Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's them I referred to Bojan, not you(you did refer to them no) :) Obviously since they follow the kids, they would definitely know better but imo there would be huge gap between both the youngsters and comparing them won't be fair

jamrock

Their is not a U-20 defender in all of spain that is a better DEFENDER, than muniesa.

Fontas, will benefit because he can play the ball out of defense excellently, which is something pep seems to think is critical to any defender he rates, hence sending caceres out on loan and buying Chyga.

Who has been an EPIC FAIL, so far because he can't defend, at the highest level, especially in a high defensive line.

gimmick

I can see no future whatsoever for Chrygy at Barca, but I also cannot see who is going to stump up the cash for him. His €25m fee will haunt both him and Barca, as Barca will want to get as much as possible for him, but no one is going to offer anything close to decent re coup. Maybe just loan him out next season (therefore at least drop his wages from the bill) and hopefully whoever takes him will want a permanent dela later on.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
With the depth at CB in La Masia with both Fontas & Muniesa, it does beg the question of why from Txiki & Pep, tbh...I still hold out hope for Cheesuz but even if he were more settled already, I'd still be wondering why buy him?...Especially with that price tag?

barca96

With the depth at CB in La Masia with both Fontas & Muniesa, it does beg the question of why from Txiki & Pep, tbh...I still hold out hope for Cheesuz but even if he were more settled already, I'd still be wondering why buy him?...Especially with that price tag?

its been discussed over and over.
coz we only had 3 recognized cb's(pique-puyol-marquez) and we needed cover.
how i wish they integrate muniesa or fontas, an own product who knows the system and free instead of taking a big gamble just like chiggy and ibra.

Last edited:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
This once again just tells how much some of you know about what's going on with Fontás and Muniesa.

Muniesa has been injured on/off for the past two seasons and he's currently still injured and not even certain of taking part in the playoffs for Barça Athletic. On another note, the kid is still in his teens and might not be ready for first team football with the amount of injuries racking up for at least a year.

Same goes for Fontás, who to some is still a question mark, and he's currently injured for the following three months.

The problem in regards to both of them, is that if they'd have to fully integrated back into the first team, it should happen the following summer. We shan't forget the curious case of Botía either, and I'd be all for bringing him back.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This once again just tells how much some of you know about what's going on with Fontás and Muniesa.

Muniesa has been injured on/off for the past two seasons and he's currently still injured and not even certain of taking part in the playoffs for Barça Athletic. On another note, the kid is still in his teens and might not be ready for first team football with the amount of injuries racking up for at least a year.

Same goes for Fontás, who to some is still a question mark, and he's currently injured for the following three months.

The problem in regards to both of them, is that if they'd have to fully integrated back into the first team, it should happen the following summer. We shan't forget the curious case of Botía either, and I'd be all for bringing him back.

I beg to differ...What your're describing is a recent issue with these two players...At the time that Cheesuz was pursued, they were readily available.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
I beg to differ...What your're describing is a recent issue with these two players...At the time that Cheesuz was pursued, they were readily available.

Look at it this way: Chygrynsky was one of the reasons Shakhtar kept Barcelona away from scoring during the "Supercopa de Europa" and he had a one hell of a seasons with Shakhtar in general. Shakhtar were not a club wanting to sell, thus when Barça came inquiring about Chygs, they set the price as high as they wished to. Pep had a huge incentive of going after a proven player on nearly the highest level in Europe one can play at.

Despite of Muniesa winning the best young defender award last year, his season was unfortunately plagued with injuries and he had the pre-season with Barça's A team directly after coming out from a layoff. Earlier the previous sesaon, he had been off for 2-3 months due to another injury. Fontás could have been promoted, but for reasons stated above, he relied on Chygrynsky.

A huge shame in regards to Fontás, though, is that he is injured for the following 3 months. He MIGHT make the pre-season with Barça, but it is highly unlikely so. Can't see why Muniesa wouldn't been able to participate, though, given he stays off the treatment table.

Last edited:

barca96

Look at it this way: Chygrynsky was one of the reasons Shakhtar kept Barcelona away from scoring during the "Supercopa de Europa" and he had a one hell of a seasons with Shakhtar in general. Shakhtar were not a club wanting to sell, thus when Barça came inquiring about Chygs, they set the price as high as they wished to. Pep had a huge incentive of going after a proven player on nearly the highest level in Europe one can play at.

Despite of Muniesa winning the best young defender award last year, his season was unfortunately plagued with injuries and he had the pre-season with Barça's A team directly after coming out from a layoff. Earlier the previous sesaon, he had been off for 2-3 months due to another injury. Fontás could have been promoted, but for reasons stated above, he relied on Chygrynsky.

and that is where the mistake is.
better to have a known product rather than someone who comes from a total kind of football, eastern europe and as slow as a snail and has to learn a new language.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
and that is where the mistake is.
better to have a known product rather than someone who comes from a total kind of football, eastern europe and as slow as a snail and has to learn a new language.

A rather pricey mistake it was. I do not believe that he will be loaned out though, as it would destroy him.

I just hope Chygsy will be able to improve his game reading, gain some confidence and remain patient come next season, if he still sticks around. Having a pre-season with the team might help him a bit as Pep will most likely try him out either with Muniesa, Fontas, Puyi or Milito. I'd just rather see him on the RCB more and see how it works out.

barca96

A rather pricey mistake it was. I do not believe that he will be loaned out though, as it would destroy him.

I just hope Chygsy will be able to improve his game reading, gain some confidence and remain patient come next season, if he still sticks around. Having a pre-season with the team might help him a bit as Pep will most likely try him out either with Muniesa, Fontas, Puyi or Milito. I'd just rather see him on the RCB more and see how it works out.

yeah for chiggys case i wouldnt mind having him around for another season to try out.
plus there is no club that seems to be interested. and he is still young and still a lot of improvement can be made.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

A huge shame in regards to Fontás, though, is that he is injured for the following 3 months. He MIGHT make the pre-season with Barça, but it is highly unlikely so. Can't see why Muniesa wouldn't been able to participate, though, given he stays off the treatment table.

No, I get the interest in Cheesuz, especially with how well he played at Shakhtar...I was just pointing out that, at the time, Fontas & Muniesa were healthy and had seen first team appearances already...Just thought it made some sense for a backup to be a Masia product...I mean, at this point, where are these players going to go?...On loan?...Sold?

For me, Fontas' time is now...He deserves first team football, tbh...He may be injured now but in terms of his form and maturity, he's been ready, IMHO

As for Dima, absolutely believe he needs another year to gel...I don't view him as a Caceres sort of 'failure' but I do question why he was purchased at the time when there were options from the youth ranks...Particularly, in retrospect, it looks to have been a poor (Especially in terms of economics) decision

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
No, I get the interest in Cheesuz, especially with how well he played at Shakhtar...I was just pointing out that, at the time, Fontas & Muniesa were healthy and had seen first team appearances already...Just thought it made some sense for a backup to be a Masia product...I mean, at this point, where are these players going to go?...On loan?...Sold?

For me, Fontas' time is now...He deserves first team football, tbh...He may be injured now but in terms of his form and maturity, he's been ready, IMHO

As for Dima, absolutely believe he needs another year to gel...I don't view him as a Caceres sort of 'failure' but I do question why he was purchased at the time when there were options from the youth ranks...Particularly, in retrospect, it looks to have been a poor (Especially in terms of economics) decision

Firstly, I do not belive that either Fontás or Muniesa will be loaned or sold. Fontás could be well promoted into the first team, depending of how the situation with the defenders will evolve. The possibility of having Botía for the pre-season with us is a viable option as well.

I wouldn't exclude neither of the the two already mentioned either, just hoping they'd both be in shape come pre-season.

On the second count, I do agree that he is ready and imho. should be definitely integrated into the first team come next season. The only problem is, that nobody thought Milito to come as good as he has so far. He is by far our third choice behind Puyol and Pique.

Our defensive roster is at the current filled with great amount of talent. I reckon we'd have Alves, Maxwell, Abidal, Puyol, Pique, Milito, Chygrynsky and either Fontas, Bartra or Muniesa and that would be more than enough. Botia, as I've mentioned supra, is still an option.

I'd let Muniesa to have one season more with Athletic and then integrate him into the team around 2011 - 2012 season as Puyol will be turning 34 then.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans