Deco

Windhook

Unfair to Deco to put Roque's transfer solely to his name. It was Alemany who cooked the deal, Deco was intermediate at most, probably, as the transfer happened in July 2023, when he was still unofficial next SD.

Messi983

@BarcaSpaces

- Arda Guler
- Lucas Bergvall
- Estevao Willian
- Jorthy Mokio
- Jaden Philogene
- Amadou Onana
- Nico Williams

Questions have to be asked of Deco’s inability to close deals. Questions have to be asked of Deco’s insistence on Dani Olmo. Questions questions

PS: No wonder this is the outcome of a guy who was hired because he was buddy of the right people

I actually think Deco is the only sane person in this club. Not his fault Fatporta couldn't get that Libero money for over a year amongst many other things.

If anything these names alongside the signings of Faye, Darvich, Pau Victor, Gerard Martin and Mbacke prove he's a good talent evaluator. Probably not the best negotiator but I think that's more down to the club financial situation. Give him a normal summer when he can spend 200m and someone should lock Laporta away for 3 months so he won't meddle into transfers and see what Deco will do. I think you would be positively surprised.

Arda - wanted to leave Turkey immediately, we couldn't afford to register him last year so tried to leave him there on loan which he rejected

Bergvall - would sign with us if Xavi wouldn't announce he's leaving few days before so he had second thoughts and obviously when Tottenham offered a much better package it was over (Kulu probably played a role as well convincing him).

Estevao - just can't compete with Chelsea these days

Mokio - don't know exactly what was going on here but based on his dad's statement I think how we've dealt with Faye and Roque played a role here. Agents know we have little patience with foreign youngsters.

Philogene - don't think we were ever seriously interested, it was mostly his agent using Barca to generate interest

Onana - we gave priority to Nico (whether that was right or wrong it's another question) and he didn't want to wait for so long. Don't think we were ever in a position to "close the deal" with him though as negotiations never progressed that far. Maybe we had verbal agreement with his agent about wages but never seriously negotiated with Everton.

Nico - he wanted to stay at his beloved club, what could Deco do?

As for Olmo as said before I think that's purely Laporta's signing with a blessing from Bumsi (but he's just a yes man so if Laporta would say he doesn't like Olmo then Flick would be ok with that as well).

Don't think Deco likes Olmo all that much but he has to do what big boss wants.

jamrock

I actually think Deco is the only sane person in this club. Not his fault Fatporta couldn't get that Libero money for over a year amongst many other things.

If anything these names alongside the signings of Faye, Darvich, Pau Victor, Gerard Martin and Mbacke prove he's a good talent evaluator. Probably not the best negotiator but I think that's more down to the club financial situation. Give him a normal summer when he can spend 200m and someone should lock Laporta away for 3 months so he won't meddle into transfers and see what Deco will do. I think you would be positively surprised.

Arda - wanted to leave Turkey immediately, we couldn't afford to register him last year so tried to leave him there on loan which he rejected

Bergvall - would sign with us if Xavi wouldn't announce he's leaving few days before so he had second thoughts and obviously when Tottenham offered a much better package it was over (Kulu probably played a role as well convincing him).

Estevao - just can't compete with Chelsea these days

Mokio - don't know exactly what was going on here but based on his dad's statement I think how we've dealt with Faye and Roque played a role here. Agents know we have little patience with foreign youngsters.

Philogene - don't think we were ever seriously interested, it was mostly his agent using Barca to generate interest

Onana - we gave priority to Nico (whether that was right or wrong it's another question) and he didn't want to wait for so long. Don't think we were ever in a position to "close the deal" with him though as negotiations never progressed that far. Maybe we had verbal agreement with his agent about wages but never seriously negotiated with Everton.

Nico - he wanted to stay at his beloved club, what could Deco do?

As for Olmo as said before I think that's purely Laporta's signing with a blessing from Bumsi (but he's just a yes man so if Laporta would say he doesn't like Olmo then Flick would be ok with that as well).

Isn't Olmo a xavi signing?

khaled_a_d

@BarcaSpaces

- Arda Guler
- Lucas Bergvall

We were outbid for both, nothing Deco could have done.

- Estevao Willian
- Jaden Philogene
- Amadou Onana

We didn't make an offer for any of the 3, WTF is he even talking about.
Estevao is a direct competition for Lamine and Diarra, it made zero since to go after him.
Philogene have been already proved to be an agent PR, Barca were never after him.
We were linked with Onana, but club decided against getting him.

We closed the deal with the agent, the player at the end decided to stay due to family. Nothing an SD can change the outcome.

- Jorthy Mokio

This is the only deal he failed at, but honestly not sure why anyone would be mad about it. Deco has already found 2 gems at CB with Faye & Fall, we have Cubarsi who is just a year older. Jorthy thought Ajax provide an easier path to first team.

Questions have to be asked of Deco’s inability to close deals. Questions have to be asked of Deco’s insistence on Dani Olmo. Questions questions

"Close the deal" might be the most vague phrase used in the football market. It is essentially a "pay whatever they want" in this context.

This a negotiation process were agents and clubs use the bidders against each other until they are sure about the highest bids.

You either play along, or make an offer they know it will be hard for anyone to match and tell them take it or leave it. In our financial situation we don't have such ability. We made our best efforts and got outbid, welcome to our financial reality.

Deco went for high potential talents, before him we went for guys like Emre Demir, Yusuf Demir, Pocho. Now we went after the Arda, Lucas of the world. While getting Faye and Darvich for peanuts.

The Omlo deal doesn't make sense atm, unless we are selling someone, but like every deal we need to see how it works tbh. In reality this is the first deal for him in terms of 1st team signing.

khaled_a_d

I don't think Olmo is Laporta's signing.
Laporta always let the guys decide the transfers, with very rare exceptions like Felix, partially as a payment for Mendes. And tbh Felix wasn't a bad deal at all considering the term of the deal.

Messi983

Olmo fits into the Catalan/Barca DNA quota we usually like to sign. Won't say he is exclusively Laporta's signing but think he was much more pushing for him than Deco.

Yeah, forgot about Ibrahim Diarra as well. Can't wait until he joins us.

BTW, any news about that Ghanaian LB?

JamDav1982

Poor list. Overspent and wrong profiles as a group.

Still paying for some of them now.

Add that to a god awful contrat given to Fati when not needed and so much funds that could have been better allocated for the team.

Lewa at 50m and these huge wages is atrocious and always was short sighted beyond belief.

TheStig

Will he stay after this horrible transfer window? Laporta will need a fall guy and he's the one who didn't do anything. How long is he SD? More than a year I think, he brought Roque (lol rather not comment on this fiasco) and Olmo who we didn't need. He didn't adress any of our big holes in the squad, he didn't sell anybody, he wasn't capable of closing any of our young targets. What good did he even do?

Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to let an amateur with no experience lead our sporting department? Especially one that we threw out of the club because of his drinking and partying and having bad influence on young players.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans