David Villa

loozy

tumblr_mi093cawnW1rjev45o1_1280.jpg

:party1:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I thought he started off poorly, you could definitely notice that he's lost a lot of speed and lacked confidence. Hopefully his goal will change the latter though :)

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
For what it's worth, he has 5 league goals in only 7 starts this year.

But please, keep crying about Neymar and Eto'o.

ShandyFFM

MVP ALL THE WAY BABY ... hope to start next clasico like this .. even if it means cesc will be out.... guess MVC isnt sooo good against real or not?

Scottro

I thought he started off poorly, you could definitely notice that he's lost a lot of speed and lacked confidence. Hopefully his goal will change the latter though :)

You might want to take a look at Villa's goal again and see if you still think he has lost alot of speed. He was sandwiched between two defender with approx 6 feet between them when the pass was played in, and he went from being onside at the 19 yard line to being 6 feet behind both defenders at the six when he took the shot.

Villa's most productive season was 2008-2009 when he scored 30 goals and averaged a goal every 108 minutes played. Villa was universally considered one of the elite strikers in all of Europe it was a huge signing by Barca. This season so far he is scoring on average every 111 minutes played and he is considered too slow and out of form because the coaching staff refuses to play him. Villa is being treated terribly IMO.

ShandyFFM

You might want to take a look at Villa's goal again and see if you still think he has lost alot of speed. He was sandwiched between two defender with approx 6 feet between them when the pass was played in, and he went from being onside at the 19 yard line to being 6 feet behind both defenders at the six when he took the shot.

Villa's most productive season was 2008-2009 when he scored 30 goals and averaged a goal every 108 minutes played. Villa was universally considered one of the elite strikers in all of Europe it was a huge signing by Barca. This season so far he is scoring on average every 111 minutes played and he is considered too slow and out of form because the coaching staff refuses to play him. Villa is being treated terribly IMO.

guess that normal when your injured soo long and although hes not the youngest anymore.. 31 year you will lose some speed but he can replace that with his shooting like he did today between the legs of that goalie and although i think he has learned from his injurie to play a bit more tricky... but its just imo

Mr Hulot

I will hate the world we live in, if we ship out Villa to accommodate another superstar-forward arrival. Villa is tactically brilliant and his decision making is exceptional...I agree that he has lost some of his pace, but when 90% of the time you play against parked buses it doesn't matter at all...He is a very good guy and as he is older he can accept his role as a rotation player. Every game he plays is a little bit better, so it is true that his injury was an issue..
In :villa: we trust!

Cule4life

The Culest
He needs to play more to get into rhythm. Unless you play regularly your body doesnt get used to the rigours of football. Hopefully he starts against Granada next weekend and gets a sub appearance in the Milan game. We can use Villa for resting players ahead of the gruelling matches in the Copa and CL. It will also make us more unpredictable against the opposition

I'm not completely against signing Aguero, Neymar or another forward, but a CB and a GK should definitely be the priority. Especially if our wingers keep playing like they did today.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans