Defender for next season?

Tembbi

Well,I probbably do not value technique that much...at least when concerning GKs.I don't know how would you describe Hart's tech but I only know that scoring when this guy is on goal is almoast impossible!He's a freakin' panther!I want a goalkeeper like that,like Cassilas and others,who frustrate opponent's attakers to the looniehouse!HOW TO SCORE AGAINST HIM?How?I don't care if Hart can't pass technicaly or whatever-guy is incredible!
Who should not be on this list?
I agree,Masch was a middlefield-predator in WH and L'pool,he just forget to be Pacman after all this time being a CB!

Goalies are different kind, so I don't really want to rank them but... in no particular order:
Casillas, Neuer, Hart, Stekelenburg, Cech, Buffon, Valdes, Alves, Akinfeev, Lloris

The ones you might question:
Stekelenburg sure was bad in Euro. Forget it. Otherwise he's been rocking.
Buffon carried Juventus that did not lose a single match last season.
Cech alone won UCL for Chelsea.
Alves is the fastest reacting goalie, and thus, also the best spot kick saver. Only goalie last season also to save Messi's and Ronaldo's spot kicks. You all know Ronaldo's hit rate.

De Gea, Adler, Makinfeev, Krul do not belong in top 10.

As far as I recall Masch started playing dm for us too, and didn't exactly set the world alight. It's clear as day, he just doesn't fit the dm role that Barca needs.

And about Valdes; if you can't see how great a keeper he is for us, then you just don't know football. Simple as that. And you even have the audacity to mention the likes of Krul and Adler as better keepers than Valdes? What the flippin' hell, buddy!?

I love PL,it's the best league in Europe.I could't believe how easily N'castle trashed Chelsea and how awsome!!! was Krul.He's one of the greatest talents in the world!
Maybe you're right,maybe I don't know footbal,but...I would rather have 24 year old perspective goalkeeper whose best days are yet to come then 30 year old Valdes whos best days are passed.He's good,don't get me wrong,but we are Barca.Good is not enough.Why do allways other teams have better GKs?
You know football,I dont...We disagree,no problem:pep:.

As far as I recall Masch started playing dm for us too, and didn't exactly set the world alight. It's clear as day, he just doesn't fit the dm role that Barca needs.

And about Valdes; if you can't see how great a keeper he is for us, then you just don't know football. Simple as that. And you even have the audacity to mention the likes of Krul and Adler as better keepers than Valdes? What the flippin' hell, buddy!?

I love PL,it's the best league in Europe.I could't believe how easily N'castle trashed Chelsea and how awsome!!! was Krul.He's one of the greatest talents in the world!
Maybe you're right,maybe I don't know footbal,but...I would rather have 24 year old perspective goalkeeper whose best days are yet to come then 30 year old Valdes whos best days are passed.He's good,don't get me wrong,but we are Barca.Good is not enough.Why do allways other teams have better GKs?
You know football,I dont...We disagree,no problem.

Trickykid

You know football,I dont...We disagree,no problem.

To each his own, I guess.
But really, Valdes over the hill? 30 is a goalie at his prime, and he can easily stay there for 5-6 seasons more in my oppinion. It's not even a debate for me, which of the two I'd rather have.

Uh,I forgot that dude Varas from Sevilla!How annoing was that 0-0 match...it was impossible to score,man!Should've been 0-5 but no-that sucker performed miracles!
Stekelemburg and Buffon are old,Casillas also-but that babyface sucker looks like he could go on for another 3-4 good years:worthy:!

To each his own, I guess.
But really, Valdes over the hill? 30 is a goalie at his prime, and he can easily stay there for 5-6 seasons more in my oppinion. It's not even a debate for me, which of the two I'd rather have.

I see people here get 2 emotional when I say "let's buy this player,sack that player..." I understand and respect that,I am emotional 2,but people,we can't afford to have any ilusions--they(Real,Chelsea,City,Juve,PSG and all others)are coming on us with full force this season!They won't have mercy.And they don't care that we are emotionaly tied to our players who can not withstand the full power of their young,strong,motivated,rutless killers.I mean,we have Pinto...Pinto?WE,Barcelona,have...Pinto?I mean,give me a brake,dude...Betis wouldn't sign that granny,let alone some serious club.
Just saying:if we want to be the best,we need to have the best(players).
You disagree-fine.Just don't say I didn't warn you...

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Pinto > ManCity's, ManUtd's, Chelsea's, PSG's, Real Madrid's, Bayern's, and Juve's respective goalies

real talks

De Gea and Hart above Casillas :lol:

Casillas is easily the best keeper in the world.

Yes,Iker:worthy: has more expirience,quality is the same...but I put him on top because he has 25 years...when I see him performing now,can't avioid the thouhgt:imagine what monster he will become in Iker present age!!!:wub:I want him in Barca!!!

Trickykid

I see people here get 2 emotional when I say "let's buy this player,sack that player..." I understand and respect that,I am emotional 2,but people,we can't afford to have any ilusions--they(Real,Chelsea,City,Juve,PSG and all others)are coming on us with full force this season!They won't have mercy.And they don't care that we are emotionaly tied to our players who can not withstand the full power of their young,strong,motivated,rutless killers.I mean,we have Pinto...Pinto?WE,Barcelona,have...Pinto?I mean,give me a brake,dude...Betis wouldn't sign that granny,let alone some serious club.
Just saying:if we want to be the best,we need to have the best(players).
You disagree-fine.Just don't say I didn't warn you...

This has got nothing to do with emotions. It's about the fact that Valdes is a bloody good goalkeeper - as a package probably the best one for us.

This has got nothing to do with emotions. It's about the fact that Valdes is a bloody good goalkeeper - as a package probably the best one for us.

He really is bloody good,but the problem is that there is another,upper class of goalkeepers that other teams have.Sorry,but I wouldn't give Cassilas even for 3 Valdes class GKs!I mean,you do not understand that we would probbably win much more matches if we had Casillas class GK this year.And with 1 highest class CB-Real wouldn't win Primera!But,no problem,keep Valdes while others are taking the best...

M

mitkoa7x

He really is bloody good,but the problem is that there is another,upper class of goalkeepers that other teams have.Sorry,but I wouldn't give Cassilas even for 3 Valdes class GKs!I mean,you do not understand that we would probbably win much more matches if we had Casillas class GK this year.And with 1 highest class CB-Real wouldn't win Primera!But,no problem,keep Valdes while others are taking the best...

tumblr_lxrlreKoCr1qjzzyw.gif

I expected support from you,bratko:wave:.C'mon don't tell me you find Valdes on the same level with Casillas,Cech,Neuer,Hart...I love him,but we must be real-monsters are coming to eat us alive:never stronger,never more motivated,never more determined Real/City/Chelsea/PSG...we need all the best we can get to survive:angry: Am I the only one refusing to sleep while others manufacture tenks on industrial scale?

M

mitkoa7x

Valdez is epic in his own way, his footwork far exceeds that of the listed keepers. His reflex is just as good, he's just prone to the occasional mistake. For me he is better than Casillas, that may be cule in me speaking but I honestly believe it.

Home of Barca Fans