Defender for next season?

X

xaviniesta

if anybody will say again that masche should be a DMF rather than a CB i will go fucking mental.

Bollocks! Masche is still one of the best DM's there is. Valdes has become definite top 10 in all world. Pique + Puyol are awesome CB's,
Masche is quite good as well. The concern is Puyol's age and physical condition. His playing style is so hard that he won't be able to
pull it off for more than one season. Unfortunately, he will most likely get injured again. Did you see last season how much Puyol has
lost of his pace? Most strikers that get to his side, will also get past him by simply running.

We're set for DM's with Busi and Masche. Masche can then replace either Busi or a CB. But I think we definitely need a CB who is almost
impossible to beat 1 on 1. Like Puyol still was season 10-11. I don't see Masche becoming a regular start for CB. The lowest guy's only
weapon cannot be a sliding tackle. He was so lucky not to get booked more last season. His playing style suits a DM much better.

That's what I said:'(he's not the real CB,)he's just good replacement for real CB'.He is great DM,no doubt,but I would rather have Gerrard for his better technique and kick.Ok,you think Pique is awsome,I respect your oppinion.I think he is pretty good,but not highest quality CB.
I do not agree on Valdes in worlds 10 part.This is my list and we should try to buy someone if we can:
1.Hart
2.Noyer
3.De Gea
4.Cassilas
5.Krul
6.Adler
7.Akinfeev
10.Malafeev

Galning

According to some newspapers Agger will not play in European qualifiers because he would be cup-tied then. Let's see what happens, tonight Liverpool plays at 8 o'clock.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
That's what I said:'(he's not the real CB,)he's just good replacement for real CB'.He is great DM,no doubt,but I would rather have Gerrard for his better technique and kick.Ok,you think Pique is awsome,I respect your oppinion.I think he is pretty good,but not highest quality CB.
I do not agree on Valdes in worlds 10 part.This is my list and we should try to buy someone if we can:
1.Hart
2.Noyer
3.De Gea
4.Cassilas
5.Krul
6.Adler
7.Akinfeev
10.Malafeev

:rofl1:

So Hart is the best goalkeeper in the world? Then there's "Noyer", Casillas and a bunch of Russians. Apart from them all the best gks play in the PL :lol: Even disregarding the lack of Valdes in your list, you seem to have forgotten Buffon who was possibly the best GK in the world last year... Oh, and #8 and #9 too.

Regarding Mascherano:
I'm not sure if you remember it, but he played quite a few games for us as DM. He was really lively and seemed to enjoy himself. The only problem? He was total garbage. He just wasn't suited to be our pivote, because it takes more than an agressive attitude and menacing slide tackles. It takes thought, positioning, sacrifice, technique and passing. It takes someone like Busquets, and Mascherano isn't that someone. Sure, he'll probably be better at it now, seeing as he's improved his passing game, but he's still not close to Busi, and probably even not as good an option as Thiago.

Tembbi

1.Hart
2.Noyer
3.De Gea
4.Cassilas
5.Krul
6.Adler
7.Akinfeev
10.Malafeev

Pique is good because he's tall. We need someone who wins the long balls and corner kicks. That's a fact. I don't know where you got some of goalies from.
Just because they play for worse teams, and thus, save 20 times per game does not make them good. Obviously you will see a lot of wonder saves because
they are under attack all the time. Basically, we need Hart, Casillas, Neuer and Akinfeev on the list. Some are arguable while rest clearly do not belong on the list.

Anyway, I think you are forgetting the fact Valdes is by far the goalie with the best ball technique in the world. How many times do we pass the ball back to him,
and how often does he manage to pass back to the defenders even at very crucial situations? That is why he is so worthy. There is only one goalie in the world I
would even consider and that is Diego Alves, who is arguably the world's best goalie in breakaways and close saves eg. headers from corners etc. Exactly the kind
of goalkeeper we would need. Most goals scored against Valdes are close to impossible save these days and come from close distance. Diego Alves is so good at
saving the impossible close shots. Nevertheless, I think Valdes is more than good especially due to his technical abilities.

Tembbi

Regarding Mascherano:
I'm not sure if you remember it, but he played quite a few games for us as DM. He was really lively and seemed to enjoy himself. The only problem? He was total garbage. He just wasn't suited to be our pivote, because it takes more than an agressive attitude and menacing slide tackles. It takes thought, positioning, sacrifice, technique and passing. It takes someone like Busquets, and Mascherano isn't that someone. Sure, he'll probably be better at it now, seeing as he's improved his passing game, but he's still not close to Busi, and probably even not as good an option as Thiago.

You should remember that Masche had just moved to Barca when he played as a DM and flopped bad. I'm sure you remember how good he was in Pool, don't you?
I know what you mean though. Busi and Thiago are calmer and have better technical as well as passing abilities. However, Masche is much better in defensive end
than either of them. Masche's biggest weakness is that he pretty much slide tackles whenever he sees the ball. If he misses it, and doesn't even hit the opponent,
we're screwed... which is exactly the season I don't like him playing as a CB.

Maria

You should remember that Masche had just moved to Barca when he played as a DM and flopped bad. I'm sure you remember how good he was in Pool, don't you?

He played twice against Osasuna last season as DM and he was awfull..when he played at CB he was second best in La Liga, after Ramos. So I don't understand why he is viewed as such a terrible CB.The only thing I ask is for him is not to be paired again with Puyol because they are too similar..I preffer Mascherano-Pique, Puyol-Pique, Mascherano-Bartra or Puyol-Bartra in the centre of the deffence.

So Hart is the best goalkeeper in the world? Then there's "Noyer", Casillas and a bunch of Russians. Apart from them all the best gks play in the PL :lol: Even disregarding the lack of Valdes in your list, you seem to have forgotten Buffon who was possibly the best GK in the world last year... Oh, and #8 and #9 too.

Ok,maybe for you Hart isn't the best,but believe me,most of the people I talk football with see him as best in this moment in time.Yes,it's 'Neuer',my mistake:blush:-and I learned deutsch in school:blush:
Do you have some problem with the fact that best GKs are in PL?Why?I wish they aren't but,it's life,dude
Buffion was 8. on the list but I removed him 'cause,when I gave it second thought,he doesn't look like he could perform on the highest level anymore...at least not 4 more then 1-2 years...Cech was 9. but I also removed him cause we probbably cant buy him since Chelsea doesn't have propper replacement(Hillario is just as it sounds-Hillarious),and I forgot to redo the numbers

Regarding Mascherano:

Masch is a real game-breaker in the middle and didn't get the nic Pacman 4 nothing.But he lost the touch after so many games like CB...youre right,technique,passing etc are not his weapon but he is a fighter.He really has balls

Regarding Mascherano:

Ok,maybe for you Hart isn't the best,but believe me,most of the people I talk football with see him as best in this moment in time.Yes,it's 'Neuer',my mistake-and I learned deutsch in school

Do you have some problem with the fact that best GKs are in PL?Why?I wish they aren't but,it's life,dude.You think they are in Primera?Ok,I respect your oppinion...
Buffon was 8. on the list but I removed him 'cause,when I gave it second thought,he doesn't look like he could perform on the highest level anymore...at least not 4 more then 1-2 years...Cech was 9. but I also removed him cause we probbably cant buy him since Chelsea doesn't have propper replacement(Hillario is just as it sounds-Hillarious),and I forgot to redo the numbers.

Pique is good because he's tall. We need someone who wins the long balls and corner kicks. That's a fact. I don't know where you got some of goalies from.
Just because they play for worse teams, and thus, save 20 times per game does not make them good. Obviously you will see a lot of wonder saves because
they are under attack all the time. Basically, we need Hart, Casillas, Neuer and Akinfeev on the list. Some are arguable while rest clearly do not belong on the list.

Anyway, I think you are forgetting the fact Valdes is by far the goalie with the best ball technique in the world. How many times do we pass the ball back to him,
and how often does he manage to pass back to the defenders even at very crucial situations? That is why he is so worthy. There is only one goalie in the world I
would even consider and that is Diego Alves, who is arguably the world's best goalie in breakaways and close saves eg. headers from corners etc. Exactly the kind
of goalkeeper we would need. Most goals scored against Valdes are close to impossible save these days and come from close distance. Diego Alves is so good at
saving the impossible close shots. Nevertheless, I think Valdes is more than good especially due to his technical abilities.

Well,I probbably do not value technique that much...at least when concerning GKs.I don't know how would you describe Hart's tech but I only know that scoring when this guy is on goal is almoast impossible!He's a freakin' panther!I want a goalkeeper like that,like Cassilas and others,who frustrate opponent's attakers to the looniehouse!HOW TO SCORE AGAINST HIM?How?I don't care if Hart can't pass technicaly or whatever-guy is incredible!
Who should not be on this list?
I agree,Masch was a middlefield-predator in WH and L'pool,he just forget to be Pacman after all this time being a CB!

Trickykid

As far as I recall Masch started playing dm for us too, and didn't exactly set the world alight. It's clear as day, he just doesn't fit the dm role that Barca needs.

And about Valdes; if you can't see how great a keeper he is for us, then you just don't know football. Simple as that. And you even have the audacity to mention the likes of Krul and Adler as better keepers than Valdes? What the flippin' hell, buddy!?

Tembbi

He played twice against Osasuna last season as DM and he was awfull..when he played at CB he was second best in La Liga, after Ramos. So I don't understand why he is viewed as such a terrible CB.The only thing I ask is for him is not to be paired again with Puyol because they are too similar..I preffer Mascherano-Pique, Puyol-Pique, Mascherano-Bartra or Puyol-Bartra in the centre of the deffence.

I know but it doesn't really give him justice considering he had been playing so long as a CB before that. Switching positions isn't just a snap of fingers.
I'm not trying to prove he would be ideal for Barca. I'm just saying he was given relatively little time to prove himself as a DM, so at least I can't
really judge him. I remember him from Pool where he rocked the midfield. I also don't view him as a terrible CB. I consider him a risk. My heart is always
in my throat when he throws the sliding tackle as the last man.

Home of Barca Fans