Denis Suarez

Antimadridista1

No way he stays one more year in Sevilla.
We need new blood in midfield. Send'em Halilovic for a year ! We need another Suarez in the team.

Antimilan

He will be on loan for another season, and then Sevilla has the option to buy him! Barca will not be able to claim him back at all.

F

Flavia

He will be on loan for another season, and then Sevilla has the option to buy him! Barca will not be able to claim him back at all.

Barça can overrule the buyback, though. It's an option, it's not mandatory.

JamDav1982

Sevilla have the option to buy him but that is dependent on the player wanting to make that move.

I am sure there is a buy back option in place for Barcelona should Sevilla pay the 6m to take him.

Zangash

Banned
That goal is proof he deserves to be playing more often. If you can compete in Europe you can compete in La Liga. Any notions of him being benched for lack of quality a few pages back were absurd. The question is, why doesn't he play more often?

Antimilan

I will find a source for the contract details soon and post it here. I'm not completely sure about the buy back option, I don't think it was included in the original deal.

JamDav1982

I will find a source for the contract details soon and post it here. I'm not completely sure about the buy back option, I don't think it was included in the original deal.

As far as I am aware the loan is like this -

1. Suarez on two year loan at Sevilla with option for Sevilla to pay 6m for him in 2015 or 2016. Which the player would needs to agree on to be signed.
2. Suarez can return to Barca in three ways...

1. Barca pay 6m to Sevilla to break loan in 2015 (think this is impossible now)
2. Suarez rejoins Barca after two year loan
3. Suarez signs for Sevilla for 6m but Barca then have a buy back option of 9m in his new contract.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

You got a buy option, but Denis can refuse that and come back to Barcelona if he wants as he is technically still a Barcelona player on loan to Sevilla for two years.

Antimilan

Antimilan

Suarez can't rejoin Barca on his own will at the end of the loan though. Then the 6 million buying option would not make sense, because of course the player would like to return to Barca (his home). If he will be too good by then, it is 3 million profit for Sevilla in the worst scenario.

JamDav1982

Suarez can't rejoin Barca on his own will at the end of the loan though. Then the 6 million buying option would not make sense, because of course the player would like to return to Barca (his home). If he will be too good by then, it is 3 million profit for Sevilla in the worst scenario.

He can rejoin Barca for free at end of loan. The 6m from Sevilla is not mandatory in the contract nor is Suarez obligated to accept any Sevilla offer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

He can, because you got a buy option, not an obligatory buy clause. If you use the buy option and Denis accept your offer then our buy-back option of 9m is enforced.

Home of Barca Fans