, I'd gladly see him sit out a game here and there and see Villa get some serious time, when he's on form.

Yep, that rotation idea seems fine to me. And I agree with the last part, as well. We don't have enough room to play all our amazing players at once. :lol:

I wouldn't even mind seeing Villa-Cesc-Messi tried out, but that's not going to happen. Not that we'd ever need it so much or anything, I just think it'd be interesting to see.

Yeah, Villa-Cesc-Messi would be great to watch, no doubt, but I too suspect it will never happen (unless maybe Pedro gets injured). Oh, and what annoyed me more than anything is when Alexis was getting time ahead of Villa AND Cesc towards the start of the season. Oh dear!

Villa is pretty good with his left foot too, that's true, though I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling him ambidextrous. Now, Adriano is truly ambidextrous for example, but he's probably the only one our team who is so. They're very rare indeed.

In any case, between Villa and Cesc I think it depends what tactics Vilanova wants to employ. If Barca want top-notch playmaking, then playing Cesc in midfield and Iniesta on the wing is ideal (with a lot of freedom of position). If they want a more direct attack on the wing, then Villa probably. I can sympathise with either choice really.

Meitux

i didnt say he should replace anybody..... i would like to play our best line up in the first game in the bernabeu with iniesta in left wing and cesc in midfield....even thought i would like so much to see villa in the game there, its unlikely to see him start

Stric

Yeah, Villa-Cesc-Messi would be great to watch, no doubt, but I too suspect it will never happen (unless maybe Pedro gets injured). Oh, and what annoyed me more than anything is when Alexis was getting time ahead of Villa AND Cesc towards the start of the season. Oh dear!

Villa is pretty good with his left foot too, that's true, though I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling him ambidextrous. Now, Adriano is truly ambidextrous for example, but he's probably the only one our team who is so. They're very rare indeed.

In any case, between Villa and Cesc I think it depends what tactics Vilanova wants to employ. If Barca want top-notch playmaking, then playing Cesc in midfield and Iniesta on the wing is ideal (with a lot of freedom of position). If they want a more direct attack on the wing, then Villa probably. I can sympathise with either choice really.

I agree with everything. My logic, however, was - if we can put Alexis at RW, and he can't score with either foot :facepalm: then why not even try Villa who can play almost equally as good with both.

Pedro, BTW! He must be one of the most ambidextrous players I've seen.

N

Noldorin

Yes, Pedro is actually very ambidextrous! People also underestimate his speed. Even if he doesn't score, he does very well at making space and setting up chances usually.

Haha, Alexis has only scored with his head in recent memory, in fact. Time for Barça to cut their losses, in my view... they've got to stop clinging on to a mediocrely talented player in awful form.

Vapor

It's pretty great that one of our biggest problems is not being able to play all of our badass players at the same time :p I'm sure that's a problem any team would gladly take on lol

It is always a disappointment when either Villa or Fabregas have to sit out. But on the flip-side... it's always awesome to watch when either one of them IS playing. Whether it's Villa on or Fabregas on you know you're going to see some magic. It's simultaneously a great and a shitty situation at the same time lol.

I WOULD like to see Tito do some experimenting later on in the season with some different line-ups, figuring out some ways to play both Villa, Cesc, Iniesta, Xavi and Messi all at the same time. That is just the most lethal attack force you could literally imagine. I think trying Villa on the right would be an awesome experiment... maybe we can try that out in a liga game or something, and if it works out brilliantly than we have ANOTHER lineup option in our arsenal for the Champions League.

Stric

I WOULD like to see Tito do some experimenting later on in the season with some different line-ups, figuring out some ways to play both Villa, Cesc, Iniesta, Xavi and Messi all at the same time. That is just the most lethal attack force you could literally imagine. I think trying Villa on the right would be an awesome experiment... maybe we can try that out in a liga game or something, and if it works out brilliantly than we have ANOTHER lineup option in our arsenal for the Champions League.

--Villa-----------Messi--
---------Cesc----------
-----------------------
---Iniesta----Xavi------
-------Busquets--------

--Iniesta----------Villa--
---------Messi----------
------------------------
---Cesc-------Xavi------
-------Busquets--------

Vapor

--Villa-----------Messi--
---------Cesc----------
-----------------------
---Iniesta----Xavi------
-------Busquets--------

--Iniesta----------Villa--
---------Messi----------
------------------------
---Cesc-------Xavi------
-------Busquets--------

I think either one of those would be absolutely deadly

Stric

I think either one of those would be absolutely deadly

Yup. Which begs the question - how come it has never been tried before? Surely you could say that both Villa and Messi don't play RW, but with our front three playing as narrow as they have been this season (with fullbacks providing width), it's not really that big of a deal. Messi could definitely do it if he wanted to, and Villa, although not a RW, would undoubtedly be better than Alexis. Besides, I think I remember Messi playing pretty much as RW on one or two occasions earlier this season. And also, at some point we used a kind of a 4-4-2 with Messi and Villa up front, except it was Thiago in the midfield. But it's really not that different from that first system I sketched. It can be done.

Home of Barca Fans