Denis Suarez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They had an option of buying him for 6m in the two-year loan deal which was agreed upon.

Jombi

It was part of the Rakitic deal to give Suarez away for 6m and pay his wage while he was loaned there.

Jombi

Not when you have a 200-300mil debt..

And what? 500m in annual revenue? If we want to get more than pocket change for talented players, then I dont think we should agree on a purchase option price before the loan starts. The point of a loan should be to either increase his value or to recall him if he does well.

vukkapor

And what? 500m in annual revenue? If we want to get more than pocket change for talented players, then I dont think we should agree on a purchase option price before the loan starts. The point of a loan should be to either increase his value or to recall him if he does well.

Yeah but from those 500mil about 450 are already spent on running costs..
I agree that he was sold for a small amount, but was only referring to your pocket change money comment..
Well his loan was a part of Rakitic's transfer, so they demanded that he has a buyout clause, we negotiated the 9mil buyout later..

J

Jamie Cal

Wasn't it said they have already paid the 6M and he is now Sevilla player not on loan?

A mystery. I'd be really surprised if he came back, though. Maybe if Halilovic goes there it'll indicate that he's not gonna be at Sevilla. I like Denis, but he's hardly an upgrade on Rafinha, so I can't imagine he'll be kept around.

Home of Barca Fans