Denis Suarez

Antimilan

He can rejoin Barca for free at end of loan. The 6m from Sevilla is not mandatory in the contract nor is Suarez obligated to accept any Sevilla offer.

Any source for it? It doesn't make any sense though. Mandatory or not mandatory, an option is an option, and it is usually included in a contract to actually exercise it at the end of a particular loan, not to let the player decide if the loaning team will make money or not. That's silly.

JamDav1982

Any source for it? It doesn't make any sense though. Mandatory or not mandatory, an option is an option, and it is usually included in a contract to actually exercise it at the end of a particular loan, not to let the player decide if the loaning team will make money or not. That's silly.

All it is is the fee has been agreed pending Suarez agreeing to move.

Tello loan is exactly the same, Porto can only activate the agreed fee and sign him if the player agrees to make move permanent.

Antimilan

All it is is the fee has been agreed pending Suarez agreeing to move.

Tello loan is exactly the same, Porto can only activate the agreed fee and sign him if the player agrees to make move permanent.

So if Denis will say no... all the negotiations and the long hours of deciding the best contract details for a loan will fall down? I'm sure that at the end of the loan, it is the loaning club who has the last word. That is why there is a buying option, and a buying back option. Then, it doesn't make any sense for Denis to say yes to the buying option of Sevilla, then say also yes to the buying back option of Barca..... no logic here whatsoever. Furthermore, if Sevilla would presume that the player would say NO to the buying option... then why even bother to have an option after all?

JamDav1982

So if Denis will say no... all the negotiations and the long hours of deciding the best contract details for a loan will fall down? I'm sure that at the end of the loan, it is the loaning club who has the last word. That is why there is a buying option, and a buying back option. Then, it doesn't make any sense for Denis to say yes to the buying option of Sevilla, then say also yes to the buying back option of Barca..... no logic here whatsoever. Furthermore, if Sevilla would presume that the player would say NO to the buying option... then why even bother to have an option after all?

Do you think Sevilla and Suarez agreed to a permanent contract in 2014 that could be signed in 2015/16 in terms of wages/length of contract etc? Thats unlikely.

The buy option of 6m allows the transfer to happen easily if it is the wish of Suarez and Sevilla to make move permanent and stops Barca asking for much bigger fee.

Antimilan

Do you think Sevilla and Suarez agreed to a permanent contract in 2014 that could be signed in 2015/16 in terms of wages/length of contract etc? Thats unlikely.

The buy option of 6m allows the transfer to happen easily if it is the wish of Suarez and Sevilla to make move permanent and stops Barca asking for much bigger fee.

Let's find out at the end of the next season :p

F

Flavia

The option is there in case Sevilla wants him to stay. But he has to agree to it too. If he starts playing badly you wouldn't want to keep him. And it wouldn't make sense to buy him then, either, would it?

Antimilan

The option is there in case Sevilla wants him to stay. But he has to agree to it too. If he starts playing badly you wouldn't want to keep him. And it wouldn't make sense to buy him then, either, would it?

Yeah that's what I was saying. It is a win-win for everyone, because Sevilla can exercise the option at the end of the loan, pay 6 mill to Barca. Then, if Barca wants him back they pay 9 mill for Sevilla, so Sevilla at least gets 3 million for developing Barca's player. If Barca doesn't want him back, he stays with Sevilla. And only if Sevilla doesn't want to exercise the option, he will stay with Barca. The deal was perfectly designed, and if it would've been for a simple YES or NO from Denis... they wouldn't bother so much.

I'm sure that Sevilla will not offer only a chicken sandwich and a yoghurt per day as a wage for Denis while exercising the option.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yeah that's what I was saying. It is a win-win for everyone, because Sevilla can exercise the option at the end of the loan, pay 6 mill to Barca. Then, if Barca wants him back they pay 9 mill for Sevilla, so Sevilla at least gets 3 million for developing Barca's player. If Barca doesn't want him back, he stays with Sevilla. And only if Sevilla doesn't want to exercise the option, he will stay with Barca. The deal was perfectly designed, and if it would've been for a simple YES or NO from Denis... they wouldn't bother so much.

Sevilla can only excercise the 6m if Suarez agrees and there is nothing to say he has to stay at Sevilla after the two years up if Barca dont want him.

Antimilan

Sevilla can only excercise the 6m if Suarez agrees and there is nothing to say he has to stay at Sevilla after the two years up if Barca dont want him.

Well I don't have the original contract source or anything similar, but I'm quite sure that it works the way I'm presuming. Let's wait and see what happens until then though.

F

Flavia

And only if Sevilla doesn't want to exercise the option, he will stay with Barca..

No. If Denis wants to come back to Barça, he can. End of loan, no fees. His contract with Barça is until 2017, he can exercise his will to see it through.

Antimilan

No. If Denis wants to come back to Barça, he can. End of loan, no fees. His contract with Barça is until 2017, he can exercise his will to see it through.

That would only be possible IF there would be a player clause involved in the deal. If you happen to find the original contract source, where the player clause is also included, do let me know. Until then, the most logical way, as in every other usual loan deal with a buying option, is that the loaning club has the last word, whether they keep the player by exercising the option, or let him go by not doing so.

Zangash

Banned
That would only be possible IF there would be a player clause involved in the deal. If you happen to find the original contract source, where the player clause is also included, do let me know. Until then, the most logical way, as in every other usual loan deal with a buying option, is that the loaning club has the last word, whether they keep the player by exercising the option, or let him go by not doing so.

No player can ever be forced to play somewhere he doesn't want to based on the deals the clubs make. Option to buy or no option to buy, if Suarez doesn't want to play for Sevilla once his loan is up, there's no way you can make him sign the contract. You know, because contracts generally require the player to sign them.

Home of Barca Fans