Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Is the 25 mil actually an integral negative characteristic of the player like his pace (I feel is been treated like that here) or are you just worried about the club's finances?

NickoH

You see, nobody ever goes in... and nobody ever co
Is the 25 mil actually an integral negative characteristic of the player like his pace (I feel is been treated like that here) or are you just worried about the club's finances?

or it's the thought of what else you could do with the 25 mil

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Probably, but that isn't Chyg his fault (as you said in the toher thread, Tren) so I don't think you can blame him for not instantly performing just because he costed 25 mil (which is what mostly happens in this thread.) It is the fault of Pep then.

And a short reminder: you don't buy 'the player at the moment' only, you also pay potential and especially contract terms.

"What else could we do with the money?" Probably spend it to another gamble, knowing Barcelona.

Double edged sword that. Sure he may need match practise to adapt, but while he is adapting, all our title aspirations fly out the window. The thought of Higuain/Villa/Fabiano going at him fills me with dread.

Lol, last time I checked we were top of the leauge. And who else do we have? Rafa is not looking to good (or young) is he?

And I never said we should play him against Real Madrid, Valencia or Sevilla (yet), but against the likes of Xerez, Zaragoza, Malaga, Tenerife he´ll be just fine.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably, but that isn't Chyg his fault (as you said in the toher thread, Tren) so I don't think you can blame him for not instantly performing just because he costed 25 mil (which is what mostly happens in this thread.) It is the fault of Pep then.

Who did that exactly? Why are you twisting peoples words? Also, second bolded part is a false statement If I ever seen one.

V

Valon

He isn't El Tren said that given the sum we paid for him he expected him to start performing good immediately.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thats one guy. And absolutely a call to throw the whole thread in the same basket, sure.

V

Valon

I never took his words as he implied that we all did the same, I understood he meant el tren.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I'm cynical, Valon. You have to take my words that way. I am only here to destroy the whole thread.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And yes, we are ALL displeased with him and ONLY because of his price-tag. Not because he is slow, makes blunder mistakes or commits uncalled fouls.
Jesus.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia

And a short reminder: you don't buy 'the player at the moment' only, you also pay potential and especially contract terms.

"What else could we do with the money?" Probably spend it to another gamble, knowing Barcelona.
In regards to what i wrote in the other thread and to clear things up, my criticism isnt solely directed towards Chryg. Even more, esp. when i use the transfer sum as key argument, its directed towards the decision makers much more.

If a 25M signing, esp. a defender (and in all honesty, how many central defenders transferred for more in the history of football?), doesnt perform and find his way into the regular team within very short time, someone made a wrong decision to bring him in. 25M is imo a too huge amount to put on a longterm or speculative 'asset'. See what other teams bring in for these sums and how they have very often instant impact on the team.

And yes, we are ALL displeased with him and ONLY because of his price-tag. Not because he is slow, makes blunder mistakes or commits uncalled fouls.
Jesus.

Well im obv not happy about it. But he shouldnt be taking the main responsibility for it. They bought him and found out he is slow. Is it his faul? Did he ever pretend to be fast? Prolly not.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
In regards to what i wrote in the other thread and to clear things up, my criticism isnt solely directed towards Chryg. Even more, esp. when i use the transfer sum as key argument, its directed towards the decision makers much more.

If a 25M signing, esp. a defender (and in all honesty, how many central defenders transferred for more in the history of football?), doesnt perform and find his way into the regular team within very short time, someone made a wrong decision to bring him in. 25M is imo a too huge amount to put on a longterm or speculative 'asset'. See what other teams bring in for these sums and how they have very often instant impact on the team.
Which is why I asked if you see the 25 million as an integral characteristic of the players like his lack of pace.

The answer should be clearly 'no', which you also said, and I mentioned that. Hence, you can't push the transfer fee on Chygrynskiy's back but on Pep and other responsible board members. Hence, you can't blame Chygrynskiy for not performing immediately just because he costed 25 million. Which is something that definitely plays in several posts in this thread.

Thanks for answering, Tren. Appreciate it.

Home of Barca Fans