Diego Forlan

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
"he's too old"

we don't wanna have a team of kids.

he's something of a late-bloomer anyway and is in supremely good shape (which is one of the reasons why he was battering goals in left-right-and-centre during the run-in).

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
A team of kids? We have experience in the shape of VV, Puyol, Abidal, Xavi and Henry. Blowing 30m€ on a player who only has 2 or 3 more seasons in him is shortsighted beyond belief.

Aasim

Bumbleman
I wouldn't mind him for cheap but he's not as good as last season. Probably the same reason AMadrid are doing bad aswell..

Co0ter

Forlan is a fantastic player. Can score from anywhere and has been top scorer in Europe 2 seasons out of four for a team that is just a fourth place contender. Would love him here and in my opinion anyone who wouldn't has no actual basis for it.

I rather have a chimp wearing our colors than Forlan. Disgusted.

30million for a guy who is 30 and had the luckiest season ever in 2008-2009. He has had a decent career but he's not the type of player I want to see on Barca. Jesus Christ for 10 or so more you'd have a shot at bringing in Silva or Pato who are younger, better and have a future.

Chucka

Hussein Said know your role
You make it sound like he's only had one good season....

He was awsome for Villareal. Beating Eto'o to the pachichi anyone?

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Lmao Forlan has been one of La Liga's best strikers ever since he moved to the country. He was awesome at Villareal and did a better job than Torres at Atletico. He's a fantastic striker and if he were younger Barca may well have thought more seriously about him.

iced1776

Fantastic finisher but not a very strong player in the buildup. Not that it matters because now that we have Ibra his name would never even be considered.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Zlatan on the left and Forlan in the middle? But he wouldn't be mobile enough for our left probably. However, I definitely would like to see it.

I mean, the assists Forlan would be getting would be insane. Plus he would probably somehow bag half of them when in good shape.

Last edited:

Chucka

He's got a great shot too. I mean really great shot. With either foot as well.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Yeah, he hits the ball really cleanly.

Playing Ibra on the left is something to think about. The only reason i would never play him there is because we bought him for the centre and to be our number 9. He would be like Ronaldinho on the left but slower.

Anyway, buying Forlan means Bojan is finished. Hopefully never happens.

Chucka

Hmmm Larsson is the king, for sure.

Still, good finish by Forlan in todays game.

But as Aasim said, if we buy him Bojan is finished, so ye...

Home of Barca Fans