Denis Suarez

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
"Sevilla want money" :lol: I know, I know - we were supposed to loan him for 2 years and now we're breaking that deal if we want to bring him back. But it just feels retarded to pay for a player we loaned to them.

You have to pay money to break a contract

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Let Zubi pay. He bent over for Sevilla. Twice

Fair play but you have to acknowledge he also closed some nice business too. Ter Stegen, Alexis, Cesc & Mascherano were deals that were closed under impressive circumstances

We also don't know how much autonomy he had in his job

anguy

Fair play but you have to acknowledge he also closed some nice business too. Ter Stegen, Alexis, Cesc & Mascherano were deals that were closed under impressive circumstances

Also Alba, Bravo, Rakitic - all good players for reasonable prices. His deals were certainly better than deals under Laporta, his main problem was that he was actually too timid and afraid to overpay for players. Also Suarez to Sevilla wasn't that bad deal at all. I still don't think he's ready to play for our A-team anyway, he should stay there for another year.

MessiDinho10

Also Alba, Bravo, Rakitic - all good players for reasonable prices. His deals were certainly better than deals under Laporta, his main problem was that he was actually too timid and afraid to overpay for players. Also Suarez to Sevilla wasn't that bad deal at all. I still don't think he's ready to play for our A-team anyway, he should stay there for another year.

As if Laporta didn't sign any good players for reasonable prices. Yaya Toure, Pique, Edmilson, Beletti, Giuly, Sylvinho, Van Bronckhorst and Marquez where all relatively good players for under 10 million euros. Of course both Txiki and Zubizaretta had their good and bad signings, but saying deals were "certainly better than under Laporta" is factually wrong, and that doesn't even include Neymar's transfer.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You have to put things in right context though. Can't compare market prices now and then nor competition from other top clubs for signing players. Things got exceedingly fierce in last few years.
Having said that both Txiki and Zubi had their good and bad signings.

In the end of the day there are 2 facts:
1 - Both were election puppets and not professionals.
2 - How hard is to convince players to join Barca and play with Ronaldinho/Messi.

If you want to admire a sports director pick Monchi or whoever is in charge at Porto.

MessiDinho10

You have to put things in right context though. Can't compare market prices now and then nor competition from other top clubs for signing players. Things got exceedingly fierce in last few years.
Having said that both Txiki and Zubi had their good and bad signings.

In the end of the day there are 2 facts:
1 - Both were election puppets and not professionals.
2 - How hard is to convince players to join Barca and play with Ronaldinho/Messi.

If you want to admire a sports director pick Monchi or whoever is in charge at Porto.

It's exactly what I had in mind when I compiled that list. I only took players where we paid less than 10 million for (actually most are under 7 million), as that would be around 15-20 nowadays, which is the price we paid for the players anguy named. I could've named Abidal (15 million) for instance, but he'd be worth around 30 million today, so I didn't. As for the signing anguy named, Bravo wasn't cheap, most people here boasted 12 million for a goalkeeper over 30 was too much, and I still think that is the case. So who does he really have left then? Alba, Rakitic where excellent signings for cheap, but in my opinion Laporta and Txiki have done better when it comes to signing bargains.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
ESP federation claim Denis Suarez can't return from loan this summer due to Fifa ban. Barcelona say Fifa has confirmed it's possible [marca]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sport reported that FIFA has rejected our appeal to have Denis Suarez back this summer and the decision is final.

So he will be back in 2016.

Home of Barca Fans