David Villa

Me55i D105

Here's all the plays from Villa against Real Madrid. With Villa we always were alive in the match, close to scoring and attacking. The fact that Mourinho (you could heard it on TV) told Callejon a "winger" to help Essein in the left wing to block Villa (and it was a good call looking at the video), pretty much sums up how much of a threat he is. IMO, now looking at the highlights, I can realize that Villa's game was pretty good, and he did all he could. Callejon was constantly reading Alba's movements and blocked the passes from Villa and Callejon did look pretty fast against our "Bolt" Alba.

IMO the problem was that Alves & Pedro were useless in the right side, unlike Alba & Villa, that were a threat always on the left. Then there's Thiago, who had a bad match and we need a fit Xavi or a fit Cesc in the midfield. Then there's the mistake from Mascherano, which just shows how bad is our defense right now, and once again another goal from a corner, sucks.

My only hope is that Villa was benched to save him for the match against Milan because if we wanted to go for a win, Pedro had to leave for Alexis or Tello.

This would be my line up against Milan

Valdes
Adriano Puyol Pique Alba
Cesc Busquets Iniesta (Xavi is not fit, don't force him again)

then for the front thee two plans:

a) Messi - (Alexis/Pedro) - Villa (this would be pretty nice, because right now Alexis & Pedro are not doing much, so it's best to have them in like a static "9" forcing Milan to have 2 defenders on them, and that will leave more space for Villa & Messi in the wings and Alexis/Pedro will still have a chance to score just been as a 9) and Messi can destroy the right wing with Adriano, and Villa can destroy the left wing with Alba & Iniesta.

B) Tello Messi Villa - Attacking normally, as we know, with Pedro in the bench. IMO, I'd rather go for the a), since it will surprise Milan and we could get a better result.

That is spot on, you could see that Adriano does a hell of a lot more than Alves during the Madrid game and as long as Villa plays it should be fine. But I doubt the management listens or reads to reason and therefore it is how it is. I read that they will start with 4 or 5 attackers during the Milan match which is something that worked during the start of the season against other teams when Barca were losing and it worked, but against Milan and a solid defense I just don't see it working. I just hope they somehow can think of a tactic which will crush Milan, otherwise this season will just be 1 title season.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Glory hunters man. never mind them, hopefully we get knocked out by Milan and these people fuck off and never come back.

I hate all the members who call other members glory hunters and think that makes them look cool .. they may fuck off first, the rest will follow.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No need for that language but I agree with you. Most of those who've been throwing "gloryhunters" mantra have started following Barca since pep took over, or in Frank's era. Not that it matters when someone started his Barca affair but only shows their hypocrisy.

I can remember Barca sides from Cruyff era and still never thought it right to attack someone that way. I can speak for myself that I started supporting Barca because I thought certain Stojkovic played there but then I realized this was not him, but Stoichkov. :lol:
I mean what are you going to grab on as a kid? Some hipster's tactical analysis? Not that we had those in those days nor would I understand it anyway. Some like the shirts and fall for the club. Some idolize a player, from Romario to Ronaldinho, etc.. Nothing wrong with that. Anything that brings you closer to the club. It's a game of football in the end ffs, not a thesis on solving the economic crisis.

Those who think they are the only true fans because of whatever they imagine in their minds can indeed f... off. We don't need self-righteous and betterthanyouall delusional idiots in here.

BigBarcaBoy

Spot on comments, some people just can't seem to handle a couple of bad results without losing their minds, yes the last week or so has been as bad as it has been for a while but put things into perspective, we should still win the league and still have hope in the CL.

abual3bed1

No need for that language but I agree with you. Most of those who've been throwing "gloryhunters" mantra have started following Barca since pep took over, or in Frank's era. Not that it matters when someone started his Barca affair but only shows their hypocrisy.

I can remember Barca sides from Cruyff era and still never thought it right to attack someone that way. I can speak for myself that I started supporting Barca because I thought certain Stojkovic played there but then I realized this was not him, but Stoichkov. :lol:
I mean what are you going to grab on as a kid? Some hipster's tactical analysis? Not that we had those in those days nor would I understand it anyway. Some like the shirts and fall for the club. Some idolize a player, from Romario to Ronaldinho, etc.. Nothing wrong with that. Anything that brings you closer to the club. It's a game of football in the end ffs, not a thesis on solving the economic crisis.

Those who think they are the only true fans because of whatever they imagine in their minds can indeed f... off. We don't need self-righteous and betterthanyouall delusional idiots in here.

:worthy:

E

estranged

Nah mate not self righteousness or delusion here :) You're mostly spot on there but what you described doesn't constitute a gloryhunter. You only need to look carefully at what some posters say after a bad result or when a player fails to live up to expectation to realise what those posters are (Like the one I quoted and the other guy who quoted me, although I always go out of my way to not read his comments and wish he would do the same for me). I call them gloryhunters not only because thats what they are, but also because it seems to touch a nerve as it did just now. Obviously everyone is entitled to an opinion and I hate that I'm a better fan than you bullshit as much as the next man, but there's definitely a line between genuine fans and those who are too used to winning.

CesDel

Let's just say if that would have been Alexis... oh the horror :smiley_scared:

Btw, although I think its fine what Villa did, I do wonder if the Spanish media will attack Villa as much as they did with Messi for screaming at Tello..

E

estranged

Probably should have scored... atleast some good movement

Don't want to open a can of worms, but I much rather prefer seeing Villa play like this (miss chances) than Pedro start and stay invisible for 90 minutes, we must realise that those runs and his movement generates a lot of panic in defenders and results in them losing their shape over the course of 90 minutes, paving the way for another attacker to take advantage of the situation, i.e. Messi. Movement up front is what we need.

CesDel

Don't want to open a can of worms, but I much rather prefer seeing Villa play like this (miss chances) than Pedro start and stay invisible for 90 minutes, we must realise that those runs and his movement generates a lot of panic in defenders and results in them losing their shape over the course of 90 minutes, paving the way for another attacker to take advantage of the situation, i.e. Messi. Movement up front is what we need.

Same here...

desoe

I know that Villa never plays a full game anyway, but this sub could mean he's starting on Tuesday.

spark

I watched again his freekick against Milan, goal against Manchester United and the one curved around Casillas from outside the box. I dont know if he can still score or shoot like that since his injury but they made me pumped for the Milan game. In 2011 he hit a scoring crisis, then came that goal against Manchester. Only legends seize the big moments like that so hopefully there's something similar on Tuesday. From the bench or otherwise.

F

Flavia

Agreed. Pedro's doing nothing remarkable lately, Villa could've scored today. I hope taking him out on the 60 min meant he will start against Milan.

Home of Barca Fans